Blood of the Dead Intro Cutscene

RadZakpak

• Moderators

Let's discuss this cutscene and what you guys think it means. Maybe it's just the hype but it feels like my favorite zombies cutscene in a while.

RadAustins27 discussed on his podcast potential theories behind the scene, and I'm of the belief that the Richtofen there when they arrive is from Post-Revelations, while Primis that shows up is after Zetsubou No Shima. This is an alternate version of the events of the timeline, as Richtofen notes the change in the pages in the Kronorium. They also pointed to the significance of his "Opening the gateway, a vessel for Maxis" line when Primis arrives. The Richtofen there is clearly distressed by something to have just happened, and any time this line is said in Origins, the Giant, and I believe Gorod and Revelations, Richtofen is stressed and trying to regain his mind. It is ptentially the effect of him traveling so much through time, as it deteriorates his mind, and he has to reframe his thinking to the place that started it all, his time in Origins. This would point to the Richtofen already there having just done something to alter time or stress him in some way, perhaps killing the version of himself that was guiding Victis into the pods. Or perhaps he killed him even earlier, and built the lab in a different area of the prison, hence why Primis arrives further away than expected.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
On 7/24/2018 at 3:28 PM, RadZakpak said:

Let's discuss this cutscene and what you guys think it means. Maybe it's just the hype but it feels like my favorite zombies cutscene in a while.

How do you feel about cutscenes in general in the zombies stories? 

Is that the MR6 and in general the Blops III guns the guys are using? ugh...

• Moderators
On 7/25/2018 at 12:58 PM, Lenne said:

How do you feel about cutscenes in general in the zombies stories? 

Is that the MR6 and in general the Blops III guns the guys are using? ugh...

I feel like they should do a lot to show some progression in the characters. I think Black Ops 3’s gradually showed Primis grow as a team while progressing the story and being entertaining to watch as well as setting the tone. Gorod’s cutscene did really well in setting Gorod as a goofy, over the top map where all hell has broke loose thanks to Ace of Spades. Der Eisendrache and Zetsubou could have been better though. I also like to see things I don’t expect. So less, “they go the place”, and more unexpected events like this one.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I would definitely agree that this is likely the post rev Richtofen. He recites at least one of the Origins quotes in every single one of the BO3 maps. Also it would take more work to render a seperate model without blood vials rather than just using an exact copy. So I think it was very intentional. With only 4 zombies maps on the Black Ops Pass and 2 storylines, do you think it is safe to say that this will be the last map featuring the Primis crew?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Boom115 said:

I would definitely agree that this is likely the post rev Richtofen. He recites at least one of the Origins quotes in every single one of the BO3 maps. Also it would take more work to render a seperate model without blood vials rather than just using an exact copy. So I think it was very intentional. With only 4 zombies maps on the Black Ops Pass and 2 storylines, do you think it is safe to say that this will be the last map featuring the Primis crew?

On one hand I don’t know how they can cap off a storyline 10 years in the making with just this map and Classiefied. But on the other, I don’t know where else they could go with this. Let’s hope the Chaos crew takes off successfully.

We all thought, for sure, that Revelations was the end.  That cut scene at the end was pretty damning.  If anything, there are plot holes to be filled.  Like you said, 10 years of story line, and most of it was thrown together with no vision until Blundell and origins came around.  I think, like any good series, they are milking the Primis crew for all that it is worth.  Prequel-esq movie style, there has always been a need for the origin story or prequel in order to bring the whole picture together.  I do think that BLOPS IV is the last of the crew, new and old.  Remember the time frame and the timing of new game modes.  Are you not ready for a new story that has been thought out completely before the begin developing.  Another argument for a stand alone for me.  You have to know, with the community involvement and influence that something like a tear off is in the works.  My thing is, how are they being so quiet about it.  It takes a lot to create a game from the ground up.  Time is definitely a constraint.  Now a game is put out with a longer life-span that does not have to be maintained as much and frees up time for the development of the idea to begin.  The writing is all but on the wall. 

Archived