Sign in to follow this  
The Meh

Found a little something in the Moon loading screen.

Hey, guys, The Meh here.

I can't exactly attribute this to myself - someone over at Twitter (@SCP_1247) found this first, and it ended up reaching my eyes, so I figured I'd throw it up here for some discussion.

So, hey, Moon loading screen, right?

latest?cb=20170617133537

(source link is HERE if you want it - it works better there, honestly)

It's a nice loading screen. No doubts... and I wish I had a better picture to show this. But, under the Idle Idol ad, there's a line of dialogue there, one that I'm not entirely certain is in the original (and my research into it is more-so pointing to no).

Upon closer inspection, you'll find that the line reads as follows:

"Have fun with Papa in Poland. Mommy will miss you, but she has work to do at Dresden."

So, I'll leave it to you guys. What do you think that means? Nonsense line, or more important? Better yet, who's this message for? The most likely of theories I've got for it is that this is Samantha's mother, giving her best wishes to Sam as she travels over to the Der Riese facility with Maxis... but, hey, that's just a single possibility.

Per aspera ad astra.

-The Meh

Just gonna go for the record, the tweet definitely has better photos of this than I do... maybe rely on that as well.

(i wonder if this is one of those things that @MrRoflWaffles would have a field day on or not)

We have already talked about it here and I really have the impression that this message is present on the original loading screen.

Awards

On 7/24/2018 at 3:01 AM, Schrödinger said:

We have already talked about it here and I really have the impression that this message is present on the original loading screen.

I figured that they did - I wouldn't doubt something like that. I've looked at the original plenty as well - I don't think it's in that.

On 7/24/2018 at 2:22 AM, Lenne said:

Has Dresden ever been mentioned in zombies before?

If they did, I certainly don't remember it. Pretty sure this is the first time I've heard of it.

Over seen this one time as well. It's kinda in contradiction with the timeline, which says: 

November 5th, 1934

Samantha Maxis is born. Her mother dies in childbirth.

The first thing I thought when noticing this, logically, was that this was another case of Blundell just doing his own stuff and not taking account with the older story of Zielinski. That was before I noticed that everything Blundell has done -whever you like or dislike his continuation of the story- fits one way or another in Zielinski's story. For real. If you ever feel it's not, dig deeper. There is always a solution, and sometimes I feel like Blundell has made things fit perfectly, even things the community doesn't ever think of (looking at dates and stuff). 

So how can we solve this? Sam's natural mother is for sure dead for some time, that's a fact. She didn't even knew here since she died when Samantha was born. Maybe this 'mommy' is Samantha's adoption mother, or at least a woman she calls 'mommy'. Or maybe it's an imaginary mother. I don't know. Other question: Dresden?

Awards

I don't recall seeing Dresden mentioned anywhere in Zombies before. 

Can it be a coincidence though that Dresden in Germany was bombed and all but decimated by the allied forces in 1945, the same year as the events of Der Riese?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II

Edited by Wooodd
Reworded a little, I don't know when Maxis travelled to Der Riese.

Awards

6 hours ago, Wooodd said:

I don't recall seeing Dresden mentioned anywhere in Zombies before. 

Can it be a coincidence though that Dresden in Germany was bombed and all but decimated by the allied forces in 1945, the same year as the events of Der Riese?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II

This might have something to do with it. Since Dresden simply did not exist anymore after that fatal bombardement, this 'quote' must be from before the date of bombardement. Samantha might've lost this "mother figure" in the bombardement, making her totally left over to the hands of her irresponsible father. Maybe that's why Maxis bought her Fluffy, as some kind of consolation. 

Awards

11 hours ago, anonymous said:

Maybe that's why Maxis bought her Fluffy, as some kind of consolation.  

Samantha had Fluffy in 1942.

Awards