Sign in to follow this  
The Meh

What's up with User of the Month?

Yeah... I know. Every time I think about asking this, I do.

But, I just imagined that we'd be trying to do something with it again, with the influx (albeit small) of members we have here now.

(Also still wish I had it for myself once, but that's just my petty side talking.)

If you guys have anything regarding it going on, do tell me.

23 minutes ago, The Meh said:

Yeah... I know. Every time I think about asking this, I do.

Touche :P

Well as you can tell times have been slow and that is why we haven't done it in a good while.

Now I personally think UotM could make a comeback when CoD 2018 "Hype" is in full speed, but I also noticed in the last couple of threads the nomination and voting turn out hasn't been that high, which makes me think, when it comes back it should be down to the staff to decide who gets the honor. (That is just my personal opinion though.)

I'm with that, however, I'm also thinking that I can automate it to the highest contributor. That doesn't always work and I appreciate that but with the voting system is just gets a bit too much for manual intervention. I may enable automated voting, highest votes gets the award but that would probably still need some manual input.

My Views are similar to Lenne but also think just automate it, it's simpler and takes the hassle away.

ALSO also (also) we could just make it bimonthly maybe?  Until traffic picks up? UotM(s).

Just a thought.

I'm happy to help work this out as well, in terms of sharing judging responsibilities or whatever.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 11:47 AM, Lenne said:

when it comes back it should be down to the staff to decide who gets the honor.

Initially, my problem with that is that it kind of takes away the autonomy. UotM was always more of a "community event", a special occasion each month. As good an idea as it sounds, I fear for what it would become with only staff decision.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:42 AM, GRILL said:

we could just make it bimonthly maybe?  Until traffic picks up? UotM(s).

Bimonthly would be interesting to see, frankly.

On 12-2-2018 at 6:27 PM, Hells Warrrior said:

My Views are similar to Lenne but also think just automate it, it's simpler and takes the hassle away

The nice thing about UotM is in my opinion all the compliments that are given personally to each other. Automate it just makes it different. I like the way everyone just votes and says why he/she voted for that One.

Awards

6 minutes ago, The Meh said:

Initially, my problem with that is that it kind of takes away the autonomy. UotM was always more of a "community event", a special occasion each month. As good an idea as it sounds, I fear for what it would become with only staff decision.

But what when only like 4 people vote?

I suggest we start it up again around the time CoD 2018 get's teased and will do it like the old way, which I like more as well, but if it turns out to be "quiet" we can try other things.

I love the interaction there used to be in the UotM threads, but with the recent ones, it wasn't the same, but maybe I am just old and grumpy.

9 minutes ago, Lenne said:

I love the interaction there used to be in the UotM threads, but with the recent ones, it wasn't the same, but maybe I am just old and grumpy.

I mean, whatever ends up working. I just worry for the whole sanctity of it.

Sounds strange, I know. I get it's not the same as it used to be, either. Still, though.

I do miss it.. I remember becoming UoTM along time ago and the struggle and time I put into get it lol.

9 minutes ago, wesleykg00 said:

Where do we vote?

When it returns, there will be a topic in site news. There you can nominate one or more people and then when the nominations are in, there will be a poll in which you can vote for your guy or girl.

This is the most recent one: