Jump to content
anonymous

Weekly discussion

Recommended Posts

À la:

 

 

So the idea is to copy and paste the following questions, and answer them in your comment. Take a look at the prior linked post for examples. 

 

Who is the Witch/Mistress/Woman in Buried?

 

Why are there so many of her?

 

What is the purple steam/light coming from her?

 

Why does she try to sever (rob and kill) the player?

 

Why is she playing piano when doing a small easter easter egg?

 

Has she any connection with the Magic Well, the Wisp and the Maze?

 

@PINNAZ @GRILL @Boom115 @Shooter @MysteryMachineX lets see if I can reach some old fella's.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Can't really participate, Anon, since I barely played Buried, but these questions really haven't been soved? (Even with the time line?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3-12-2017 at 0:57 PM, Lenne said:

Can't really participate, Anon, since I barely played Buried, but these questions really haven't been soved? (Even with the time line?)

Nope, the timeline didn't say anything about the Witch. The only hints we have about the witch is the fact that there is a huge portrait of Faraday in the Mansion, the quotes of the witch and possibly some technical quotes of Maxis/Richthofen (A soul already bound to this realm, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I'm not expert on the topic but I love talking about these loose ends left out of the timeline.

 

Who is the Witch/Mistress/Woman in Buried?

 

Personally I've always been a fan of the theory she is the wife of Michael Faraday who has been theorized to be involved with Buried in some way. I like the idea that he left her in America to leave her to die alone and haunt the town forever.

 

Why are there so many of her?

Aside from gameplay, I see it as just an ability she has as a "ghost". Now, the idea of an actual "ghost" in the general sense of the word doesn't really fit zombies, and for that reason I feel like she is some sort of manifestation of the original mistress' soul that can be copied over and over without actually dying.

 

What is the purple steam/light coming from her?

Perhaps some ethereal energy leaving a trail as she is both in this dimension and not in it at the same time.

 

Why does she try to sever (rob and kill) the player?

 

The method she uses against the player is interesting, as she is mostly pre-occupied with taking points and then inevitably killing you slowly. This reminds me of the theory of what exactly points are, and that is that points are ethereal energy collected from killing zombies and releasing their "souls". So she is figuratively trying to fetch your collected souls, and when you run out she tries to take yours to feed her own power.

 

Why is she playing piano when doing a small easter easter egg?

More than likely it was a hobby of hers in mortal life and it is what she did by herself until she eventually died. Also farfetched but in Origins music is shown to have some kind of power to form connections with other dimensions, so perhaps music is what led her to where she is? Or it is how she can be within our realm? Just a thought.

Has she any connection with the Magic Well, the Wisp and the Maze?

I think it's possibly she determines the maze route each time to torment whoever is still living in the town. Other than that I don't think she is directly involved in the well or the wisp.

 

Cool idea, I'll try and be back next week for another thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RadZakpak Those are some great ideas, most of which I've never thought.

 

I know about the Sarah Faraday theory, yet somehow I do not fully believe in it. I mean, yes, who else than Faraday (or his wife) himself would hang such huge portrait of Farady in his/hers house. But in the time of Buried, Jimmy Zielinski was still in charge, basing everything on real life events. According to wikipedia, Faraday never moved to the West, and it seems odd to me that the CoDZ developers just make him live in a old Western town. Let's take a look at some of the Lady's quotes:

Quote

"I'm the lady of the house"

"This is my house"

It's almost like she always was a widow. Maybe she never had a husband, and the house is really hers, and from no one else. 

Quote

"So many souls trapped here forever"
"You will stay forever..."
"You know we are here"

These quotes fit perfectly in your "souls" theory. You say she feeds herself with others souls. From these quotes it seems like there are alot of other souls in the house as well, next to the witch's soul. All these souls will stay forever in the mansion. Might be why there are so many witches: They are actually all trapped souls, now in power of the First Real Lady. Their life force (like the Wisp is a formless bolt of life force as well) now take the form of the witch.

Quote

"This house is a shadow of its former glory"
"This house holds many secrets"

Makes me wanna play Buried again and explore the House. At one point in history, this house really had alot of power, before (one of) its inhabitant turned into a ghost.

 

But how did she turned into a ghost?

1) Love pain, anger, etc (like the ghost in Whuttering Heights: Stupid movie, dont watch).

 

2) A crazy experiment of her husband (if thats Faraday). Possibly with the goal of making her immortal, but the experiment fails and Sarah is damned and cursed by the Dark Aether.

 

The purple light might refer to the Dark Aether: She has been to/has influenced by that dimension.

 

One thing.

Quote

"Maxis calls it a Wisp. Its really just a ball of life thats imprisoned in the place for all eternity. Probably best not to dwell about what it really is. Makes you so sad"

 

Once again, awesome answers, Rad!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Good points, the Faraday thing might just be a throwaway reference, or it’s also possible either she or her husband were really into Faraday’s work. I think it would actually be really interesting if she were a scientist ostracized by her town for being a female scientist, and when she inevitably died she took her revenge on everyone. But that’s just a storyteller in me projecting, we really have no evidence foor that. I’m hoping she is brought up again sometime in the future.

 

Also on a somewhat related note, what about the Richtofen line in The Giant about Pack-a-Punch being designed by a man from the old west? Possibly the witch’s husband?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Also on a somewhat related note, what about the Richtofen line in The Giant about Pack-a-Punch being designed by a man from the old west? Possibly the witch’s husband?

Thats a good point. It is indeed known that Group 935 based their Pack-a-Punch designs on the designs of a man in the old West. There is a PaP downstairs the garden house, behind the Maze. Maybe this was his workbench area. Maybe this was the place were the first version of the PaP machine was made. There is an unknown blueprint seen at the top of the Buried loading screen, very vagauely. Could this be the PaP?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

WEEKLY DISCUSSION TOPIC #2

 

Remember this four-fingered fella?

Corpse_Hangar_18_BO.jpg

He can be found in the Black Ops MP map "Hangar 18", included in the Shangri La DLC pack. Question is, what is it? It's something not from our world for sure. Why is it in Area 51?

 

What is it?

 

Has it any connection with Griffin Station, which is also accesible from Area 51?

 

Do the Americans have found it, or is it something discovered by Group 935 (who have also ties with the American government)? And how/where is is found?

 

My own observations:

*Could it resemble the creatures in the barrels in Kino der Toten?

*The Pentagon thief has a huge cloud of numbers around him,previously believed to be Keeper symbols. IF that is true, it means that the US government had experimented with Keeper technology, possibly Vril, and aliens.

*The creature could be found in A. Space or on the Moon, B. Discovered during teleportation experiments, or C. Hollow Earth

*http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/183956-the-moon-landing/

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

What is it?

It is certainly implied to be a creature of alien origin, but there is always a possibility of it being a human in some strange test. But I am more inclined to believe it is an alien because I see no reason for any kind of misdirection.

 

Has it any connection with Griffin Station, which is also accesible from Area 51?

I don't think it was necessarily from the Moon, but I think the technology the Americans found when they arrived at Griffin Station allowed them to further research alien activity.

 

Do the Americans have found it, or is it something discovered by Group 935 (who have also ties with the American government)? And how/where is is found?

I think Broken Arrow has everything to do with this. On November 19th, 1963 Broken Arrow was created following the Pentagon outbreak to prevent future zombie outbreaks. Broken Arrow eventually gained control of Groom Lake as well as Area 51. While I cannot say for certain when the multiplayer maps are meant to take place, I do believe it is around this time as that is when the campaign for Black Ops took place. Personally I believe that the US government before the creation of Broken Arrow used 935's work to get to the Moon in secret, where they uncovered all of the technology present at Griffin Station. It's possibly that by the 1960s as the cold war took form, the Americans were on the Moon using Griffin Station as a base and attempting to communicate with extraterrestrials. How they acquired this body in particular and if there are more of them is unknown. I don't think they killed this alien but rather it crashed on earth/the Moon and the body was recovered, and recently as well since the body doesn't seem decomposed.

Aliens have always been the black sheep of the zombies story as they just lurk in the background and haven't been looked at too closely yet. With the advent of the Keepers and Apothicons the possibility of aliens without any interdimensional powers seems insignificant in the grand scheme, but I'd like it to be explored further.

 

 

As for those Kino pods, those are still a mystery, but I think more likely those are monkeys or if they are alien they are unrelated to this one in particular due to their size. We've seen with Nova Crawlers and Denizens that 115 can make test subjects look a hell of a lot different from their original form, and I just think they are deformed monkeys or some other alien creature. I wouldn't think those would have anything to do with Griffin Station as Maxis had no idea it existed and Maxis was the head of everything going on at Deutsches sol Kino.

Edited by RadZakpak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 26-12-2017 at 6:03 AM, RadZakpak said:

What is it?

It is certainly implied to be a creature of alien origin, but there is always a possibility of it being a human in some strange test. But I am more inclined to believe it is an alien because I see no reason for any kind of misdirection.

 

Has it any connection with Griffin Station, which is also accesible from Area 51?

I don't think it was necessarily from the Moon, but I think the technology the Americans found when they arrived at Griffin Station allowed them to further research alien activity.

 

Do the Americans have found it, or is it something discovered by Group 935 (who have also ties with the American government)? And how/where is is found?

I think Broken Arrow has everything to do with this. On November 19th, 1963 Broken Arrow was created following the Pentagon outbreak to prevent future zombie outbreaks. Broken Arrow eventually gained control of Groom Lake as well as Area 51. While I cannot say for certain when the multiplayer maps are meant to take place, I do believe it is around this time as that is when the campaign for Black Ops took place. Personally I believe that the US government before the creation of Broken Arrow used 935's work to get to the Moon in secret, where they uncovered all of the technology present at Griffin Station. It's possibly that by the 1960s as the cold war took form, the Americans were on the Moon using Griffin Station as a base and attempting to communicate with extraterrestrials. How they acquired this body in particular and if there are more of them is unknown. I don't think they killed this alien but rather it crashed on earth/the Moon and the body was recovered, and recently as well since the body doesn't seem decomposed.

Aliens have always been the black sheep of the zombies story as they just lurk in the background and haven't been looked at too closely yet. With the advent of the Keepers and Apothicons the possibility of aliens without any interdimensional powers seems insignificant in the grand scheme, but I'd like it to be explored further.

 

 

As for those Kino pods, those are still a mystery, but I think more likely those are monkeys or if they are alien they are unrelated to this one in particular due to their size. We've seen with Nova Crawlers and Denizens that 115 can make test subjects look a hell of a lot different from their original form, and I just think they are deformed monkeys or some other alien creature. I wouldn't think those would have anything to do with Griffin Station as Maxis had no idea it existed and Maxis was the head of everything going on at Deutsches sol Kino.

Excellent answers, Rad, as always, and some very neat original ideas as well. But I wonder how Broken Arrow would use and investigate Griffin Station: It is inhabited by the undead after all. American scientist would be killed if they would enter that cursed Moon base. So how could they get their hands on that alien corpse? I suddenly also think of the Shangri La skull: Something that looks extraterrestrial too but has eyes, unlike the trans-dimensionale Keepers and Apothicans. Could it be the same race as this creature? Btw, you probably already knew that Nazi groups travelled to Tibet in WW2, in search for the ancestors of the Germanic race, the Aryans, but did you also knew they have actually discovered some very odd, long skulls? Like the Shangri La one. I cannot find the source anymore but I believe it was the one @Tac once linked SO COME ON LINE TAC! I NEED IT.

 

About the time MP maps take place in, I have a question. Nuketown MP has Soviet soldiers against Black Ops soldiers. The Soviet Union ended in 1990. Nuketown zombies takes place directly after nuketown MP, but according to the timeline it takes place in 2025. Something's wrong, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

17 hours ago, anonymous said:

Excellent answers, Rad, as always, and some very neat original ideas as well. But I wonder how Broken Arrow would use and investigate Griffin Station: It is inhabited by the undead after all. American scientist would be killed if they would enter that cursed Moon base. So how could they get their hands on that alien corpse?

To me I always interpreted the appearance of zombies once Samantha took over the MPD to be they are sent wherever she desires. In 1963 she of course sent them to the Berlin theater where Ultimis was, and then inevitably to the Soviet Union where Ascension was. The reason for them being at the Pentagon? That wasn't always clear, but with the confirmation in the timeline that the Pentagon Theif is in fact Yuri serving Samantha, we can gather Samantha sent him and the zombies to the Pentagon to fulfill a specific purpose. Call of the Dead? The corpses only reanimated part-way through the movie because Ultimis had just teleported in from Ascension. So maybe she didn't reanimate any of the dead on the Moon until Ultimis got involved. Also consider the fact that Griffin Station was managed wholly my Maxis who was in the system from 1945 to 2025 just sitting idle. There's no way the station could stay powered on that long without some intervention. After the war when the Americans showed up, Maxis may have tried to persuade the Americans into continuing to power the station, possibly with 115, to keep it running until Maxis could enact his plan against Richtofen. Also in that big gap of time, maybe Maxis was attempting to communicate with Aliens? Not a lot for him to do up there besides give the Americans 935 secrets.

 

17 hours ago, anonymous said:

 

About the time MP maps take place in, I have a question. Nuketown MP has Soviet soldiers against Black Ops soldiers. The Soviet Union ended in 1990. Nuketown zombies takes place directly after nuketown MP, but according to the timeline it takes place in 2025. Something's wrong, right?

Nuketown Zombies is in 2025 but the old Nuketown was converted into a Broken Arrow facility since they took over Grooms Lake and the surrounding facilities. We know Marlton was in the Bunker and the recently-nuked look of Nuketown Zombies is because Broken Arrow was drilling near Nuketown and caused a massive nuclear blast.

 

So basically Multiplayer map Nuketown did take place in 1960s era, then it was left as it was and taken over by Broken Arrow, then in 2025 Marlton was sent into the Bunker, probably as an Engineer on a Broken Arrow project, and drilling caused the explosion to create the Nuketown we see in Nuketown Zombies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Call of Duty Zombies Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct (CoC for short) for using the website can be found here

Our Privacy / Cookie Policy

Call of Duty Zombies privacy policy / cookie information can be found here

Our Terms of Use

The terms of use can be found here

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .