Voyage of Despair

Lenne

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Finally my friends! My exams are over! I think most of you don't care about it but for me it feels great just to have vacation till September. And this also means more time on CoDZ. Man, how much new topics have passed and interesting questions have been raised the last few weeks (special eye wink to you, @Mattzs) on which I have never replied. At the moment it is all just too much so I don't feel like replying on all them because I know my comments will be rushed and with bad quality. 

Anyway, concerning this map I wanted to say something. I have found conspiracy theories about the Titanic being sunk because of a curse. The ship transported an ancient Egyptian mummy among with old artifacts, and by some it is believed that this 'unlucky' mummy was cursed and that's why the ship sunk. It would fit neat with the artifacts seen in the trailer, which seem to look Egyptian in some way. Also, the Romans in the IX trailer also have these very artifacts. In the year 9, if the map takes place then, Aegyptus (Egypt) was a Roman province...

Perhaps zombification and apocalypse in this new zombie story are caused by ancient Egyptian cursed artifacts. A totally different theme than the sci-fi/mythology theme we just came from. I'm curious where this will brings us

18 hours ago, anonymous said:

Finally my friends! My exams are over! I think most of you don't care about it but for me it feels great just to have vacation till September. And this also means more time on CoDZ. Man, how much new topics have passed and interesting questions have been raised the last few weeks (special eye wink to you, @Mattzs) on which I have never replied. At the moment it is all just too much so I don't feel like replying on all them because I know my comments will be rushed and with bad quality. 

Anyway, concerning this map I wanted to say something. I have found conspiracy theories about the Titanic being sunk because of a curse. The ship transported an ancient Egyptian mummy among with old artifacts, and by some it is believed that this 'unlucky' mummy was cursed and that's why the ship sunk. It would fit neat with the artifacts seen in the trailer, which seem to look Egyptian in some way. Also, the Romans in the IX trailer also have these very artifacts. In the year 9, if the map takes place then, Aegyptus (Egypt) was a Roman province...

Perhaps zombification and apocalypse in this new zombie story are caused by ancient Egyptian cursed artifacts. A totally different theme than the sci-fi/mythology theme we just came from. I'm curious where this will brings us

I understand that any future replies may take a bit. The feeling when you are done with exams is so refreshing.  It is best to just relax after all that work.

Anyway, your comment about Egyptian curses has me wondering. I am curious if any of the Titanic’s notable passengers were also connected to Egyptology. It would fit the era. The conspiracy theory you mentioned is really fascinating! A quick google search found some information about the Unlucky Mummy being the cause. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlucky_Mummy

I was trying to figure out how these two maps would tie together. I thought it would be through general themes (e.g. important historical events/place). But this connection is concrete. Good find!

Gettig back to @Lenne's  question, I think there is an important bit of lore in the cinematic. Shaw mentions Scarlet’s father “made some enemies during his travels” when the cultist appears on the screen. I am guessing that must make her father an archaeologist, explorer, or treasure hunter.  I  imagine he will play an important role in the story. Maybe we are trying to find him?

One last thing, Shaw’s facial scarring is interesting. You can see the scars at 1:22 in the trailer. It looks very necrotic. Is he infected or partially infected? 

On 5/27/2018 at 7:02 AM, anonymous said:

my favorite theory is that the ice berg didnt sink the ship, a fire broke out in the holds and caused a massive tare in the steel. Had to have been burning for 3 weeks before anyone realized it. few videos of it on youtube too.

Archived