Sign in to follow this  
The Meh

Retrospective.

Well... looks like I made it. According to the website, on May 26th, 2018... I reached my fourth year on CoDz.

excited celebration GIF

Honestly, I can say that it feels good. Knowing how long I've been here... knowing I'll be here longer, as time moves on... it is really heartwarming... and there's a lot I feel like I should say, regarding it.

When I came here for the first time, I was apprehensive. People that know me already know how things are - PTG had shut down a long while ago with their forums, and I had yearned to find a place like that where I could post what I used to, and do what I could do before. Before I joined CoDz... I honestly felt like I was alone in my endeavors to understand Zombies... and, who I was in that grand scheme - that, being no light comment either, since, admittedly, I grew up with the internet, and I grew up with forums and chatrooms, like this place has/had. It was... comforting, knowing that this place was as welcoming to me as it was... well, with every other PTG member, give or take those that were bad about it. I know there was an influx, and that a number of people from the old forums didn't make it here or caused issue... but I was glad knowing that I was able to come through and be a part of this community. To learn and understand what content this place would allow me to produce.

I grew up here, really. I wasn't sure what to post, and tried to be imaginative with concepts in the form of old stories I made... which, I'm happy having done, since it led to me posting Unity, something I love... something that I feel embodies who I was going to become here, at this forum. Something that shaped me as I shaped it. Given... I learned a lot of things being here. I had hard times. I got banned once, if I recall, for a period of time. I outed my thoughts and admitted dark things. I said things I shouldn't have said. I found friends, I lost them, found them again, and made enemies of others. I questioned my place here, and elsewhere. I discussed strange ideas that I feel gave reasonable input to conversations. I... did a lot of things.

But, I've learned that, perhaps, all these things are mortal. That, in a way, these inquisitive impulses are supposed to be what make me become this person I am. If I didn't have them, I don't know that I'd be here. I don't know that I'd be any better. If I didn't have people to support these things... I don't know if I could ever have lasted here.

I have... an unyielding and undying appreciation for the people and persons that I've met here. There are so many of you that visit and care about this place, just as I do, and are willing to point me in the directions that make my time being here all the more worthwhile. There are so many of you between here and elsewhere - meaning, mostly, people that are here or have come here that I talk to more off of here - that I've come to find as friends. People like Voyager. People like @Lenne. People like @anonymous. People like @TheNathanNS. People like @Stop Mocking Me0. People like @Delta. People like @MysteryMachineX.  People like @Amantha77. People like @HitmanVere. People like @InfestLithium... and oh-so-many other names... I wish I could mention them all.

There are a lot of words I could say to all of you that I figure could suffice as a show of appreciation, but... I don't know how to even form them in any better, eloquent way.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

I owe you guys everything. All of you that have impacted me in this way. I don't think I'd have been able to make it this far without the impact you all have left on me. I know there are names that I haven't mentioned, names that I've forgotten, names that deserve recognition. But... somehow, perhaps, I do hope that they may see this and smile.

Simply put... thank you guys... so much. For everything.

Here's to the future. Let's see how far we'll go.

Regards,

-The Meh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

...I forgot to add this, but... yeah. I know I'm a few days late to post something like this.

It's probably for the better that I waited, though. A post like this needed some time to think about.

🙏I love posts that spread the love around. 🙏

Meh, I relate to this post a lot, I was in a very lonely place back when I joined and I still am in some regards, but this forum and the people on it have helped me in a huge way and still do even when it is quiet on here and you play a big part in this as well, you are not only my hangman buddy, but you are also one of the most funny and genuine people on here.

It is quite admirable how you have grown on here and I hope you could also translate it in real life.

Much love, my friend.

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2018 at 10:04 PM, The Meh said:

...I forgot to add this, but... yeah. I know I'm a few days late to post something like this.

It's probably for the better that I waited, though. A post like this needed some time to think about.

And so is my reply.

This is.... Honestly I don't know what I can say to this. I am not that good in discribing my feelings as you do right here. But I actually feel kinda the same about this community as you: It's just the people here... Uhm, everybody just seems to kind and open hearted and caring to each other. It's so odd to keep in mind that we all came here because we were fund on slaughtering walking corpses. 

And I feel that this what we have is pretty unique on the internet. Or even in real life maybe. CoDZ is a place like a pub where everyone knows each other, loves each other and where you go to to relax, forget everything else and talk and discuss with your friends. And yet do all these friends wear a mask so you can't see how they look like, but that doesn't matter because all what matters is the soul within (ouch, deep stuff). 

About you, Meh, you're beloved here. Four years is quite some time, and I know you even already had Zombies experience before (PTG might have helped in that). Speaking of which, I'm always curious to PTG. How was that forum? Comparable to this one, or very different? 

As Lenne said, you are really one of the most genuine and funny persons here. I love your character. You said CoDZ made you how you are but that's not true. Your character has laid always within you, CoDZ might merely be some kind of key to unleash it. It is you who is so fantastic, always has been.

Might a zombie apocalypse ever occur, I hope we somehow meet each other and together fight the undead off :P 

• Thanks 1

Awards

@The Meh So glad to have you in this close-knit family, friendo! It's been a very, very long time. Growing up on Zombies in a community that shares love for it is so strong, especially in a time where the internet is bustling more like ever and the world of close communication has seemingly died off...we still hold a torch to keep the fires warm.

Cheers to more years and great fun, my good comrade!

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2018 at 9:34 AM, anonymous said:

This is.... Honestly I don't know what I can say to this. I am not that good in discribing my feelings as you do right here. But I actually feel kinda the same about this community as you: It's just the people here... Uhm, everybody just seems to kind and open hearted and caring to each other. It's so odd to keep in mind that we all came here because we were fund on slaughtering walking corpses. 

I've never personally felt that I have had a particular skill in my wordage, when it comes down to how I feel. Ironic that I say that in a post like this, but it's never been easy, really. I don't really think anyone is good at it, either. We speak more than we feel, and we feel more than we speak, in a way. But I agree with you, whole-heartedly. This place is amazing. When I came here after what I experienced with PTG, I had believed that I wouldn't find such a place again. Knowing that I could... you can't imagine how great I felt the first few days.

I feel that this what we have is pretty unique on the internet. Or even in real life maybe. CoDZ is a place like a pub where everyone knows each other, loves each other and where you go to to relax, forget everything else and talk and discuss with your friends. And yet do all these friends wear a mask so you can't see how they look like, but that doesn't matter because all what matters is the soul within (ouch, deep stuff). 

CoDz is the Cheers remake we've all been waiting for! 😄

All jokes aside... there is such a level for community here. I always thought that, in a grander scheme, the community was somewhat in schism, and maybe it is, with all the different sub-sets and communities. But... having realized, through all my time, that maybe there is no schism, that we are this grand community... yeah. It's humbling. All communities are different, and we are perhaps a grander cog in a machine that churns onward in the infinite. There's a lot of great things to see here, lots of people willing to discuss things... there's no doubt how great this community is.

I wish I could talk it down sometimes, I really do. Sorry, CoDz, guess you're too good for me. XD

About you, Meh, you're beloved here. Four years is quite some time, and I know you even already had Zombies experience before (PTG might have helped in that). Speaking of which, I'm always curious to PTG. How was that forum? Comparable to this one, or very different? 

PTG, prior to Black Ops II and the subsequent world's first on MOTD, was... quaint. Actually ever so slightly decent, and had an amazing side window for a chat that I liked that it had kept as long as it did. I think, though, the problem that tore it down was the fact that there weren't enough good people to rein in the problems. Benn and others dished out mod/admin promotions to the wrong people, and anarchy sadly was taking its place. PTG, after BOII, was failing. So they scrapped it. And remade it. Ironically this forum and the PTG forum look very similar, and I attribute that to it being the same system and what-not.

But yeah. There were good people, but they didn't really carry on in the same way. In the fallout, they mostly dispersed. That was that. All and all, you could say I've had 6 or 7 years of time with forums, and perhaps having had PTG as a starter did lend to what I was going to do, come CoDz. But I digress. PTG was, and is, a shitshow. Good, reliable people, make running a forum worthwhile. That's why I think CoDz still works... because everyone cares... and I can never be more thankful that they do.

As Lenne said, you are really one of the most genuine and funny persons here. I love your character. You said CoDZ made you how you are but that's not true. Your character has laid always within you, CoDZ might merely be some kind of key to unleash it. It is you who is so fantastic, always has been.

sad adventure time GIF