Classified / Hopes and expectations

Lenne

• Moderators

Hello everyone. 

I am pretty sure, I am most excited for the classified "experience" compared to the other maps. FIVE was a very good map challenging but not too much and correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure it had the first buildable (trap) way before it got cool in Black Ops II. And of course a very funny cast of characters to say the least. 

The only bad thing about it was the EE song. 

But now we are getting a remake with the original 4 and everything that will come with BO IIII.

So my questions to you are: Do you want the map to be a copy of the original or do you want some new areas to explore? Are you glad we are getting the original crew back? 

Do you have any more hopes? (Maybe a proper side quest or more small Easter Eggs... or both?!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I actually hope we will get a few new areas to explore, and some older areas possibly blocked off. Why? To discover new secrets in the Pentagon. I really hope this map will dive into the old conspiracy/Cold War/Operation Paperclip theme, with possibly some references or new information about things as Nova-6, the upcoming Moon landing, Group 601, Cold War operations, Groom Lake, Griffin Stations and maybe the end of Group 935 and Division 9, and their legacy to greedy new organisations (Broken Arrow and the Ascension Group). And I would like to extend the information about the secret undergroumd Broken Arrow facilities (the Busdriver's quotes). That's a big wish-list, I know, but keep in mind after WW2 the Americans knew everything Group 935 knew plus new discovered stuff. The most important wish for me is to keep the story based on real events and conspiracies. Man, that would give us so much more theory-food than stories made up by the CoD team their selves.

Oh, and these new areas must be gameplay wise BO1-style. No crazy lasers and lights, no enemies and game-elements without a good backstory.

I'm curious to see if Yuri returns. The Pentagon Thief is such an iconic staple of 'Five' that I feel he would have to really.

Not sure how that would fit though unless we are there at the same time as JFK and crew were, should be interesting so see how they write him into it.

Is it confirmed to be the Ultimis crew? I've heard things, but I've not heard perfect details on that one.

Also, I mean... if it's the Ultimis crew, I can imagine we'll be seeing a lot more Hellhounds, a better Winter's Howl (hopefully)... I dunno. Would be awesome to see the Pentagon Thief come back.

If anything, though... having a trailer for this map would be real nice.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Wooodd said:

I'm curious to see if Yuri returns. The Pentagon Thief is such an iconic staple of 'Five' that I feel he would have to really.

Me too but if he will return I am curious to see (from a gameplay perspective) if the claymors return and will we able to stack them again as opposed to only having two trip mines on the map at the same time. Stacking the Claymores in front of Jug and just standing there waiting for Yuri to be killed by the claymores was pretty funny to do and also a good way to deal with him.

@The Meh Blundell confirmed it during E3 I believe, but yes the original crew will be back for at least one more time. :3

I would love to see it start backwards. By that I mean, I want to be able to get to the Situation Room as part of the Easter egg. I think it would be a nice touch to start us out somewhere deeper in the Pentagon and that part of the map will be available but not the whole thing. I think it would be really cool to have to go into the older parts of the map to secure things that was left behind during the first iteration. I do not want to see a complete copy of 5!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really hoping they add some new areas to this. Just getting a copy would be boring tbh. I like Five in BO1, but after the remakes in Chronicles I want them to change things up a bit... actually I wanted that with The Giant already. Keep most of the old areas same but add few new areas to explore. Keep Winters Howl but buff it up a bit, not too much though, we don't need an overpowered weapon. 

• Administrators
On 9/7/2018 at 9:15 AM, JJMFP said:

I would love to see it start backwards. By that I mean, I want to be able to get to the Situation Room as part of the Easter egg. I think it would be a nice touch to start us out somewhere deeper in the Pentagon and that part of the map will be available but not the whole thing. I think it would be really cool to have to go into the older parts of the map to secure things that was left behind during the first iteration. I do not want to see a complete copy of 5!

This is how I feel as well. I think it would be interesting to be in a deeper part of the Pentagon. Maybe Zombie Labs stuff haha?

Also, what @anonymous said. GIMME DA BACKSTORY BB

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

I can't believe how hyped I can be for just one pic of this stupid game even after so many years. haha

I know ? I had decided to not buy BO4 at all, then it turned into maybe after I've seen how it turns out to well **** now it's pre-ordered. And I'm on my biggest zombie hype since the beginning of BO3. ?

Archived