Unreleased Full Version of the Pack-A-Punch Jingle

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Here, there, seems like everywhere . Nasty things are happening, now everyone is scared.

Old Jeb Brown the Blacksmith, he saw his mother die.

A critter took a bite from her and now she's in the sky.

The angels came down to Old Jeb and told him what to do.

Build yourself a great machine, its punch will see it through.

When you pack-a-punch, the whole damn bunch will not last very long. And while you put yourself to work, sing a country western song.

Now Jeb didn't know much about engineering so he just put his trust in the angels and set to work. After many days and many nights. A lot of blood, sweat and tears. And a little help from the angels of course. He was ready to show his machine to the whole damn town. Friends, neighbors, ladies, gentlemen. If you're feeling under powered, I'll help you make amends Stick your weapon in the slot and let it change your luck Few things in life are guaranteed but I promise this won't suck Punch your fist into the air and raise a rebel yell There's lots of baddies out there, you need to send to hell With Pack-A-Punch, I have a hunch, your problems will be gone But if you end up on the ground, sing a country western song Pack-a-Punch, Pack-a-Punch, Pack-a-Punch, Pack-a-Punch, Pack-a-Punch, Pack-a-Punch, Pack-a-Punch , Pack-a-Punch Punch your fist into the air and raise a rebel yell There's lots of baddies out there, you need to send to hell With Pack-A-Punch, I have a hunch, your problems will be gone But if you end up on the ground, sing a country western song WAAAHOOO!

Awesome! Things I wonder: Who or what are the Angels? Has Jeb Brown anything to do with Buried (the tombstones, the mansion)? Is the name "Brown" heard more often in the zombie games (on books, posters, code, etc)?

• Moderators

Wow and I thought Richtofen's line about a blacksmith in the old west was a throwaway line, I had no idea it was a reference to this full song, so it must be canon then.

20 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Awesome! Things I wonder: Who or what are the Angels? Has Jeb Brown anything to do with Buried (the tombstones, the mansion)? Is the name "Brown" heard more often in the zombie games (on books, posters, code, etc)?

I think the angels may be important here. Think about how Monty is said to have "offered a nudge" in the creation of Perk-a-Colas. He may very well have done the same here, giving this Blacksmith the motivation to create Pack-a-Punch.

From my searching on the Call of Duty wiki I haven't found anyone named Brown. I may have to check out the tombstones and see if he is anywhere there.

Also I'm curious what kind of critter took a bite from his mother. Probably just a rat with rabies but it would be something we're more familiar with.

• Moderators

The Angels?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperborea?

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Keeper?

What is a critter? I used Google translate and is "little beast/small animal" a good translation?

It's a interesting story. In the right top of the Buried loading  screen a blueprint can be seen. Could that be the Pack-a-Punch blueprint? And notice all Perk-a-Colas are Western-themed. The Double Tap song even includes the word "cowboy". Could this have some connection with Jeb Brown? And why did his mother's death led to the appearance of the "Angels"? The town that is talked about...could that be the Buried town.

It seems that this place was a ghost town long before the tectonic shift. - Marlton

The Western Town wasn't abandoned because it was teleported away. Something happened prior that caused the inhabitants to abandon the town. IF the Buried town was Jeb Brown's, the Angels could be the explanation for the magic stuff going on there. The people from town possibly hang Brown for being an odd and witch-like figure, while he actually was a scientist with a few "powerful friends". His wife cursed the inhabitants and became the witch. 

I'm just rambling

1 hour ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

I must be thinking of something different then! My bad, could have sworn I've heard this full version before.

It's cool. this file would never have been heard by anyone if I hadn't posted it. Probably shouldn't have posted it but I don't really care anymore since I no longer work there. :smirk:

• Moderators
7 hours ago, anonymous said:

The Angels?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperborea?

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Keeper?

What is a critter? I used Google translate and is "little beast/small animal" a good translation?

It's a interesting story. In the right top of the Buried loading  screen a blueprint can be seen. Could that be the Pack-a-Punch blueprint? And notice all Perk-a-Colas are Western-themed. The Double Tap song even includes the word "cowboy". Could this have some connection with Jeb Brown? And why did his mother's death led to the appearance of the "Angels"? The town that is talked about...could that be the Buried town.

The Western Town wasn't abandoned because it was teleported away. Something happened prior that caused the inhabitants to abandon the town. IF the Buried town was Jeb Brown's, the Angels could be the explanation for the magic stuff going on there. The people from town possibly hang Brown for being an odd and witch-like figure, while he actually was a scientist with a few "powerful friends". His wife cursed the inhabitants and became the witch. 

I'm just rambling

Critter is just a Southern US term for a small animal, usually one you don't want around like a rat or a badger. It can also be used for larger animals that are not wanted. It also might be used sarcastically to refer to something big, like say, a zombie.

I looked through the tombstones on Buried and did not find his name anywhere. There was one sentenced to death by hanging with a first name starting with B and last starting with H, but it was very blurry. However I do think that the house is his. The running theory is that it was Faraday's house, however bear in mind the possibility that this is Jeb's house. The man is a blacksmith with some seriously out-there scientific knowledge to be able to come up with Pack-a-Punch. He may very well be an admirer of Faraday and that is why he kept portraits of him in the house. Other possible inventions of his may be the Paralyzer, the Time Bomb, and the wall chalk. Weird how this is the only map to have the chalk be moveable, like it means a lot to the context of the map. And where are a majority of the moveable chalk drawings located? The Gunsmiths, where Jeb may have worked.

If the house is his it would make sense why the Pack-a-Punch is hidden away very far under the gazebo, to keep it safe.

As for the lady that haunts the house? It's possible that it's his unnamed wife, his mother who was killed by a critter, or one of the "angels". Personally I think it is his mother. Her white skin leads me to believe she died of some sickly disease from a bite, and it would make sense if Jeb cared about her so much he would try and resurrect her somehow.

These are all just thoughts, but personally I think this song re-contextualizes a lot of what we know, so I am glad this was found.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, carbonfibah said:

It's cool. this file would never have been heard by anyone if I hadn't posted it. Probably shouldn't have posted it but I don't really care anymore since I no longer work there. :smirk:

Have you worked at Treyarch?

15 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Weird how this is the only map to have the chalk be moveable, like it means a lot to the context of the map. And where are a majority of the moveable chalk drawings located? The Gunsmiths, where Jeb may have worked.

Nice thought! I'm also curious why there is an imagine of a (broken) Raygun on the PaP, and why Buried presents Raygun Mark II. Has it something to do with Jeb as well? Is he the real inventor of the Raygun, and are the Raygun blueprints, found in Shi No Nina, actually his blueprints, found by Group 935.

"This House holds many secrets" - the Lady of the House

If it would be truly Jeb who has lived in Buried, and if he truly is the inventor of, besides the PaP, the Paralyzer, Timebomb, (movable) Wallchalks, Raygun and possibly Perk-a-Colas, this one part of the PaP song brings us an great amount of new theories. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, anonymous said:

Nice thought! I'm also curious why there is an imagine of a (broken) Raygun on the PaP, and why Buried presents Raygun Mark II. Has it something to do with Jeb as well? Is he the real inventor of the Raygun, and are the Raygun blueprints, found in Shi No Nina, actually his blueprints, found by Group 935.

If it would be truly Jeb who has lived in Buried, and if he truly is the inventor of, besides the PaP, the Paralyzer, Timebomb, (movable) Wallchalks, Raygun and possibly Perk-a-Colas, this one part of the PaP song brings us an great amount of new theories. 

The Ray Guns on the machine are a kind of joke showing what the machine does. The one on the left is "flaccid" and broken while on the right it looks brand new and more powerful. So like a before and after picture.

Pack-a-Punch_Machine_Kino_Der_Toten_BO.p

As for the machine design itself I get the feeling it was not entirely the creation of Jeb. The lettering on the top with multiple colors and various shapes is very similar to logo designs from the 50s or 60s. For example:

vintage_drive_in_color_detailed-e1428171

712d4f7f3311ef0aa13eb6b9dab9d754.jpg

So perhaps the little "nudge" that Monty offered included the machine design, or the design came about later after Jeb's plans were discovered and through temporal displacement the original machine was replaced with the new design.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

As for the machine design itself I get the feeling it was not entirely the creation of Jeb. The lettering on the top with multiple colors and various shapes is very similar to logo designs from the 50s or 60s.

Yeah, I agree it looks a bit Cold War/TranZit/Nuketown-themed. Odd actually, since we see the machine already in Der Riese Waffenfabrik, 1945. The fancy and happy machine, together with the Country music, is an odd element in the grey, concrete and abandoned Nazi Weaponfactory. Surely Group 935 would not have make this look like this....so indeed, perhaps Monty's work?

• Moderators

Today I wandered through the tunnels of Buried once more. Playing the map with the idea in your head that a great inventor, having a great role in the story, possibly lived here, gives me an odd and nice feeling, really. Anyway, I discovered a few exemplars of the book Frankenstein in the power room. Frankenstein was written in 1818, but came to the market around 1830. Faraday was born in the 18th century, yet his electrophysiology carrier started in 1820-1830. So that kinda fits with Frankenstein. 

Are there so many Frankenstein books found in Buried for a reason....? And who are the people on the paintings in the gunsmith, Jeb's gunsmith?

Archived