Welcome to Call of Duty Zombies - The Official (Fan) Community for Zombies

Welcome, slayers from all realms, to the number one Call of Duty community dedicated to the popular Zombies mode. Call of Duty Zombies has been in existence since Treyarch's 2008 hit game World at War and has grown into the largest and most officiated fan community in the franchise. This forum is dedicated to the players who want to theorize about the game, create concept map ideas, discuss the story, and much more. We welcome all to the site. 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you'll be able to begin posting in discussions, customize your profile, dive into the Zombies lore with other fellow slayers, receive rewards for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! 

Happy slaying!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RequixEclipse

"The Gift" Analysis

ID: 1   Posted

"The Gift" Analysis 

References to Richtofen and his time at Alcatraz 

Spoiler

TCmnj82.jpg

Up in the sky down wind another light goes dim

And I know it's him

Reigning like a storm again

Deep inside me

Light of my life

Find my shadow wandering in my mind

Now all the threads will unwind

When all the stars are aligned

And I need

Time to break all the mirrors

But my mind is in pieces and not ready to make it clearer

Spoiler

"Up in the sky down wind another light goes dim

And I know it's him

Reigning like a storm again." Key word here is "Reigning" some being in control possibly the Shadow man or evil that is aware of what Richtofens presence.? Richthofen reading the Kronorium trying to figure out which fate leads to a better ending but he can only find one but it's not what he wants. In the Wardens office you see many notes on the table as well as a board on the wall with pictures and news articles. 

mgaxYIL.jpg

Upon a time

Down in a little room made just for me

I heard them whispering my name

And taking you away

Pain isn't the only gift I'll give you slowly

But I'll give it wholly and solely

To you

I've come to find

Mind and matter wandering without time

Then all the flowers combined

With all the souls that went blind

To see again

Time to make it all clearer

And if time never ceases I'll be ready to break the mirror

Drawn in a line

Sharp edges in the dark made just for me

I hear them waking the profane

And slithering in pain and

Withering away

Spoiler

Mind being the Zombies and Matter being the perk machines or world around. All the perks flash in and out of time as they were never ment to be there. "Then all the flowers went blind to see again" This gives me goosebumps because I believe this is telling us exactly why the zombie have Red Eyes. They went blind meaning there's no one in control of them guiding them. "Sharp edges made in the dark just for me I hear the waking the profane and slithering in pain and withering away" Edward stabbed these Zombies with edges so he could hear where the Zombies were at. Their screams waking "the profane" could be Brutus.

jmaZGAw.jpg

Death isn't the only gift I've given slowly

But I'll give it solely and only

To you

I glow in moonlight

You fall like rain

We'll take the ever-after

And turn it into pain

Your pain is the one thing that I feel inside me

That I have been hiding inside me for you

Your death is the singing I hear when I'm dreaming

And the bell I'll be ringing when I sing for you

Pain isn't the only gift I'll give you slowly

But I give it wholly and solely to

You

Spoiler

This bell is heard in Alcatraz on the Golden Gate bridge and in Nuketown. "I glow in the moonlight You fall rain" 

Perfect description as the time of day is set during the night time on MOTD and you do fall like the rain from Icarus on to the Golden Gate Bridge. Victis is to inherit the mission Richthofen knew he wouldn't be able to finish. However to buy him time He came to Alcatraz to collect blood vials from sal and fin. Victis is placed on ice so that they could be woken when the next time they were needed as noted in the time line.

N8shXtb.jpg

Ill be updating OP as I place more hair raising comparisons to MOTD and how "The Gift" is Victis! 

1 person likes this

Excellent work!!

Ever since I watched the theatrical mix trailer, I've for some reason felt like Monty was the POV.

"And I know it's him reigning like a storm again" felt like Monty was talking about how Shadowman had arrived at The House and was bringing about the apocalypse and all.