Still Not Convinced that the Old Story is Over Yet

Maybe I am just in total denial, but I have serious doubts that this is an entirely new story line separate from the old multiverse entirely. The main reason I say this is because of this quote from the reveal, "a Brand New Storyline. Separate and distinct from the Aether story line" which to me means that it will still be connected in the fact that this takes place in a different corner of the multiverse and will explain the Apothicons more from a cult that worships them rather than through a species that absolutely hates them, but will likely not touch down upon 115 or Apothicons by name as this is a religious cult. 

There is not only the quote from the reveal, but during Black Ops 3's season he constantly talked about setting up "brackets" in the story that would be WaW to Black Ops 3 as everything would be connected and clear and allow the story to progress from there. To me, there is no better way to utilize these brackets than starting in a new corner of the multiverse and basically starting anew but with certain minor connections and possibilities, and then the ending of either Black Ops 4 or 5 could have Dr. Monty or someone from the old story appearing and confirming that there is a connection and that everything is still connected. 

I honestly cannot help but feel that this is not only something that Blundell would do, but that Treyarch would not just let the story die after 10 years like this, not with all of the loose ends and setups that exist in the old story (that I highly doubt that Blood of the Dead will be able to fix). To me this allows for the story to progress in a way that will not completely overwhelm fans like Black Ops 3 did. I don't know, maybe I'm just in denial...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

So you rather want JB to keep retconning the crap out of the story until everyone is happy with the end?

That is impossible, but I get why you and other folk would like definitive closure, I just don't see it ever happening. : /

But with the recent rumours of zombies DLC being the only traditional DLC, I can see us getting two maps per drop, one with the new story and one with the old

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 10:37 AM, CerealBro1 said:

Maybe I am just in total denial, but I have serious doubts that this is an entirely new story line separate from the old multiverse entirely. The main reason I say this is because of this quote from the reveal, "a Brand New Storyline. Separate and distinct from the Aether story line" which to me means that it will still be connected in the fact that this takes place in a different corner of the multiverse and will explain the Apothicons more from a cult that worships them rather than through a species that absolutely hates them, but will likely not touch down upon 115 or Apothicons by name as this is a religious cult. 

There is not only the quote from the reveal, but during Black Ops 3's season he constantly talked about setting up "brackets" in the story that would be WaW to Black Ops 3 as everything would be connected and clear and allow the story to progress from there. To me, there is no better way to utilize these brackets than starting in a new corner of the multiverse and basically starting anew but with certain minor connections and possibilities, and then the ending of either Black Ops 4 or 5 could have Dr. Monty or someone from the old story appearing and confirming that there is a connection and that everything is still connected. 

I honestly cannot help but feel that this is not only something that Blundell would do, but that Treyarch would not just let the story die after 10 years like this, not with all of the loose ends and setups that exist in the old story (that I highly doubt that Blood of the Dead will be able to fix). To me this allows for the story to progress in a way that will not completely overwhelm fans like Black Ops 3 did. I don't know, maybe I'm just in denial...

I am with you on this. According to some people from the reveal that talked to blundell himself. the menu will be split old story aether and new storyline. Makes you wonder if we are getting multiple zombie maps per dlc. Not to mentioned look at the nero ring and shaw model vs origins richtofen models. look familiar?

Archived