The sound of the undead

anonymous

• Moderators

Recently, the head of the WWIIZ developers posted this on social media:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/7fyu87/hello_again/?st=JAJ1QLH6&sh=a55e008b

So there are secrets hidden in the sounds the undead produce. I personally thought to hear sone Germanic sounding growls while playing the game, but the case is apparently more complex. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/7g4rs7/zombie_language_information/

So multiple languages are heard? And even some extinct languages? What are the secrets that lay within the brains of the untoten? @oxin8 tweeted at Cameron Dayton, who replied back: "This semester will be History and Language 101. Everybody find your study partners".

People have claimed to hear English, German, French, Latin and Russian so far, and the language secret seems to be related to Frederik Barbarossa and the Holy Roman Empire, a feudal monarchy that encompassed present-day Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech and Slovak Republics, as well as parts of eastern France, northern Italy, Slovenia, and western Poland. 

"There are more secrets that can be found in Mittelburg"

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/28/2017 at 3:24 PM, anonymous said:

People have claimed to hear English, German, French, Latin and Russian so far, and the language secret seems to be related to Frederik Barbarossa and the Holy Roman Empire, a feudal monarchy that encompassed present-day Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech and Slovak Republics, as well as parts of eastern France, northern Italy, Slovenia, and western Poland. 

Despite my lacking knowledge of Barbarossa's legacy, I would like to say that there's about a 50/50 chance that the last zombie in each round is yelling intelligible words. Most of the time it's just random groaning, but I swear there's more to what they're saying. This is a very interesting investigation, and I will definitely be glad to look into this with you!

~Alyx

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

In addition to this and more, Sledgehammer recently revealed these documents:

large

large

They are written by Drostan. In one he is talking about the Ravenlords, the Second Crusade and more, and he asks the major questions:

-Where did Barbarossa find the sword?

-Why was it disassembled after his death (possibly by the Ravenlords)?

-What have the Ravenlords have to do with this.

When the ravens cease to fly, Barbarossa will rise again and bring Germania in its ancient greatness.

In the other one Drostan states that he is flying over burning cities (bombed Germany, he is in a zepelin). He also speaks of odd words that he kept hearing of the sound of the undead: Drostan has solved the mystery. And so has @Lizizadolphin. The unidentifiable murmle of the zombies appears to be German, but reversed. When a zombie says trewhct, he actually says schwert, meaning sword. Now this sounds really cool to me, but hard at the same time. A message that Liz already solved is 'das schwert soll ganz gemacht werden': the sword will be completely put together. 

So if you play WWII Nazi Zombies once again, listen closely. Write it down, if you feel like. Maybe we can crack some important messages.

I haven't checked out WW2 at all yet, but I noticed that all the languages named are from the countries that were involved in WW2 (except for Latin). Maybe that helps somewhere? I wouldn't know at all (I mean everyone probably noticed it), but this is definitely very interesting!

Archived