Holy Emperor Fredrick Bararabossa

FREDRICK BARARABOSSA

4274D137-8B6D-416E-B4C3-245941A462F6.jpeg

Legend says he is not dead, but asleep with his knights in a cave in the Kyffhäuser mountain in Thuringia or Mount Untersberg in Bavaria, Germany.

When the ravens cease to fly around the mountain he will awake and restore Germany to its ancient greatness.

The story mentions that his red beard has grown through the table at which he sits. His eyes are half closed in sleep, but now and then he raises his hand and sends a boy out to see if the ravens have stopped flying.

819855F7-FAA1-4497-A421-4CDDCAC3E8AB.jpeg

The Story

After the Christians had held Jerusalem for eighty-eight years, it was recaptured by the Muslims under the lead of the famous Saladin, in the year 1187. There was much excitement in Christendom, and the Pope proclaimed another Crusade.

Frederick immediately raised an army of Crusaders in the German Empire and with one hundred and fifty thousand men started for Palestine.

He marched into Asia Minor, attacked the Muslim forces, and defeated them in two great battles.

But before the brave old warrior reached the Holy Land his career was suddenly brought to an end. One day his army was crossing a small bridge over a river in Asia Minor. At a moment when the bridge was crowded with troops Frederick rode up rapidly.

He was impatient to join his son, who was leading the advance guard; and when he found that he could not cross immediately by the bridge, he plunged into the river to swim his horse across. Both horse and rider were swept away by the current. Barbarossa’s heavy armor made him helpless and he was drowned. His body was recovered and buried at Antioch.

Barbarossa was so much loved by his people that it was said, “Germany and Frederick Barbarossa are one in the hearts of the Germans.” His death caused the greatest grief among the German Crusaders. They had now little heart to fight the infidels and most of them at once returned to Germany.

In the Empire the dead hero was long mourned and for many years the peasants believed that Frederick was not really dead, but was asleep in a cave in the mountains of Germany, with his gallant knights around him. He was supposed to be sitting in his chair of state, with the crown upon his head, his eyes half-closed in slumber, his beard as white as snow and so long that it reached the ground.

“When the ravens cease to fly round the mountain,” said the legend, “Barbarossa shall awake and restore Germany to its ancient greatness.”

Map Side Notes

C6CCF2D2-0525-470E-98D2-6B6E72CD26EA.jpeg

You will notice that ravens will fly out of nowhere and I believe we are seeing our characters figure out how to draw off of this “energy” with Raven Research. 

The Ravens will become more prominent while your attempting to charge the batteries.

NEW INFO UPDATE TO OP: 01/26/2018

220px-German_National_People's_Party_Poster_Teutonic_Knights_(1920).jpg  3EFAC219-4FC6-44C3-8DA3-8D2602CD04E3.jpeg

(Found in HQ)

Before and during WWII, Nazi propaganda and ideology made use of the Teutonic Knights' imagery, as the Nazis sought to depict the Knights' actions as a forerunner of the Nazi conquests for Lebensraum . Heinrich Himmler tried to idealize the SS as a 20th-century re-incarnation of the medieval Order. 

Yet, despite these references to the Teutonic Order's history in Nazi propaganda, the Order itself was abolished in 1938 and its members were persecuted by the German authorities. This occurred mostly due to Hitler's and Himmler's belief that, throughout history, Roman Catholic military-religious orders had been tools of the Holy See and as such constituted a threat to the Nazi regime.

A discovery was made by Dr. Straub because the artifacts belonged Knights Templar Teutonic Order. Fredrick Barbarossa aka "Fredrick II Duke of Swabia" is apart of this order according to his bloodline. 

I believe a type of symbolic meaning comes from these occurrences. Showing the message Adolf Hitler believed that he was the savior of Germany. The Ravens and the Zeppelin meeting the Old and the New. Hitler sent the SS to retrieve something exceptional. The Legendary Hilt of Fredrick Barbarossa that the Ahnenerbe we're sent to recover was not intended to be used to wake the dead. Straub notes they could not move it themselves so they brought the Nazi Regime to It. Dr. Straub seeming surprised and anxious notes the discovery would change their understanding of the world.

Dr. Straub says that they were able to siphon large amounts of energy without breaking the magnetic barrier holding the hilt suspended in air. During an experiment Dr. Straus was attempting to siphon this energy. A cord overhead overheated and snapped striking a pair of Guards. "First they were dead and then they were not." says the Doctor. 

Straub was obsessed with the hilt with the strange physics routing it to the mountain.

Audio File #14

1516971443558-38326313.jpg

The carvings and statues surrounding the hilt. I know that it includes more than just the tale of ravens. 

Research & Analysis “Story behind the Hilt” *OPEN*

There are 4 Weapons depicted on the wall. Most will think of the Weapon its self, but this Teutonic/Templar (Freemasonry) Symbolism.

FAAF30F6-3E48-4B7F-9C55-ECA7FD64DC9C.jpeg

Starting from left to right:

Sword- power, protection, authority, strength, and courage; metaphysically, it represents discrimination and the penetrating power of the intellect.

Flail- This weapon had spread into central and eastern Europe in the 11th -13th centuries and may be considered an ancestor of the ball-and-chain flail. Waldman (2005) documented several seemingly authentic examples of the ball-and-chain flail from private collections as well as several restored illustrations from German, French, and Czech sources. He states that the scarcity of artifacts and artistic depictions, combined with the almost complete lack of text references, suggests they were relatively rare weapons and never saw widespread use. One of the reasons was the hazard the weapon posed to its wielder, especially the varieties with long chains and short handles. A missed swing would still retain momentum, causing the striking end to continue its arc around, potentially into the user's hand or body. A miss could also throw the user off balance, and even if a blow were struck, there would be a dangerously long recovery time before the user could ready another swing or defend himself.

Scythe Death and Mortality. Death being a natural extension of an agrarian society in which harvesting, done in the fall, represented the death of another year. Just as we harvest our crops, so does death harvest souls for their journey into the afterlife.

War Hammer- "bec de corbin" is a type of pole weapon and war hammer that was popular in medieval Europe. The name is Old French for "raven's beak" or "beak of the crow". 

Notable Wall Engravings

7344D0B6-9285-429B-8A08-FB4F6E7C54E6.jpeg4C3F9033-3335-40EA-8610-EAD8F7E9A09A.jpegEC38FC52-B827-4417-9A8B-26AA4FF47784.jpegB91782B1-E600-47B8-BAFD-A9F08BC183A1.jpeg

DE1D62BB-0B5D-487E-AEDA-152ADC9D3F93.jpeg

Operation Sealion:

3D3A34FE-8614-452C-B4F1-58516E903B25.jpeg

On 16 July 1940 Hitler issued Führer DirectiveNo. 16, setting in motion preparations for a landing in Britain. He prefaced the order by stating: "As England, in spite of her hopeless military situation, still shows no signs of willingness to come to terms, I have decided to prepare, and if necessary to carry out, a landing operation against her. The aim of this operation is to eliminate the English Motherland as a base from which the war against Germany can be continued, and, if necessary, to occupy the country completely." The code name for the invasion was Seelöwe, "Sea Lion".

Hitler's directive set four conditions for the invasion to occur:

• The RAF was to be "beaten down in its morale and in fact, that it can no longer display any appreciable aggressive force in opposition to the German crossing".
  • The English Channel was to be swept of British mines at the crossing points

• the Strait of Dover must be blocked at both ends by German mines.

• The coastal zone between occupied France and England must be dominated by heavy artillery.

This ultimately placed responsibility for Sea Lion's success squarely on the shoulders of Raeder and Göring, neither of whom had the slightest enthusiasm for the venture and, in fact, did little to hide their opposition to it. Nor did Directive 16 provide for a combined operational headquarters, similar to the Allies' creation of the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF) for the later Normandy landings, under which all three service branches (Army, Navy, and Air Force) could work together to plan, coordinate, and execute such a complex undertaking.

The invasion was to be on a broad front, from around Ramsgate to beyond the Isle of Wight. Preparations, including overcoming the RAF, were to be in place by mid August.

Outcome:

Eventual cancellation and diversion of German, Italian, and other Axis forces for Operation Barbarossa 

Operation Barbarossa:

On 5 December 1940, Hitler received the final military plans for the invasion on which the German High Command had been working since July 1940 under the codename "Operation Otto". Hitler, however, was dissatisfied with these plans and on 18 December issued Führer Directive 21, which called for a new battle plan, now code-named "Operation Barbarossa". The operation was named after medieval Emperor Frederick Barbarossa of the Holy Roman Empire, a leader of the Third Crusade in the 12th century. The invasion was set for 15 May 1941, though it was delayed for over a month in allowing for further preparations and possibly better weather. (See Operation Sealion)

According to a 1978 essay by German historian Andreas Hillgruber, the invasion plans drawn up by the German military elite were colored by hubris stemming from the rapid defeat of France at the hands of the "invincible" Wehrmacht and by ignorance tempered by traditional German stereotypes of Russia as a primitive, backward "Asiatic" country. Red Army soldiers were considered brave and tough, but the officer corps was held in contempt. The leadership of the Wehrmacht paid little attention to politics, culture and the considerable industrial capacity of the Soviet Union, in favor of a very narrow military view. Hillgruber argued that because these assumptions were shared by the entire military elite, Hitler was able to push through with a "war of annihilation" that would be waged in the most inhumane fashion possible with the complicity of "several military leaders", even though it was quite clear that this would be in violation of all accepted norms of warfare.

In autumn 1940, high-ranking German officials drafted a memorandum on the dangers of an invasion of the Soviet Union. They said Ukraine, Belorussian and the Baltic States would end up as only a further economic burden for Germany. It was argued that the Soviets in their current bureaucratic form were harmless and that the occupation would not benefit Germany. Hitler disagreed with economists about the risks and told his right-hand man Hermann Göring, the chief of the Luftwaffe, that he would no longer listen to misgivings about the economic dangers of a war with Russia. It is speculated that this was passed on to General George Thomas, who had produced reports that predicted a net economic drain for Germany in the event of an invasion of the Soviet Union unless its economy was captured intact and the Caucasus oilfields seized in the first blow, and he consequently revised his future report to fit Hitler's wishes.

The Red Army's ineptitude in the Winter War against Finland in 1939–40 convinced Hitler of a quick victory within a few months. Neither Hitler nor the General Staff anticipated a long campaign lasting into the winter, and therefore adequate preparations, such as the distribution of warm clothing and winterization of vehicles and lubricants, were not made.

Beginning in March 1941, Göring's Green Folder laid out details for the disposal of the Soviet economy after conquest. The Hunger Plan outlined how the entire urban population of conquered territories was to be starved to death, thus creating an agricultural surplus to feed Germany and urban space for the German upper class. Nazi policy aimed to destroy the Soviet Union as a political entity in accordance with the geopolitical Lebensraum ideals for the benefit of future generations of the "Nordic-master race".

In 1941, Nazi ideologue Alfred Rosenberg, later appointed Reich Minister of the Occupied Eastern Territories, suggested that conquered Soviet territory should be administered in the following Reichskommissariate ("Reich Commissioner-ships"):

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, anonymous said:

Nice! I too have seen the "ravens" prospection/quote. It is cool to see that the ravens actually appear in the game as well. Will Emperor Barbarossa really rise? Can you give a description of the quest step in which the ravens appear?

I’ve updated the OP im far from finished! I wish we had the option to save draft! That’s what I used to do

• Moderators

@The Meh Yes, the story is quite interesting and I am fund on the fact that it is based on real conspiracy theories. Dr. Fischer has discovered drawings on the walls in the Salt Mines that say that there is a secret ancient organization, who try to hide Barbarossa's sword and it's power for the rest of the world. I am sure we will hear from this organization in later maps.

@RequixEclipse I've also seen ravens fly away when turning on the gas valves at the start of the game. When shooting the lantarns in gröesen house, one will hear ravens as well. Does this all refer to the rise of the Emperor? Or has it something to do with Geistkraft as well, the red light you see when killing a zombie, an energy powerfull enough to rezurrect the dead and enpower machines.

On 11/13/2017 at 11:08 AM, anonymous said:

@The Meh Yes, the story is quite interesting and I am fund on the fact that it is based on real conspiracy theories. Dr. Fischer has discovered drawings on the walls in the Salt Mines that say that there is a secret ancient organization, who try to hide Barbarossa's sword and it's power for the rest of the world. I am sure we will hear from this organization in later maps.

Yes, I'm sure we'll probably end up hearing a lot more about the organization, as they've probably meddled in these affairs more deeply than they can comprehend... not unlike Group 935.

That being said, I find the idea with Barbarossa more interesting, simply because of the mythos and legend that follows closely behind. I mean, it's not the only legend like this, and it has its own archetypal name for itself ("King in the mountain"), and isn't limited to Germany (or Frederick I, but I understand less how important Frederick II is to the legend [EDIT: Reading into it, it seems the legend originally was applied to Frederick II, yet it transferred over time to Frederick I. For whatever reason. Time will tell which emperor they portray.]). Kind of warrants research of its own for me, and I may well post something regarding it.

Of course, not on the caliber you guys have with Barbarossa already... that's something I didn't even think of and I'd rather leave the research there as is. It's more of the backing of it I'd want to do, the legends behind it and the whole backing allegorical meanings as a whole. So...

• 2 months later...

Before and during WWII, Nazi propaganda and ideology made use of the Teutonic Knights' imagery, as the Nazis sought to depict the Knights' actions as a forerunner of the Nazi conquests for Lebensraum . Hienrich Himmler tried to idealise the SS as a 20th-century re-incarnation of the medieval Order. 

Yet, despite these references to the Teutonic Order's history in Nazi propaganda, the Order itself was abolished in 1938 and its members were persecuted by the German authorities. This occurred mostly due to Hitler's and Himmler's belief that, throughout history, Roman Catholic military-religious orders had been tools of the Holy See and as such constituted a threat to the Nazi regime.

220px-German_National_People's_Party_Poster_Teutonic_Knights_(1920).jpg

A discovery was made by Dr. Straub because the artifacts belonged Knights Templar Teutonic Order. Fredrick Bararabossa aka Fredrick II Duke of Swabia is apart of this order according to his bloodline. I believe multiple things are being put into play here in this map. We have a tribute to the legend which would be the Ravens:

On 11/10/2017 at 0:43 PM, RequixEclipse said:

When the ravens cease to fly around the mountain he will awake and restore Germany to its ancient greatness.

I believe a type of symbolic meaning comes from these occurrences. Showing the message Adolf Hitler believed that he was the savior of Germany. The Ravens and the Zeplin meeting the Old and the New. Hitler sent the SS to retrieve something exeptional. The Legendary Hilt of Fredrick Bararabosda that the Ahnenerbe we're sent to recover was not intended to be used to wake the dead. Straub notes they could not move it themselves so they brought the Nazi Regieme to It. Dr. Straub seeming suprised and anxious notes the discovery would change their understanding of the world.

Dr. Straub says that they were able to siphon vass amounts of energy without breaking the magnetic barrier holding the hilt suspended in air. During an experiment Dr. Straus was attempting to siphon this energy. A cord overhead overheated and snapped stricking a pair of Gaurds. "First they were dead and then they were not." says the Doctor. 

*Audio file 13 Transcript*: Straub was obsessed with the hilt with the strange physics routing it to the mountain. Richter just wanted to make it into a weapon from the very beginning they were at odds. This conflict brought about the ruination of everything... but also my first glimpse of Hope.

As I read the next audio file transcript #14 it became clear to me that the story of where this power/energy came from has been in front of our faces this whole time.1516971443558-38326313.jpg

Before I continue this theory/discussion I will be exploring and analyzing the carvings and statues surrounding the hilt. I know that it includes more than just the tale of ravens. 

Until then feel free to add to this discussion my fellow survivors.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:16 AM, The Meh said:

Yes, I'm sure we'll probably end up hearing a lot more about the organization, as they've probably meddled in these affairs more deeply than they can comprehend... not unlike Group 935.

That being said, I find the idea with Barbarossa more interesting, simply because of the mythos and legend that follows closely behind. I mean, it's not the only legend like this, and it has its own archetypal name for itself ("King in the mountain"), and isn't limited to Germany (or Frederick I, but I understand less how important Frederick II is to the legend [EDIT: Reading into it, it seems the legend originally was applied to Frederick II, yet it transferred over time to Frederick I. For whatever reason. Time will tell which emperor they portray.]). Kind of warrants research of its own for me, and I may well post something regarding it.

Of course, not on the caliber you guys have with Barbarossa already... that's something I didn't even think of and I'd rather leave the research there as is. It's more of the backing of it I'd want to do, the legends behind it and the whole backing allegorical meanings as a whole. So...

I’ve been digging deep into this one and boy is it juicy. Not only does it all come full circle with the time and setting of the map, but it’s linking and conecting this story with an Order of the Knights Templar. So much symbolism on these walls. Sledgehammer may have lit the Torch on my inner Egg Hunter. 1FFB249F-8C6F-4ACF-9BC1-A5D6F1941012.jpeg

1 hour ago, certainpersonio said:

@RequixEclipse Oh my god I'm so glad I'm not crazy. I too was going down a path toward the Knights Templar. While the story it suggests is PHENOMENAL, I haven't been able to find concrete evidence in the game linking it together. I would love to know more about what you've found to keep my hopes alive!

Staat des Deutschen Ordens German, was a crusader stateformed by the Teutonic Knights or Teutonic Order during the 13th century Northern Crusades along the Baltic Sea. The state was based in Prussia after the Order's conquest of the Pagan Old Prussians which began in 1230. It expanded to include at various times Courland, Gotland, Livonia, Neumark, Pomerelia and Samogitia. Its territory was in the modern countries of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Russia. Most of the territory was conquered by military orders, after which German colonization occurred to varying effect. 

‘Teutonic' refers to the German origins of the order in Latin. It is commonly known in German as the Deutscher Orden ("German Order"), historically also as Deutscher Ritterorden ("German Order of Knights"), Deutschherrenorden, Deutschritterorden ("Order of the German Knights") or "Die Herren im weißen Mantel" ("The lords in white capes").

In 1515, Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian Imade a marriage alliance with Sigismund I of Poland-Lithuania. Thereafter, the empire did not support the Order against Poland. In 1525, Grand Master Albert of Brandenburg resigned and converted to Lutheranism, becoming Duke of Prussia as a vassal of Poland. Soon after, the Order lost Livonia and its holdings in the Protestant areas of Germany. The Order did keep its considerable holdings in Catholic areas of Germany until 1809, when Napoleon Bonaparte ordered its dissolution and the Order lost its last secular holdings.

However, the Order continued to exist as a charitable and ceremonial body. It was outlawed by Adolf Hitler in 1938, but re-established in 1945. Today it operates primarily with charitable aims in Central Europe.

The Knights wore white surcoats with a black cross. A cross pattée was sometimes used as their coat of arms; this image was later used for military decoration and insignia by the Kingdom of Prussia and Germany as the Iron Cross and Pour le Mérite. The motto of the Order was: "Helfen, Wehren, Heilen" ("Help, Defend, Heal").

Spoiler

30F6CF6B-2DE9-4AD0-B6BF-22B354D63917.png

Teutonic Coat of Arms0E51E329-C415-4C46-A089-766F88008AD7.png

The Iron Cross: was a military decoration in the Kingdom of Prussia, and later in the German Empire (1871–1918) and Nazi Germany (1933–1945). It was established by King Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia in March 1813 backdated to the birthday of his late wife Queen Louise on 10 March 1813 during the Napoleonic Wars (EK 1813). Louise was the first person to receive this decoration. 

The recommissioned Iron Cross was also awarded during the Franco-Prussian War (EK 1870), World War I (EK 1914), and World War II (EK 1939, re-introduced with a swastika added in the center). The Iron Cross was normally a military decoration only, though there were instances of it being awarded to civilians for performing military functions. Two examples of this were civilian test pilots Hanna Reitsch who was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class and 1st Class and Melitta Schenk Gräfin von Stauffenberg, who was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class, for their actions as pilots during World War II.

The design of the cross symbol was black with a white or silver outline, was ultimately derived from the cross pattée of the Teutonic Order, used by knights on occasions from the 13th century.

The Prussian Army black cross pattée was also used as the symbol of the succeeding German Army from 1871 to March/April 1918, when it was replaced by the Balkenkreuz. In 1956, it was re-introduced as the symbol of the Bundeswehr, the modern German armed forces.

E5AFB329-E2AC-44E9-B91A-625AC1D77C2D.jpeg

• Moderators
11 hours ago, RequixEclipse said:

Staat des Deutschen Ordens German, was a crusader stateformed by the Teutonic Knights or Teutonic Order during the 13th century Northern Crusades along the Baltic Sea. The state was based in Prussia after the Order's conquest of the Pagan Old Prussians which began in 1230. It expanded to include at various times Courland, Gotland, Livonia, Neumark, Pomerelia and Samogitia. Its territory was in the modern countries of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Russia. Most of the territory was conquered by military orders, after which German colonization occurred to varying effect. 

And this, my friend, might be a reference to Operation Barbarossa in WW2, as you mention in the other thread. This is just so cool! Sledgehammer made a connection between the real existed Emperor Barbarossa and the crusades, and the real existed Nazi Operation Barbarossa! 

Also, you really got a point about the Teutonic knights. I recently, thanks to @Silv3r Energy, found a book in the WWII Headquarters, near the zombie bunker, reading "The Crusades (unreadable) The Knights (unreadable)". Could that be a hint to the Teutonic knights? I think you're right about the Knights being involved in the story. Now I wonder what the Raven Knights have to do with this, aside from the old prediction about Barbarossa and the ravens.

Also, what I wonder about the Hilt: Is it the only part of Barbarossa's sword that emits Geistkraft? Or the other parts (the pommel, the blade, etc) emit it as well?

I believe it was @Lizizadolphinwho might know more about the wall drawing in the artifact chamber in Mittelburg.

7 hours ago, anonymous said:

And this, my friend, might be a reference to Operation Barbarossa in WW2, as you mention in the other thread. This is just so cool! Sledgehammer made a connection between the real existed Emperor Barbarossa and the crusades, and the real existed Nazi Operation Barbarossa! 

Also, you really got a point about the Teutonic knights. I recently, thanks to @Silv3r Energy, found a book in the WWII Headquarters, near the zombie bunker, reading "The Crusades (unreadable) The Knights (unreadable)". Could that be a hint to the Teutonic knights? I think you're right about the Knights being involved in the story. Now I wonder what the Raven Knights have to do with this, aside from the old prediction about Barbarossa and the ravens.

Also, what I wonder about the Hilt: Is it the only part of Barbarossa's sword that emits Geistkraft? Or the other parts (the pommel, the blade, etc) emit it as well?

I believe it was @Lizizadolphinwho might know more about the wall drawing in the artifact chamber in Mittelburg.

4 distinct weapons shown and 1 is a Sword perhaps it’s our sword in The Final Riech. The other 3 maybe the future wonder weapons. 

CBBE152A-675C-426B-B9C9-EB8A5A527F72.jpeg

1. Sword
  2. Mace
  3. Scythe
  4. Hammer

3D3A34FE-8614-452C-B4F1-58516E903B25.jpeg

On 16 July 1940 Hitler issued Führer DirectiveNo. 16, setting in motion preparations for a landing in Britain. He prefaced the order by stating: "As England, in spite of her hopeless military situation, still shows no signs of willingness to come to terms, I have decided to prepare, and if necessary to carry out, a landing operation against her. The aim of this operation is to eliminate the English Motherland as a base from which the war against Germany can be continued, and, if necessary, to occupy the country completely." The code name for the invasion was Seelöwe, "Sea Lion".

Hitler's directive set four conditions for the invasion to occur:

• The RAF was to be "beaten down in its morale and in fact, that it can no longer display any appreciable aggressive force in opposition to the German crossing".
  • The English Channel was to be swept of British mines at the crossing points

• the Strait of Dover must be blocked at both ends by German mines.

• The coastal zone between occupied France and England must be dominated by heavy artillery.

This ultimately placed responsibility for Sea Lion's success squarely on the shoulders of Raeder and Göring, neither of whom had the slightest enthusiasm for the venture and, in fact, did little to hide their opposition to it. Nor did Directive 16 provide for a combined operational headquarters, similar to the Allies' creation of the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF) for the later Normandy landings, under which all three service branches (Army, Navy, and Air Force) could work together to plan, coordinate, and execute such a complex undertaking.

The invasion was to be on a broad front, from around Ramsgate to beyond the Isle of Wight. Preparations, including overcoming the RAF, were to be in place by mid August.

Outcome:

Eventual cancellation and diversion of German, Italian, and other Axis forces for Operation Barbarossa 

15 minutes ago, anonymous said:

That audio file is odd. They talk about losses in the East, while they yet have to start with Operation SeaLion? Is it just me, or is that not historical correct (probably just me)?

@anonymousHeres a quick Geological visual for some of you. I admit things like that can confuse even me. The borders and political borders were much different.

Audio 24 Transcription takes place in Mittelberg:

C4573650-9278-493C-93EC-59A2D7ADB778.png

they are experiencing pressure from the East.(From the Red Army):

5F5FB885-2D40-4D7E-B3F6-BC4D75B8685F.jpeg

3 hours ago, certainpersonio said:

@RequixEclipse Wait, there are 24 audio logs? I thought it only went up to 22.

Theres more than 24. CC0C3860-DE01-4380-AA4E-4560AA92545F.jpeg

There are 37 total files.

1 hour ago, certainpersonio said:

@RequixEclipse So it seems! My bad

No worries man I didn’t mean for the tone of that last reply to sound like an Ass hole  

On 1/30/2018 at 9:13 AM, certainpersonio said:

@RequixEclipse It's all good. I just feel silly I didn't check! I was using outdated information.

In other news, on TDS Dr. Straub talks about how we're too late again, and that Directive 16 is already underway (or something to that effect). This 100% confirms Sea Lion is active, probably meaning the next map will be the invasion of the UK.

Possibly. I've been looking into islands north of Germany that were own by the Nazis. I have a feeling that our next encounter with Straub Will be there.

• Moderators
On 30-1-2018 at 4:13 PM, certainpersonio said:

In other news, on TDS Dr. Straub talks about how we're too late again, and that Directive 16 is already underway (or something to that effect). This 100% confirms Sea Lion is active, probably meaning the next map will be the invasion of the UK.

Directive 16 indeed refers to Operation SeaLion. The odd thing is, is that Sea Lion started in 1940, and ended 2-3 years later, while the Final Reich, the map prior to The Darkest Shore, starts in either late 1943 or 1944.

An oddity as well: In a bunker in the first campaign mission, taking place during D-Day, summer 1944, a letter can be found ordering that the corpses of fallen soldiers have to be transported to Mittelburg. So it seems like the Ahnenerbe station at Mittelburg was still functional during those days.

And before WWII was released, it was said that Nazi Zombies would take place at the end of the war, when Nazi-Germany found itself at a very desperate position. Maybe the complete Nazi-Zombies Storyliner takes place after D-Day, during the last days of WWII, long after Operation Sea Lion. That would possibly make Berlin (Dahlem) our next stop: An Ahnenerbe research station AND a German Wonderweapon van facility.

6 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Directive 16 indeed refers to Operation SeaLion. The odd thing is, is that Sea Lion started in 1940, and ended 2-3 years later, while the Final Reich, the map prior to The Darkest Shore, starts in either late 1943 or 1944.

An oddity as well: In a bunker in the first campaign mission, taking place during D-Day, summer 1944, a letter can be found ordering that the corpses of fallen soldiers have to be transported to Mittelburg. So it seems like the Ahnenerbe station at Mittelburg was still functional during those days.

And before WWII was released, it was said that Nazi Zombies would take place at the end of the war, when Nazi-Germany found itself at a very desperate position. Maybe the complete Nazi-Zombies Storyliner takes place after D-Day, during the last days of WWII, long after Operation Sea Lion. That would possibly make Berlin (Dahlem) our next stop: An Ahnenerbe research station AND a German Wonderweapon van facility.

Everything seems to be coming together very nicely. Unlike Treyarchs storyline no offense. Lol

@anonymousYeah, it definitely seems like I let my excitement get the better of me and I jumped the gun. From an in-game dialogue stand-point, we now know that Straub's forces are being redirected, as stated in Audio Log 32.

This is Red Riding Hood, with a final message for Ravencrown. We have new orders, orders to abandon Operation Sea Lion. I overheard the message from Berlin. You must hurry! You must come-come now! It was from our Fuhror! He was begging for rescue!

My personal interpretation of this is that the message came from Berlin, but doesn't guarantee that the undead army was redirect there. Based on your proposed timeline, in July of 1944 Hitler barely avoided assassination during Operation Valkyrie where a bomb was detonated at the Wolf's Lair. This wouldn't explain why the Nazi's would need an undead army in Poland, but maybe it suggests a deployment to the Eastern Front?

Initially I agreed with your timeline, but now I have 2 potential timelines that are quite different from each other. Essentially it comes from a series of tweets that both in-game confirm Groesten Haus happens after D-day and Cameron Dayton confirms the story takes place in 1945. [tweet]

Here is my best guess at a timeline: ( * indicates an event that is believed to have happened around this time but with no clear date)

• 1933 - Marie leaves Bavaria to go England/America. Eventually joins the OSS and MFAA [source]
  • 1935 - Ahnenerbe founded
  • 1937 - Barbarossa's chamber discovered in mines of Mittleburg.[source]
  • *Straub arrives and begins experimentation with Geistkraft. Starts to build undead army.
  • 1940 - Operation Sea-Lion planned.
  • *Straub base on Heligoland set up as staging ground for Operation Sea-Lion
  • March 20th, 1941 - Klaus begins writing to Marie about atrocities occurring in Mittleburg.[source]
  • June 22nd, 1943 - Marie begins writing in her journal. She's a part of the OSS and is reaching out to the MFAA. [source]
  • July 24th, 1943 - Rideau reaches out to Marie about the artifacts Klaus has uncovered. [source]
  • August 3rd, 1943 - MFAA approves mission to Mittleburg. 
  • June 6th, 1944 - D-day
    • You can find paperwork in campaign that talks about having dead bodies sent from the front to Dr. Straub in Mittleburg.

Here I think it splits into 2 possible timelines:

Version I: Based on historical dates of accomplishments mentioned in TFR Prologue [prologue]

• April 4th, 1945 - Merkers Salt mines captured by Allied forces. Drostan present for retrieval. [source]
  • April/May 1945- Neuschwanstein Castle turned over to allies. Olivia present for retrieval. [source]
  • May 4th, 1945 - Berchtesgaden, "Hitler's mountain retreat" captured by Allies. Jefferson present for retrieval. [source]
  • *May 1945 - The Final Reich
    • Snow would have to be from altitude in the mountains, but this seems unlikely (see above for more detail). Probably can't be winter because WWII was well over by then
    • Apparently newspapers in the Groesten Haus reference D-day landings as having happened
  • *May 1945 - The Darkest Shore
    • Again, character dialogue suggests a quick turn-around for this mission, suggesting it might be days-weeks after TFR. Comfortably <1mo after TFR. 
  • Can't come to rescue Hitler because he died on April 30th, 1945.

Version II: Based on approximations of historical dates and working backwards from end of WWII. Essentially paints a picture of the undead army coming to defend Germany as the Allies race for Berlin. 

• Early April 1945 - Merkers, Neuschwanstein, and Berchtesgaden all happen in close proximity as Allied forces advance into Germany
  • *~April 10th, 1945 - The Final Reich
    • Problems with the snow have already been discussed above. 
    • Essentially it goes here bc it's 1week prior to Darkest Shore
  • *April 18th, 1945 - The Darkest Shore
    • This has our characters assaulting the island in the morning and then calling in the historically accurate, devastating bombing on April 18th, 1945
  • This now places our characters on a Zeppelin with Straub heading to defend the Führer. Historically speaking, by April 23rd the Soviets had essentially surrounded Berlin. [source]

My personal favorite is Version III. I like the idea of this being Straub's final attempt to push back the Allied armies.

Archived