All The Final Reich audio logs

anonymous

• Moderators

It is @Lizizadolphin who wrote this all down. It is me who merely copy/paste them and made this thread. There is quite a story in those. Here you go:

Dark_Reunion_achievement_image_WWII.png

Doctor Klaus Fischer:

"Marie, if you are listening to this then you have received my letters. I pray to God that you are ok-and that you come armed with the might of the Allied forces.” -Audio 1

“I have so much to tell you. So much to say… but most importantly… I… I was wrong. So very wrong. About the Reich, about you, about everything.” -Audio 2

“After I came home and took over our father’s shop, I was angry. Furious. Having to leave my studies at Heidelberg to care for him had been bad enough. But my mentor, my idol, Professor Lenard-the man responsible for the Deutsche Physik! He chose to retire in my absence. My dream of playing a role in the German scientific renaissance-it was dead. I lost hope.” -Audio 3

“It was a dark time. I know that our fights had turned… ugly. We both said things that we didn’t mean. I was convinced that the Nazi party held the brightest future of our people… and you only saw the darkness. You saw more clearly than I did.” -Audio 4

“I don’t blame you for leaving. I don’t blame you for your silence. You had told me of your plans to defect, of your connections at Cambridge and plans to join the British Secret Service. You have always been clear in your goals. But mine had been shattered. I say this so that you will understand.” -Audio 5

“Marie, I wept when they found it. When the workers came in from the mine, talking about what they had discovered… this artifact of legend. This was why I was here, this was my purpose. To bring the conqueror’s mighty sword to our Fuhrer! My life had meaning again.” -Audio 6

“It was I who sent a message to the Nazis. My contact at the University put me in touch with Richard Darre’-from there, it was only a matter of days before the Ahnenerbe rolled in with a full battalion of troops. I took Dr. Straub down to the chapel myself, showed him the hilt to the Barbarossa’s sword. It was like touching a flame to gunpowder.” -Audio 7

“Straub put Mittelberg on lock down, knowing our little village was the perfect cover. The townspeople were allowed to go about their lives, but they could not leave. Their mail was read, filtered, burnt or rewritten. Those who asked questions were shot. This… this is when I began to doubt my loyalties.” -Audio 8

“The salt mines were converted into a laboratory. The sword piece-this hilt-would not budge from its resting place. The head of the troops, Gruppenfuhrer Heinz Richter, would swear up and down the tunnels about this. It was all Doktor Straub could do to keep him from dynamiting the chapel into rubble. Those two… they were a bad combination.” -Audio 9

“I presented myself to Dr. Straub with all of the zeal and ambition I could muster. I knew that he would see how destiny had placed me at the right place, the right time. I presented him with my papers, some of the research I’d done with Lenard. He… he looked down his nose at my. Said my work was amateur. Poorly documented. But in the end, because I knew the area, he said I might be useful. And like a desperate fool, I was grateful for this. I thanked him.” -Audio 10

“He knew of our father, Marie. He had heard of how father’s weapon designs had helped the Kaiserliche Marine. But he laughed… laughed that the brilliant Heinz Fischer had chosen to make toys as penitence-to bring joy where before his invention had brought only death. I should have listened to father. I should have listened.” -Audio 11

“They have done horrible things here. Monstrous things. Straub is more twisted than you can imagine, so driven to bring about the Final Reich that nothing else matters to him. He will stop at nothing, Marie.” -Audio 12

“Straub was obsessed with the Hilt, with the strange physics rooting it to the mountain. Richter just wanted to make it into a weapon. From the very beginning they were at odds. This conflict brought about the ruination of everything… but also my first glimpse of hope.” -Audio 13

“You see, Straub’s focus was so all encompassing that he missed some critical information-information that was literally all around him. The chapel was more than just a resting place for this piece of the Emperor’s legendary sword. It… well, it was like father always told us, Marie-art tells a story. And in the carvings and statues surrounding the Hilt I uncovered a tale I had never expected.” -Audio 14

“There is more to this than buried treasure. I have uncovered clues to why the sword was taken apart. Why it was hidden. And why it was made so… inaccessible. There are forces at work here that have existed outside of history. Hidden forces. A secret, darker than even Herr Himmler dares imagine.” -Audio 15

“Unfortunately, Straub came across a few of my notes on these… possibilities. He flew into a rage, and would only be mollified when I quoted his own words back to him: my work had been amateur, poorly documented. I was looking for more evidence. He went cold and left. It wasn’t long after this that he started bringing stolen art into the bunker. You see, he had taken the root of my idea and run with it.” -Audio 16

“If Straub had chosen to work with me on this, I could have elaborated on why this art may contain the clues we need to unlock the Hilt. But no, Straub sees information as a weapon. He does not entrust it to anybody but himself. This is his greatest weakness.” -Audio 17

“Marie, I cannot put this more succinctly: there are others… other forces aware of the Sword. Of its powers. And they are actively working to keep it out of our hands.” -Audio 18

“A secret organization, a cabal dedicated to keeping this hidden. Soldiers, artists, engineers-I don’t know how deep this goes. But Straub is now aware of this. You need to be aware as well.” -Audio 19

“First, look for paintings created by those who would be opposed to the Nazi Party. I have my suspicions that they would be the easiest to recruit into this… effort. Second, my research has led me down paths that extend far beyond Mittelberg. Beyond Germany. Marie, prepare yourself for a journey.” -Audio 20

“That… that may be all I can share with you. Straub grows more suspicious of me every day. Dear sister, I have spent my time here preparing a way for you to defeat Straub and his evil. I have sabotaged his work. I have hidden weapons and tools that will give you the power to counter the horror that grows from beneath the mountain. My hope is that somehow… you can forgive me.” -Audio 21

“I… I must go into hiding now-I’m about to release Straub’s most powerful weapon. I cannot promise that I will survive what happens next, but I pray it will open a way for you to find your way into his nightmare. And if you do, I have no doubt that you will conquer it. This is your nature. And I will always admire this. I love you, Marie. Auf Wiedersehen.” -Audio 22

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

Is this working?  This is Red Ridinghood trying to get another message to Ravencrown. Ravencrown, I have not heard from you since I shared our location with you. Shshshshsh, Gott Im Hummel! I don’t know if I can  get any more out to you. Straub grows suspicious, and is critical of my every move.  -Audio 23

Spoiler

You must know:  since our last correspondence, Straub has moved up the timetable. Our losses in the East  have brought increased pressure from Himmler to begin Operation Sea Lion in a matter of days. I have to go. Please, send in your strike force. Soon. 

-Audio 24

On 2/3/2018 at 8:04 AM, anonymous said:

@certainpersonio, @RequixEclipse, @Silv3r Energy and @oxin8: This quote in particular makes me curious. Any ideas?

I'm looking at some of the expeditions performed by both the Nazi party as a whole and Ahnenerbe. There's one in particular that interests me: the cancelled expedition to Bolivia. I have read that a man by the name of Edmund Kiss had won 10,000RM from a writing contest (~$30,000, 2015,  source) He used the money to travel to Bolivia, studying ancient temples in the Andes. He noticed similarities in the overall structure, claiming that they (1) Supported the World Ice Theory, and (2) were designed by Nordic immigrants. There was also a man named Arthur Posnansky, who was studying a nearby site called Tiwanaku, who also believed that the Tiwanaku structures followed the same theories as Edmund. The invasion of Poland halted and cancelled this expedition, but I wouldn't be surprised if SGH makes Straub look further into these places.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to thinking that after TDS, we could follow Straub to the Andes, and have a map set within the ancient ruins found there. Some of the interesting ruins I've read about are Saqsaywaman, a series of walls found near the town of Cusco, and a tomb (of sorts) called Q'enqo. Lastly, I'd like to point out the small town of Pisac and and the unknown structure of Tambo Mach'ay. All of the above can be read about here, and they all look very close quarters and stressful, exactly how SGH has been making certain areas of each map so far; almost claustrophobic. (Or should I say KLAUStrophobic? No one? okay..)

If anything, maybe we'll have a survival map like Groësten Haus set in one of these places, just for fun :P Since I play WWII on PC, I still haven gotten my hands on TDS but once I do, I'll look further into any possible leads we find there. Maybe that quote is simply referring to Heligoland, just hinting us towards TDS. Maybe there's more. We can't be sure...

...but you can be sure that I'm going to spend too much time on this!

~Alyx

• Moderators

Yes, yes, I've stumbled upon the cancelled Ahnenerbe mission to Bolivia as well. I guess I've never mentioned it due to too little to no connections with the current Barbarossa-theme the WWII Nazi Zombies story has. But imagine how awesome a map set in an ancient templecomplex with dark tight hallways in the high Andes mountains or deep Bolivian jungle would be. I would be really pleased to see that, and SGH has a lot of neat opportunities creating a map taking place in such location. 

Now I think about it, it might fit perfectly at our story so far. Following @certainpersonio's timeline we are at the very end of the European theatre of WWII: Hitler, if he hasn't already, will kill himself within a few days, possibly during DLC 2. What happened next? We got two DLC's to go after DLC 2. Latin America, so Bolivia too, was a place where a lot of Nazi fanatics fled to after Germany's capitulation. I could see Doctor Straub, among with the leftover of Ahnenerbe, fleeing to this Bolivian temple complex you mentioned. Not just to flee from the Allies, but also to finish Ahnenerbe's research. Our characters would follow them out of revenge and justice.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratlines_(World_War_II_aftermath)

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Silv3r Energy said:

@anonymous that's amazing! It would also explain the line "No, something's wrong. We're not going to England. Straub has other plans."

I think with that quote he refers to Berlin, his truly last desperate attempt to stop the Allies. After all, the fuhrer himself asked Doctor Strain for help/rescue.

@anonymous This exactly what I was thinking! I think that Straub heads back to defend Hitler, but loses and WWII ends. However, Straub escapes and continues to hunt down the final pieces of the Sword. Because of this, I don't think we'll actually get another piece of the sword in the next map. Up to this point Straub has deliberately positioned his forces and research. Now though, he's reacting to a call for help, so it would be unlikely for him to stumble upon another piece of the sword.

@Silv3r Energy Bolivia seems perfectly fine to me as a future map. I think it would be another great way to explore the world and tap into the mythology/history of new frontiers. I'm also hoping that we end up in Egypt. This is mainly because the pre-release notes from Klaus that Noah got were from a book about the history of Egypt (Das alte Wunderland de Pyramiden for those interested- 1906 edition). Plus it kind of makes sense that Dr. Straub might be trying to learn more from the "Book of the Dead" or something like that.

Archived