Why is Kino SO EASY???

andydabeast

My friend and I played ZC Kino last night and although it looked great it was a little disappointing from a gameplay perspective. Zombies seemed slower, slower spawns, less zombies, and less zombie health than BO1 kino. We VERY easily got to wave 28 then had to go to bed. With the man-o-war and raygun II I never once ran out of ammo. Neither of us got downed on accident. 

We had just come off of a 3 player game on Shi Sho Numa and that was fantastic! we died on 24 and it was perfectly difficult. 

Is it the difference between 2 and 3 players or the map?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played it as well yesterday, and noticed that it is as well. I got good weapons out of the box, had nice perks fairly early on, etc. I only had to hit the box twice, I also played on solo. I can't tell you if player count makes a difference since I have no one to play with and thus only play solo, but I'd say it doesn't really matter since I could make round 20 easily by myself. What I also noticed was that there seemed to be a significant less amount of dogs (which to be honest I don't mind, I hate the Hellhound rounds), which also seemed to have a lot less health. What exactly makes it easier I don't know, but if they have indeed nerfed the zombies and the dogs then I'd say it's that. The gobblegums probably add to the easyness as well (that's not a word, I know :p), since they have some pretty powerful effects. I spawned a perk using one and so I had Widow's Wine on the second round.

Kinda weird, cause I've done a solo game on both and I found the opposite to be true for both maps. On Kino it seems like I was almost getting screwed over quite regularly by the nova crawlers being sneaky and they seem to have sped up, whereas they were very easy to manage on Black Ops 1. On the other hand, running by the Flogger on Shi No Numa used to be really hectic on solo on Black Ops, but with the Chronicles version I was running that area with Dead Wire and got to round 50 pretty easily.

1 hour ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Kinda weird, cause I've done a solo game on both and I found the opposite to be true for both maps. On Kino it seems like I was almost getting screwed over quite regularly by the nova crawlers being sneaky and they seem to have sped up, whereas they were very easy to manage on Black Ops 1. On the other hand, running by the Flogger on Shi No Numa used to be really hectic on solo on Black Ops, but with the Chronicles version I was running that area with Dead Wire and got to round 50 pretty easily.

That's kinda odd? But maybe it also has to do with what you're used to. I mean Kino was the first map I've ever played, and have been playing it since BO1 came out. I never played the other maps, so for me those would be a lot harder. What alo might be it is that Kino is a really small map. That might have different effects on players. I prefer small maps myself, because I always get lost in the bigger ones.

I got on SC Kino Der Toten way higher round than my BO1 with ease. Thunder gun, double pack-a-punched ICR and alchemical gobblegum. No need to worry about ammo at all, or running out of firepower. Combine with easy training spot and there isn't much of a challenge.

6 hours ago, Steelie said:

That's kinda odd? But maybe it also has to do with what you're used to. I mean Kino was the first map I've ever played, and have been playing it since BO1 came out. I never played the other maps, so for me those would be a lot harder. What alo might be it is that Kino is a really small map. That might have different effects on players. I prefer small maps myself, because I always get lost in the bigger ones.

It's weird, suppose it's just how people perceive things a lot of the time. I've played every zombies map there's ever been and started playing in the W@W days and Kino is up there in my top 5 in terms of maps I've played the most. I just feel like the nova crawlers are a lot more aggressive and faster spawning this year for some reason, though after playing again today I definitely noticed the slower zombie spawns.

I prefer the smaller maps too, though I think it comes with the territory because it seems that the larger maps also tend to be the kind of maps that have you running around for ages and doing loads of things just to build weapons, open PaP and stuff like that - Shadows and Zetsubou being prime examples, can't stand those maps.

6 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

I got on SC Kino Der Toten way higher round than my BO1 with ease. Thunder gun, double pack-a-punched ICR and alchemical gobblegum. No need to worry about ammo at all, or running out of firepower. Combine with easy training spot and there isn't much of a challenge.

I know what you mean, I mean if I played exactly the way I used to play on BO1 then I'd get farther easier because there would be a lack of ammo problems. Dunno though, I feel like the way I used to play back then is totally different to how I play now, and I'd start getting annoyed at the slow speed of the rounds if I used the same strategies I used to use lol. Not at all to say I'm finding Kino hard, just noticed that some things have gotten easier and others have gotten harder. Still going for a round 100 on it soon though and I fully expect to get it.

11 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

I know what you mean, I mean if I played exactly the way I used to play on BO1 then I'd get farther easier because there would be a lack of ammo problems. Dunno though, I feel like the way I used to play back then is totally different to how I play now, and I'd start getting annoyed at the slow speed of the rounds if I used the same strategies I used to use lol. Not at all to say I'm finding Kino hard, just noticed that some things have gotten easier and others have gotten harder. Still going for a round 100 on it soon though and I fully expect to get it.

Well the overall experience is way different from BO1 so I play slightly differently too than I used to play. I tend to rely more on wall buys rather than going for the box, especially if there's no wonder weapon in the box. There's gobblegums, but lately I've only been using the classical gobblegums rather than overpowered Mega set-up.

Good luck with your round 100 attempt :)

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

Well the overall experience is way different from BO1 so I play slightly differently too than I used to play. I tend to rely more on wall buys rather than going for the box, especially if there's no wonder weapon in the box. There's gobblegums, but lately I've only been using the classical gobblegums rather than overpowered Mega set-up.

Take it a step further and only use the whimsical once. haha

I haven't used a single mega gum on chronicles.

15 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

I prefer the smaller maps too, though I think it comes with the territory because it seems that the larger maps also tend to be the kind of maps that have you running around for ages and doing loads of things just to build weapons, open PaP and stuff like that - Shadows and Zetsubou being prime examples, can't stand those maps.

I feel exactly the same way about Zetsu and Shadows, they're humongous. Nearly impossible to play nicely on when playing solo, and I noticed I have the same problem with Origins (note that I also haven't played much Origins by the way).

• Moderators

Played my first game getting to round 54 a couple nights ago and I started off thinking it was much harder considering the speed of the zombies and how fast they hit you, and I went down a couple of times. I eventually realized Widow's Wine was more of a hindrance than a useful perk, and ended up on 54 getting tired and going to bed. Since then I'm avoiding Widow's Wine when I want to run circles, which is most games. I think the perk might have made me worse honestly, and the maps are much easier to train without it constantly messing with your horde.

So minus Widow's Wine I'm finding the maps easier and much much faster to get to high rounds.

On June 16, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Steelie said:

I played it as well yesterday, and noticed that it is as well. I got good weapons out of the box, had nice perks fairly early on, etc. I only had to hit the box twice, I also played on solo. I can't tell you if player count makes a difference since I have no one to play with and thus only play solo, but I'd say it doesn't really matter since I could make round 20 easily by myself. What I also noticed was that there seemed to be a significant less amount of dogs (which to be honest I don't mind, I hate the Hellhound rounds), which also seemed to have a lot less health. What exactly makes it easier I don't know, but if they have indeed nerfed the zombies and the dogs then I'd say it's that. The gobblegums probably add to the easyness as well (that's not a word, I know :p), since they have some pretty powerful effects. I spawned a perk using one and so I had Widow's Wine on the second round.

It seems very easy on solo. My four box hits were XM-53, Ray Gun, and Thunder Gun twice. Wonderfizz was the same, three Deadshot then Widow's. Dead Wire went off about every 7 bullets. It was crazy easy.

5 hours ago, Steelie said:

I feel exactly the same way about Zetsu and Shadows, they're humongous. Nearly impossible to play nicely on when playing solo, and I noticed I have the same problem with Origins (note that I also haven't played much Origins by the way).

Same mate, I've only played Origins a few times. Same with all the Black Ops 2 maps really, too much messing around for my liking (Mob of the Dead doesn't seem too bad on that front and I'm always saying I'll get around to learning it one day lol). But yeah, Origins is one of the most popular maps but it's just one of those maps where you take so long getting set up, not my cuppa.

9 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

9 hours ago, Lenne said:

Take it a step further and only use the whimsical once. haha

I haven't used a single mega gum on chronicles.

I've started to abuse Gobblegums, pretty much! Any way I can find with them to make my gameplay easier or faster, I'll use them. I of course came from the old days where I started playing on W@W, so I definitely don't need them by any stretch, but I suppose where I've got so many I just use them and dashboard when I've finished my game, assuming I don't die lol.

1 minute ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Same mate, I've only played Origins a few times. Same with all the Black Ops 2 maps really, too much messing around for my liking (Mob of the Dead doesn't seem too bad on that front and I'm always saying I'll get around to learning it one day lol). But yeah, Origins is one of the most popular maps but it's just one of those maps where you take so long getting set up, not my cuppa.

I don't really like the BO2 maps either in general, from the maps themselves to the characters in it. I know the story of it, but for the rest of it it kiiiinda falls into oblivion for me. Origins is kinda doable? But it's still really big and I feel like it's kinda chaotic on solo unless you know exactly what you're doing and where you're going. And I can tell you I had neither of those in my head when I played it, except for exploring as far as I could. But then I got confused and turned around and I died :sweat_smile:

2 hours ago, Pcsolyar said:

It seems very easy on solo. My four box hits were XM-53, Ray Gun, and Thunder Gun twice. Wonderfizz was the same, three Deadshot then Widow's. Dead Wire went off about every 7 bullets. It was crazy easy.

Holy shit, and I thought getting Widow's Wine on the second round was overpowered. I wonder if that was just an insane amount of luck or if it really got nerfed that badly ._.

6 minutes ago, Steelie said:

I don't really like the BO2 maps either in general, from the maps themselves to the characters in it. I know the story of it, but for the rest of it it kiiiinda falls into oblivion for me. Origins is kinda doable? But it's still really big and I feel like it's kinda chaotic on solo unless you know exactly what you're doing and where you're going. And I can tell you I had neither of those in my head when I played it, except for exploring as far as I could. But then I got confused and turned around and I died :sweat_smile:

Holy shit, and I thought getting Widow's Wine on the second round was overpowered. I wonder if that was just an insane amount of luck or if it really got nerfed that badly ._.

Last time I played I did not use widows wine, but my first box was raygun with wall power. So on wave 3 I had a papped raygun. Took less than 10 more boxes for thunder gun. 

Just now, andydabeast said:

Last time I played I did not use widows wine, but my first box was raygun with wall power. So on wave 3 I had a papped raygun. Took less than 10 more boxes for thunder gun. 

And I never even got the Thundergun or Ray gun once in my Kino plays, I hit the box a lot as well ._.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2017 at 7:22 PM, Steelie said:

And I never even got the Thundergun or Ray gun once in my Kino plays, I hit the box a lot as well ._.

weird how the probability works. It seems like each game the box has a favorite weapon to give me. It has been the haymaker, XM-53, Sheeva...

4 hours ago, andydabeast said:

weird how the probability works. It seems like each game the box has a favorite weapon to give me. It has been the haymaker, XM-53, Sheeva...

That IS weird. But I'm guessing it's just some weird algorhythm or something?? I actually have no idea how the box works, would be interesting to know.

Archived