RadZakpak

Blood of the Dead Intro Cutscene

Let's discuss this cutscene and what you guys think it means. Maybe it's just the hype but it feels like my favorite zombies cutscene in a while.

RadAustins27 discussed on his podcast potential theories behind the scene, and I'm of the belief that the Richtofen there when they arrive is from Post-Revelations, while Primis that shows up is after Zetsubou No Shima. This is an alternate version of the events of the timeline, as Richtofen notes the change in the pages in the Kronorium. They also pointed to the significance of his "Opening the gateway, a vessel for Maxis" line when Primis arrives. The Richtofen there is clearly distressed by something to have just happened, and any time this line is said in Origins, the Giant, and I believe Gorod and Revelations, Richtofen is stressed and trying to regain his mind. It is ptentially the effect of him traveling so much through time, as it deteriorates his mind, and he has to reframe his thinking to the place that started it all, his time in Origins. This would point to the Richtofen already there having just done something to alter time or stress him in some way, perhaps killing the version of himself that was guiding Victis into the pods. Or perhaps he killed him even earlier, and built the lab in a different area of the prison, hence why Primis arrives further away than expected.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 3:28 PM, RadZakpak said:

Let's discuss this cutscene and what you guys think it means. Maybe it's just the hype but it feels like my favorite zombies cutscene in a while.

How do you feel about cutscenes in general in the zombies stories? 

Is that the MR6 and in general the Blops III guns the guys are using? ugh...

On 7/25/2018 at 12:58 PM, Lenne said:

How do you feel about cutscenes in general in the zombies stories? 

Is that the MR6 and in general the Blops III guns the guys are using? ugh...

I feel like they should do a lot to show some progression in the characters. I think Black Ops 3’s gradually showed Primis grow as a team while progressing the story and being entertaining to watch as well as setting the tone. Gorod’s cutscene did really well in setting Gorod as a goofy, over the top map where all hell has broke loose thanks to Ace of Spades. Der Eisendrache and Zetsubou could have been better though. I also like to see things I don’t expect. So less, “they go the place”, and more unexpected events like this one.