Sign in to follow this  
InfestLithium

My Apologies

Hey friendos!

It's been a damn good while since I've...well, really been active here in the past few months. As a member of the community and especially Administrator, this is totally unacceptable. So let me start off by apologizing for my inactivity. Lots of things have happened, both good and bad, and it severely limited my appearance and ability to run things smoothly like I vowed to you all some years ago when I was brought on to the admin team.

Where did I go? Most of you know that I've aligned myself with the guys over at Zombies World Championship last year. For those that don't know who they are, they're the first ever Zombies championship to be not only officially recognized by Activision and the developers (Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer), but to be actually executed as a major physical tournament right in Los Angeles, CA (where I live). I became great friends with co-creators Mcsportzhawk (Matt) and Jose and offerred my assistance by using CODZ as a platform via Twitter, the site, our presence on Reddit, etc. What was simple boosting on social media turned to us forming an awesome relationship and soon turned into me going full-time with them for marketing while using CODZ as one of many plugs. It's been awesome yet stressful at the same time.

But it did come at a price. I've been so in love with ZWC that I preemptively neglected this home right here. It wasn't that I didn't care for it - I simply had difficult balancing the two. I figured with such a glowing community and supportive staff, I'd be able to quietly slip in and out and things would just automate themselves here. The result was a broken forum software that wasn't properly being upgraded, funding was slipping through the cracks to keep CODZ online, and activity drastically dropped because I couldn't keep up with optimizing the site to feel more at home for the members. After ZWC 2017 ended, I was able to come back and work a bit more but I realized how gone I was. Seeing that now makes me disappointed in myself as a leader and friend to you all.

It also didn't help that I was failing college as a 5th year engineering student, so close to graduating but kept stumbling. It put me in my current position, where I was almost completely kicked out but gracefully was given a second chance to show I could do better academically. I dealt with a move and changed several close relationships I had with people to re-find myself, as I was probably the most unorganized POS you'd ever know, haha.

For that, I'm truly sorry to have seemingly abandoned everyone here.

Things will change. Given my heavier involvement with ZWC2 this year and more relationships to wonderful people and millions of fans just like us, I'm shifting a lot around to keep CODZ at the Top 3 of my priority in the online world (one is reserved for watching Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer, @Lenne it's time to bust out the popcorn). But seriously, there will be more forum upgrades, content, and support to keep this platform 24/7 at full speed. There are lot of things I need to fix up, but I'll make time for it guaranteed.

And with the announcement of Black Ops 4, there is a helluva lot of content coming our way in the Zombies world. We have all the tools and assets ready to go to receiving the incoming fresh faces, and I know how awesome you all are for welcome each person into this family of ours.

With that, thank you all for being the reasons why CODZ is even alive, and what really has shaped the site into what we know it - a family.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Seeing that now makes me disappointed in myself as a leader and friend to you all.

Now that is a bit dramatic, my friend. No matter how much time you put in here, you'll still be my Festo buddy until the end of days and you do ZWC with this site in mind, of course it would be nice of you when you checked in more often, but same could be said about so many other folks.

6 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

(one is reserved for watching Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer, @Lenne it's time to bust out the popcorn)

Yes, Nomura has blessed us with three trailers and while the story and gameplay implications are very nice, I gotta be honest and say, the trailers on their own are kinda mediocre and I can confidently say that I don't like "Don't think twice". 😣 I am very glad though on how it seems like the disney worlds have more importance now.

No worries, friends, really no. You've done so much for this site, it's really not bad if you take a long break. Totally understandable even.

I estimated my activity after the exams more as well, but guess what? Suddenly I'm going to Italy with my girlfriend, Mallorca with friends, unknown holiday with family, introduction week on my new university, more working to pay holidays, working on my upcoming new rental student apartment, et cetera. Not everything is predictable. Do whatever you like to do. Absolutely don't feel yourself obligated or forced to be online of CoDZ. We'll make it anyway. 

See you later, Ash (friend does that mean, right?)

Awards

You should not beat yourself up over it, school can be a real living Hell sometimes. Many of us know that. I would say definitely say that should be number one priority. This forum and the rest of us will be here for a long time. I have a lot of respect for you, and thank you for making this forum as awesome as it is!