Blackout Zombies

Boom115

• Administrators

Game Informer just released some new information about Treyarch's new Battle Royale Mode Black Out. Anddddd THERE ARE ZOMBIES!

Here are a few items they were able to share and I found interesting:

• Nuketown will be in the map as an Island?
  • Verrukt or at least part of it will be part of the map
  • 80 players will be the limit
  • Zombies characters will be playable (we knew this)
  • AI controlled Zombies with be part of the mode
    • Some sort of loot benefit

Blackout-Promo-Image.jpg

Check it out here>>>> https://www.gameinformer.com/cover-reveal/2018/09/04/october-cover-revealed-call-of-duty-black-ops-4

I normally don't play anything but classic zombies, but I'm interested.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
31 minutes ago, Boom115 said:

80 players will be the limit

As far as I know they are still aiming for more when the full game drops. 

I personally don't see the appeal with PUBG and Fortnite, but some of my friends like those, so I guess I also have to play this as opposed to just zombies, but hey. Maybe it will be fun.

• Moderators

So Nuketown, TranZit, Call of the Dead, Buried, and Verrukt so far all have areas inspired by them. Interesting how most of those are maps that were not in Zombies Chronicles. I've seen people speculate these assets are being made for the inevitable remakes in a Zombies Chronicles 2 similar to assets in Revelations being made for Chronicles. I don't personally think we'll see a ZC2, at least not at the same scale as the original, but we will see. I'm curious what other zombies secrets are on this map.

• Administrators

I genuinely think that we will see a zombie chronicles 2. There are only 5 maps remaining to be be remade (Green Run, nuke town, Die Rise, Buried, and CotD). To your point they would just be using already remade assests. The community has shown with dlc5 that there is a huge interest and as we all know activitision loves $$$$.  Although I could see them skipping Nuketoen though. I would love to see what they could do with tranzit on a next gen platform.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Boom115 said:

I'm going to double flip my shit if Nuketown or Der Riese gets brought back yet again. 

You talkin about the mp map, right? Cause NTZ has never been brought back. I agree with you on Der Riese though. 3 versions of it are definitely enough. The only way I could see them bringing der Riese back is if they open the map more with new areas etc.

If they really make another zombies only dlc down the line, then they just have to include NTZ it is such a fun map. 

Also on another note: I just watched the Playstation upload of the Blackout trailer and at the end of it it only said: "play the beta first on Playstation" I am getting more and more confident on there not being DLC exclusivity at this point.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Lenne said:

Also on another note: I just watched the Playstation upload of the Blackout trailer and at the end of it it only said: "play the beta first on Playstation" I am getting more and more confident on there not being DLC exclusivity at this point.

I would have assumed the opposite. The fact that they explicitly called out playstation would indicate to me that there is still a deal in the works. Is there something that I am missing?  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Boom115 said:

I would have assumed the opposite. The fact that they explicitly called out playstation would indicate to me that there is still a deal in the works. Is there something that I am missing?  

It's just me assuming things, so we won't know until it officially get's announced. There is also the chance of just getting the marketing deals, while the maps will be available for everyone at the same time, but that is just my wishful thinking.

• Moderators

So I played it for 2 hours or so yesterday. (Half an hour on my own and 1.5 with a friend)

First off the good things: The map is very fun seeing all of those classic locations in there really is a treat.

The vehicles are fun and easy to use while not being overpowered.

The gunplay and movement are just like you'd expect from a CoD.

It is smooth as hell.

Negatives are: The map looks kinda like what you would expect from the middleground between the last and current gen consoles. It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look that good either, which is fine, cause I rather have it this way than having a laggy mess.

For my liking the people take way too many bullets especially when I seem to die in three, but that is probably because I can not find any good armor and it feels like the game really depends on it.

The servers are still kinda wonky, but that is to be expected.

I enjoyed it though, but only with a friend or two to play with.

@Lenne I’m excited to get my hands on this tomorrow.  Been following some folks playing on twitch.

I’ve been playing a lot of PUBG myself, you kind of have to embrace the chaos and thrive in it.  I equate it to gambling - mostly luck with a dash of intuition and skill.  Good headphones are a must.

in terms of map design I’m excited for some familiarity.  Coming from PUBG (which looks like PS2 era graphics sometimes and has stale reused textures) it looked way better, but I’ll report back when I get some hands on experience.

2 hours ago, Boom115 said:

@GRILLHow easy is it to pick up a battle royale game? I haven't even dabbled, so it will be a brand new experience for me. 

@Boom115 it’s a bit jarring at first.  You have to get used to the concept that you are never safe, and that an enemy player could literally be hiding behind any tree, or door.  You also have to get used to basically disregarding all of what I just said, because if you play too conservatively then you’ll never get very far.

The thing that really hooked never about PUBG was the teamwork.  When you have a fun team, it doesn’t matter if you win.  Solo is super fun too, a nice challenge.

If you want to get right into the action or are looking for a quick game, you can drop into a popular spot.  If you want to play conservatively there are a million places to land that are remote.

In general these battle Royale modes encourage creativity, and they often play out in unique scenarios - which is why each match feels fresh.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:45 AM, Lenne said:

I'm gonna flip my shit if they don't remaster Nuketown zombies as well. ;_;

On 9/7/2018 at 6:15 AM, Boom115 said:

I'm going to double flip my shit if Nuketown or Der Riese gets brought back yet again. 

Nuketown is back in November, reimagined and ready for MP.  I have not heard of a Nuketown Zombie revisit, but I sure would like to see it pan out!

• 3 months later...

If Nuke Town returns to zombies, I hope it is either changed so that I enjoy it, or I hope that it really brings great joy to those who liked the original. I know the joy that ZC brought me in BO3 (I did not like the BO1 remakes). Heck, I even enjoyed Moon on BO3!

If they can make me have fun on Moon, then maybe TranZit and NTZ can find new life in BO4. I did not hate TranZit, but it was half-baked at best.

Archived