Sign in to follow this  
The Meh

About Donating.

I've been a member here for shy of nearly 4 years. I've wanted to donate for a while now, honestly. Why not give back to the place that respects my ideas better than any other, right?

(or, something like that)

Anyways... the problem with that is that I don't have a Paypal. It would seem that Paypal is the only choice, as well. I don't wish to debate or delve into the why of this or anything, I just wonder if there's an issue with this that would arise. I have a means of payment I'd love to use, given my uncertainty about getting a Paypal account.

So... I guess my question is, what's up with payment options, and how do I donate without the use of a Paypal?

(Just gonna mention @InfestLithium and @Lenne for clarification. Dunno if I just trust you guys a lot or something, but you guys always are good at giving me answers... so... yeah.)

What source of payment are you looking at? Our server supplier only accepts card payments or PayPal, which is the same with most places hence keeping everything with PayPal. I can certainly look at others, we the donation system does support this from other gateways such as Skrill, Payza, Payment Wall.

On 2/12/2018 at 12:24 PM, Hells Warrrior said:

What source of payment are you looking at? Our server supplier only accepts card payments or PayPal, which is the same with most places hence keeping everything with PayPal. I can certainly look at others, we the donation system does support this from other gateways such as Skrill, Payza, Payment Wall.

More likely than not, I'd put it through my checking account. Something like that. It'd basically be going through my debit card, at that.

(Do tell me if that's too vague, I can PM you over this if needed.)

You don't need to have a paypal account to make a donation, you can use your debit card details to do this without registering or signing into a PayPal account. To make a merchant account with a card provider such as WorldPay is to expensive and not worth our while.

The gateway option doesn't quite show me that it's going through debit... which is why I'm confused in the first place.

If it's on the actual payment screen, I suppose that would make sense. It's just the matter that I don't see other options in payment gateway past Paypal.

Carrier pigeon might work. :tounge_wink:

Debit card option should work just fine, once you're setting up for the donation. It should ask your preferred choice of payment and the "Add Card" option should be available.

(Also, thank you for being interested in donating to CoDz! <3)

On 2/17/2018 at 6:19 PM, InfestLithium said:

Debit card option should work just fine, once you're setting up for the donation. It should ask your preferred choice of payment and the "Add Card" option should be available.

Yeah, I don't see that selection.

Might just be me being blind, but I swear I've looked for this.

Btw, @Lenne, do you know you have donated exactly 115 dollars so far?:b0207:

Awards

54 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Btw, @Lenne, do you know you have donated exactly 115 dollars so far?:b0207:

Never donating again. :P 

On 2/17/2018 at 6:19 PM, InfestLithium said:

@InfestLithium If you could walk me through where the selection is, that would be plenty helpful.

On 20-2-2018 at 3:38 PM, Lenne said:

Never donating again. :P 

Go for the 935

Awards

15 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Go for the 935

Good idea. haha Though I would have to save up 820 $, cause ruining the 115 for something else than 935 is not an option.