Neros ring, Green smoke.

Castun50

Anyone remember that video we got with sam in the house and were watching that green mist go around the house and you see all these figurines of zombies and little references? Kinda reminded me of that when I saw the beginning of the trailer.

Also why is nobody talking about what is his name...dominik? Having neros ring on his finger? OR a ring of the same cult? thoughts?

OH! and shaw the old man looks alot like an older richtofen same garb style too. Its uncanny. I know it seems im stretching for old crew references but I cannot deny the resemblance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

The similarities to SOE are glaring. It’s interesting to me that’s Shaw appears to be dressed like Richtofen but looks uncannily like a frailer, older Shadow Man. Interesting, especially considering how TSM is a shape shifter, so there’s nothing to say he actually looks the way he appears in human form. 

On 5/31/2018 at 4:40 PM, NaBrZHunter said:

The similarities to SOE are glaring. It’s interesting to me that’s Shaw appears to be dressed like Richtofen but looks uncannily like a frailer, older Shadow Man. Interesting, especially considering how TSM is a shape shifter, so there’s nothing to say he actually looks the way he appears in human form. 

Never noticed before but ya he does like a bit like shadow man. Thats crazy. Its going to be an interesting season with these new people.

• 3 months later...

I'd love to see cheeky tie-ins to the old story, I really would. But, as fate would have it, Blundell's went on record saying - adamantly so - how the Chaos Storyline is a completely separate story to the Aether Storyline. Which, I mean, all things considered, that's fine! We need something different. But, if they do call back to any of it, can't say I'd mind.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, The Meh said:

I'd love to see cheeky tie-ins to the old story, I really would. But, as fate would have it, Blundell's went on record saying - adamantly so - how the Chaos Storyline is a completely separate story to the Aether Storyline. Which, I mean, all things considered, that's fine! We need something different. But, if they do call back to any of it, can't say I'd mind.

I wouldn't want that. No tie ins, no references and no Easter Eggs from one to the other. We'll get at least two maps with the old story which is more than enough at this point. The original crew had six maps and the origins crew had six as well. Now with BO IIII they both get a seventh map. (Correct me if I am missing something.) Point is I want to see JB make his own story. And to be honest the origins crew was the weakest crew if you ask me. 

Then again it all comes down to personal preference, as in what someone is looking for to get out of the game/maps/characters, but for me personally I have to say: I didn't ever like the Origins Crew.

7 hours ago, Lenne said:

I wouldn't want that. No tie ins, no references and no Easter Eggs from one to the other. We'll get at least two maps with the old story which is more than enough at this point. The original crew had six maps and the origins crew had six as well. Now with BO IIII they both get a seventh map. (Correct me if I am missing something.) Point is I want to see JB make his own story. And to be honest the origins crew was the weakest crew if you ask me. 

Then again it all comes down to personal preference, as in what someone is looking for to get out of the game/maps/characters, but for me personally I have to say: I didn't ever like the Origins Crew.

I think that's what Blundell wants to do, what with the Chaos Storyline. He wants the Aether Story to be said and done. I trust Blundell enough to deliver on the Chaos Storyline, given the writing of Black Ops III (character-wise, I liked it). So... I dunno. It's cautious optimism on that end. Whether or not any connections exist, it's kind of a matter of indifference to me to that end. I'd, at the very least, say "oh cool".

...also... what about the Primis Crew didn't you like? I thought they were written well for Black Ops III (and am intrigued to see their integration on the side of the Aether Storyline). They did alright.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, The Meh said:

...also... what about the Primis Crew didn't you like?

Pretty simple really: I could ignore the fact of me having no interest in the Story post Moon, if the primis crew were somewhat funny. I get them trying a more serious tone with the primis crew, but I am a guy who mainly plays the game, you know? I like playing for 3/4 hours a day and especially when playing solo the guy I am playing as is the only voice coming out of my TV. So I'd prefer them being entertaining/funny.

Of course the crew isn't the only reason, why I dislike Blundell's version of the old story. The insane amount of retconning also get's on my nerves and I assume/hope also on Blundell's that is why he makes a new story in wich he can write the characters he wants and isn't backed into the corner of the Ultimis/primis crew.

I just don't like them cause they don't make me giggle. ':P

I also don't really see the "character development" tons of other folks do. I remember back when ZNS got it's intro released a lot of people in the comment section were like: Oh did you notice how all of them grapped the summoning key as a team... they must be best friends now.

Or when Tank had to kill his ultimis counter part there were a good amount of memes basically saying what a sad moment that was... and I am like. lolwut?

To be fair though it is hard to tell a proper good story with 5 cutscenes, a couple of radios per map and ciphers, but that is the thing back in the day the story was like reading a book (in some regards) folks had to picture it in their head and now a lot of it is just fed to us.

I dunno maybe I am just a bit bitter or so, but I hope I got my point across.

7 hours ago, Lenne said:

Pretty simple really: I could ignore the fact of me having no interest in the Story post Moon, if the primis crew were somewhat funny. I get them trying a more serious tone with the primis crew, but I am a guy who mainly plays the game, you know? I like playing for 3/4 hours a day and especially when playing solo the guy I am playing as is the only voice coming out of my TV. So I'd prefer them being entertaining/funny.

That's perfectly fine, I mean... Ultimis is still a great group, with great lines. I just think people were getting sick of the stereotypes they embodied. Hell, I know I was accepting of a new shift, and I think Primis did a really good job of that. They still had comedic lines (Nikolai in Revelations? He's a fuckin' savage guy...), just sprinkled around an air of seriousness. Which, yeah, take that however you wish, but I think that they were given more personality than the old crew.

...I almost don't mind that they made Richtofen a more complex, somewhat altruistic character.

7 hours ago, Lenne said:

The insane amount of retconning also get's on my nerves and I assume/hope also on Blundell's that is why he makes a new story in wich he can write the characters he wants and isn't backed into the corner of the Ultimis/primis crew.

I'm not gonna lie, Black Ops III got on my nerves in the same way. It changed pretty much everything that we knew about the story, whether we liked it or not. I do like that they at least tried to make it make better sense with the Zombies Timeline (which... was a very cool gift to the community), but... yeah. It created issues. I'm not gonna argue that.

...like, can we talk about the fact that Nikolai found himself a mech like that in WWII? I get that it's a completely different take on it, fractures and all, but it contextually makes no sense. They have Giant robots, yeah, they have Sophia, yeah, but they never talked about a creation of these mechs... so they legit came outta nowhere. It's only there for the Nikolai boss fight.

...yeah, there's some issues with the way they did it.

7 hours ago, Lenne said:

I also don't really see the "character development" tons of other folks do. I remember back when ZNS got it's intro released a lot of people in the comment section were like: Oh did you notice how all of them grapped the summoning key as a team... they must be best friends now.

Or when Tank had to kill his ultimis counter part there were a good amount of memes basically saying what a sad moment that was... and I am like. lolwut?

To be fair though it is hard to tell a proper good story with 5 cutscenes, a couple of radios per map and ciphers, but that is the thing back in the day the story was like reading a book (in some regards) folks had to picture it in their head and now a lot of it is just fed to us.

I dunno maybe I am just a bit bitter or so, but I hope I got my point across.

It did kind of irk me in some areas when these things happened, cutscene-wise. I mean... The Giant just sort of happened that way, for shock value more than anything else. Der Eisendrache, as great as that cutscene is, came more out of left field than anything else. Character-wise, I dunno... I mean, you could say that Dempsey was given retrospective on events, and an understanding (in a way) of what Richtofen's trying to do... and yeah, it was kind of sad. I mean, would you just kill yourself if you had to?

I think ZNS did do some of the storytelling in regards a bit better than it could have. At least, they definitely built that cutscene all around Takeo at the end. It's probably one of the better cutscenes in the game, for how interpersonal it was.

But yeah, I dunno. It's not perfect storytelling, not by a longshot. But Blundell did what he could, and I think that there's some good development for them.

Archived