A big THANKYOU to CODZ

Smok3y

I joined this site some years ago once I had become hooked on Bo2 - tranzit to be specific and I was generally blown away with 3 of my friends. I don't think we have had a gaming experience quite like the first few plays of the map and at least 1 person always missing the bus with disastrous yet hilarious consequences.

While we had all played Kino, i make no exaggeration when I say we struggled to really get past the first doors because we would always wait for dogs with our pistols and eventually go down being the noobs that we were. While we understood the need to buy doors I guess the progression factor hadnt clicked with us. regardless we only saw the mystery box for the first time of like our 1oth play and we never made it to the stage, needless to stay we stuck with the MP side.

BO2 just worked better for us as I had become hooked on the theories, the stories and such behind the map. Someone mentioned an easter egg which was a foreign concept for me at the time but something I was intrigued by and ultimately what led to me falling completely down the rabbit whole like Alice and becoming incredibly hooked on the game mode and all of its intertwining time lines. 

If I had to narrow down exactly what hooked me from a story/theory perspective it was clearly how all of the mystery was linked back to real world events. some of my favourite posts have been @PINNAZ great leap forward relating to the big industrialisation of China, @MixMasterNut and his post on the Flesh was a very good read especially considering we really didn't get any info on the flesh & @Tac on the connection between Mars and Shangri la which was good read not forget @NaBrZHunter explaining how the MPD actually works, @Shooter clarifying the Aether & time travel and more recently the EPIC EPIC storybook by @RadZakpak

I became so hooked that inbetween BO2 and BO3 I purchased BO1 on the 360 with all DLC (at the old prices!) as I was fully captivated and felt that I had missed out on what a lot of people will claim to be the pinnacle of zombies. I simply had to experience it myself. I was not disappointed. the character dialogue is the best of any version. I was also hooked on completing EE's and achievements at this stage, something I'm really not fussed about in other games. Spotting that COTD was solo-able had me excited but boy were those sprinters frustrating!

None the less I ploughed on and through this site I was finally able to complete my last ever easter egg/ achievement with the help of a few CODZ members along the way. My last EE was moon on BO1 and it was incredibly satisfying to see the moon blow up and while I have now been exposed to the wonder of the DE moon destruction it wasn't as grandiose as it could have been but I make no reservations that if I had played the BO1 DLC season I would say without a shadow of a doubt it was the best story arch of the 3.

I only play Treyarch zombie but highly suspect that BO3 will be my last and I will keep tabs on the story through the usual sources but it all became a bit convoluted for me!

I want to give a massive shout out to those that helped me with missing EE's that forced a team, Shang and buried come to mind most notably...

So thankyou  to @DaveLo07 @NaBrZHunter @RequixEclipse @Doppelgänger @Dandaman955 to mention a few, im sure there are a few others im forgetting and a lot no longer frequent this site but a big THANKYOU for this epic zombies journey.

I am still playing BO1, 2 and 3 on xbox so if you ever want a game feel free to hit me up. Ill leave this post with a little video i posted before BO3 began but something I watch from time to time that gets me super amped to play zombies again.

@Hells Warrrior You can delete my broken signature now ;)

@anonymous We are still due a game of tranzit my friend!

Cheers CODZ!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Always hoping for the day when I can get an EE run in...been talking with my pal @FatedTitan and actually, my wife as well about one - you could be our #4! As usual, no ETA as of yet, however. lol! Family life keeps me on my toes. And I found out yesterday it just grew +1 brains (joke for the benefit of the old CODZers who remember). XD

This weekend is jammed packed because I wanna give my lady time to get in some more thrill park stuff before it becomes "not doctor recommended." Otherwise, I'll keep you on the top of my list for folks to shout out for EE plans!

The video is blocked by my employer's web filter, but I'll give it a watch this evening - looks like a good one!

@Smok3y Had some fun games over the past couple of months, you know you've got a decent group of people when you can fail as many times as we did and no one throws their toys out of the pram! Would still like to tick of Ascension at some point (officially) and perhaps get a group together from the forum to do a Silverback Defeat.

I agree completely regarding Black Ops 1. Best story arc, best map designs and the most enjoyable game mechanics/zombie a.i in my opinion as well.

I want to give a massive shout out to those that helped me with missing EE's that forced a team, Shang and buried come to mind most notably...

So thankyou  to @DaveLo07 @NaBrZHunter @RequixEclipse @Doppelgänger @Dandaman955 to mention a few, im sure there are a few others im forgetting and a lot no longer frequent this site but a big THANKYOU for this epic zombies journey.

It was an honor and a pleasure assisting you through these crazy Easter Eggs! I remember you asking if I'd help with an EE in 4 weeks and I messaged each week counting down till we executed the task at hand! XD I've had a blast sharing the story of COD: Zombies with ok and I'm sure there will be more to come! I'm but a Xbox message away so feel free to hmu anytime! For now we will but this in the records along with that damn Napalm Zombie on Shangri-La! >.<

Always hoping for the day when I can get an EE run in...been talking with my pal @FatedTitan and actually, my wife as well about one - you could be our #4! As usual, no ETA as of yet, however. lol! Family life keeps me on my toes. And I found out yesterday it just grew +1 brains (joke for the benefit of the old CODZers who remember). XD

This weekend is jammed packed because I wanna give my lady time to get in some more thrill park stuff before it becomes "not doctor recommended." Otherwise, I'll keep you on the top of my list for folks to shout out for EE plans!

The video is blocked by my employer's web filter, but I'll give it a watch this evening - looks like a good one!

Congrats on the +1 @NaBrZHunter my little monster is 4 and about to start preschool.. gosh I remember when she was born Die Rise just released and I spent the nights staying up attempting the EE while rocking here and feeding her. Lmao? time flys when your running trains.

• Moderators

Making the school subject "English" from one of my worst to my best subject, teaching me alot about history and ancient cultures, understanding science(-fiction) about higher dimensions better, interest me more in physics and chemistry, it are all everyday subjects that CoDZ has helped me alot with. I remember a night in which I looked at the stars with a friend, started talking about the star Aldebaran, but quickly explained him everything about the Vril Ya, Agartha and the Aryans. I remember physics class lessons in which I, together with 2 friends, was keeping annoying my physics teacher with Tesseracts, 4D, time travel, the Grandfather paradox and quantum physics. Eventually, he started to sweat and his hands began to shake, and it drove him mad and he yelled us to stop. He couldn't handle our questions and discussions. 

It are all things and moments that would not be there without CoDZ. Pretty odd to think about that. Yet, there is one thing I have found here that is way more important than this: Kindness, and even more friendship. Some kind of brotherhood feeling. I remember the kind way of talking to me, the very first time I submitted a post/comment on this site. Nothing has changed ever since.

Seriously, I don't think I've felt some kind of anger, jealousy or resentment on this site. Ever. That's really odd, since every society, friendship or community is dealing with such things sometimes. Only friendly discussions. It's almost like CoDZ is some kind of perfect community, the Utopia of all zombie communities. 

Everyone on this site. Infestlithium, NaBrZHunter, Tac, Doppelganger, Radzakpak, Hell's warrior, RequixEclipse, Spider, Jiipee, Blurryface, Lenne, Slade, Mac, Liz, Aetherialvoices, Pinnaz, Blindbusdrivr, Smok3y, Daveloo, Mix, Abel, MMX, ZombiesAteYourPizza, Steelie, Andydabeast, Meh, Chopper, Shirtlesservice and many, MANY more (please don't feel offended when you're not in this list. These are just some names that I know out of my head). Everyone here is a part of CoDZ. Everyone here is like a brick in a wall. CoDZ exists of, and is such great place because of, you! All of you. So no, not thank CoDZ, this consiousnessless site. Thank YOU! You make this place so wonderful like what it is today. 

And of course, @Smok3y, I owe you one. Let's finish the Avogadro man and ride the Bus.

Fuck brah, my sis and I poured countless hours into kino and ive been hooked on zombies since bo1, i still play waw, it really helps with depression as firing obscure weapons at hoards of zombies is a great task to keep my mind busy, so yeah, i have to give a shout out to zombies too

And if you're ever interested in doing moon again I'd be happy to play with you some time

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived