Die Rise vs Nuketown

Russman

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

It depends what you'd rather have in a map. To me, Die Rise is a more vertical TranZit, with a lot of map to explore. Personally I dislike the map, and it's the only one I do. But don't let that dissuade you, because that's just me. The wonder weapon is really cool, and the map can be very fun with the trample steam, sliquifier, and guns like the AN94.

If you're looking for something simple and charming I'd go with Nuketown. There's not much too crazy here, it's pretty much just nuketown but with zombies running in. About all the weapons are the same apart from the LSAT and M27. It is decently challenging to train on this map. The only problem is perks randomly spawn in every 5 or so rounds along with pack a punch, so you can potentially get to round 20 and still not have jugg. But it provides some variability everytime you play.

So just consider what you want from the map and consider the price difference.

As for Call of the Dead, I think the map is great and would take it over both. It has a lot of ways to play and George keeps you on your toes, preventing the map from being too easy.

• Moderators

Nuketown Zombies was the first DLC I ever bought (due to the price). It is a simple and relative small map which is neat to play split screen with some friends. The tight hallways can make it an hard map, and unfortunately there are no Wunderwaffes (besides the Raygun), although the LSAT and M27 are unique for zombies to be found in the mystery box. The falling perks are a nice and challenging game element, and the fact that the eye colour changes in round 25, motivate me always to keep on killing. The big thing I dislike is that NuketownZ has, just like Farm, Bus Depot and Town, no voices. No funny characters. That makes the game, to me at least, much less attractive. If I go online, I therefore almost never play this map. With Split Screen, however, its one of the best maps to play.

Die Rise is a real fun map, IMO. I recently had so much fun with a friend playing split screen with all those elevators, trample steam and the sliquifier. We've had a great laugh. But also solo, or online is pretty nice to play this map. The elevators and random perk locations make it an unpredictable game, going different every time (quite the opposite of Mob, Origins and Shadows). The Sliquifier is a really bad, but funny wonderweapon. The sloping floors, ravines, trample steam and upside down rooms are unique for a zombies map. The elevators can be very funny, or a curse. To me it is no surprise that there are so many "100 stupid ways to die in Die Rise" and "trolling in Die Rise" videos. But in my opinion, Die Rise is a true great map.

I would go for Die Rise, but NuketownZ is worth the money too

Are you looking to figure out a complex map or just play around? Nuketown is very cut and dry, not much depth, but easier. Die Riese is fantastic to explore and figure out if you have never played it or watched videos about it. If you are going in blind Die Riese is the way to go. Lots of surprises in there. 

Well I think it also depends on if you're a new player or have some experience already. Nuketown is simple and I'd say is a better map for a new player. And I just dislike Die Rise a bit tbh. Either one of those aren't my favorites. From BO2, maps like Mob Of The Dead and Origins are my favorites but also happen to be more complex.

Nuketown could have been a Black Ops 1 map. It's a small map with a few different segments, you get your perks, raid the box, PaP your weapons and then survive as long as you can, and that's it.

Die Rise is a LOT more complicated and features various buildables in a huge map that you could quite easily get lost in if you're not familiar with it.

Your answer will be whichever of those you prefer the sound of.

Archived