Why did the Origins crew on call of the dead get transported into a closet

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're referring to Black Ops 1 and all, correct?

The Origins Crew specifically (also called Primis) never were at Call of the Dead. Back in Black Ops 1, they didn't actually exist as characters. What the Origins crew is, is just another version of the Original Crew (also called Ultimis in the Zombies Timeline) from a different dimension (Dimension 63, according to the Timeline).

The crew in the map is just the Original Crew, Ultimis.

Hope that helps. If there's something else you're talking about that I missed, do tell.

• Moderators

If you’re asking why specifically they were trapped there, it wasn’t exactly a closet. Call of the Dead (the map area itself) was a Group 935 facility, and that door was likely the entrance inside. After Ascension, Richtofen has Gersch send him there to find the Vril Device. However, they end up in the 2011 version, where it was long abandoned and locked down by a security system. So the system designed to keep people out trapped them inside when they arrived.

• 4 weeks later...

To alleviate a bit of confusion over the matter:

(from the timeline)

MARCH 17th, 2011 - CALL OF THE DEAD

After entering the rift, Ultimis arrives at the Siberian Facility in 2011, where they find themselves trapped in a closet while George A. Romero films his latest project at the location. Samantha, in her pursuit of Ultimis, unleashes an undead outbreak. The film's stars fight the undead horde, ultimately recovering the Vril Device for Richtofen. Ultimis teleports back to Shangri-La in an effort to acquire the next artifact required to defeat Samantha: The Focusing Stone.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Dr Edward Richtofen v2 said:

I have a choice xbox one or PS4 and i am so stuck on what to choose

Depends what you're looking for. PS4 I will admit has a lot of great games coming out that xbox is lacking in, but I think Xbox has the advantage in that you can play many games backwards compatible with no added gimmick or cost. It's the only console you can play all of Zombies on (not speaking of PC). Another disadvantage of Xbox is the DLC deal where PS4 is getting DLC first. But as someone more interested in the story it doesn't bother me too much.

On 4/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, Dr Edward Richtofen v2 said:

I think it's better to stick with Xbox One. If you're allured to the exclusives of PS4, though, I don't blame you. I couldn't tell you how long I've wanted to play all the God of War games. But I've had an Xbox for the longest time now, and I personally feel like I'd be cheapened not to be loyal... well, unless I just got another console down the line.

At the end of the day, it's your choice on the matter, however.

• Moderators
On 4/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, Dr Edward Richtofen v2 said:

I'd say you should at least wait until you know for sure who get's the DLC first. I guess it will either be revealed at the BOIIII event or E3.

But maybe all of us can be in luck and everyone get's the DLC at the same time... one can dream, right?

Edit: Let's not get too far off topic though, so if you have any more question towards your potential console purchases, either create a new topic, or take it to private messages.

Archived