Info On Group 935

GROUP 935

"To improve the human condition."

— 935's motto
Group 935 was a scientific research group involved with the creation of most of the Wonder Weapon experiments. Their main facility was located near Breslau, Germany, (now known as Wroclaw, Poland) and was codenamed Der Riese, but they had many other facilities throughout the globe. Another main base of operations was Griffin Castle, codenamed "Eagle's Nest", where it acted at the launch site for their rockets to their Moon base, Griffin Station.

It is unknown if Group 935 is still active since Maxis' "death", Richtofen's betrayal and the destruction of Earth.

They are responsible for harvesting Element 115 and inventing most of the wonder weapons.

In the Origins timeline, after Richtofen killed his Original Timeline self, Dr. Groph becomes leader of Group 935 after Maxis' disappearance and Richtofen's loss of communication with him.

Dr. Maxis seemed to be intrigued by Element 115, and worked with it to create the Teleporters in Der Riese. He, along with his assistant Dr. Edward Richtofen, conducted a series of experiments to use these teleporters, most of which failed, thus creating the zombies and Hellhounds. One of Maxis' main priorities was to invade the Nevada base in America (Area 51), because it had a large supply of the Element 115.

PS: Hey guys this is my first post hope you liked it!

File-Group_935_Logo_Chronicles_Drawing_BO3.png                         

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

November 5th, 1945
Group 935 is disbanded.

Shortly after Samantha's takeover of Griffin Station, the death of Maxis, the lost of Der Riese and the disappearance of Richthofen and his test subjects, Group 935 is disbanded. Its members are taken by to US and Sovjet Union to work on their projects (Manhattan project, Space Race, teleporters, undead army, etc): The SU forms the Ascension Crew, and somewhat later, the US forms Broken Arrow, two groups which you can call "continuations" of Group 935.

Furthermore, you must know that 935 was originally an international organization: It had stations in Germany, France, Austria, Russia, Japan and even on the Moon. The 115 amount in Nevada was discovered later (1937) by the US government, around the time Group 935, led by Maxis, helped the Axis powers winning the war for money. I think that's why the Groom Lake (Nevada) never was a 935 station......or was it? We see a Group 935's type of an MTD in No Man's Land, leading to Group 935's Moon base. In Der Eisendrache, we even see camera shots of Groom Lake. IN Der Eisendrache! A 935 base! Maybe Groom Lake, a.k.a. Area 51, originated of a Group 935 base.

rBZ7wAx.png

Nice post, @Christian McCuaig, hope to see you more around the forums!

• Moderators
15 hours ago, anonymous said:

Shortly after Samantha's takeover of Griffin Station, the death of Maxis, the lost of Der Riese and the disappearance of Richthofen and his test subjects, Group 935 is disbanded. Its members are taken by to US and Sovjet Union to work on their projects (Manhattan project, Space Race, teleporters, undead army, etc): The SU forms the Ascension Crew, and somewhat later, the US forms Broken Arrow, two groups which you can call "continuations" of Group 935.

Furthermore, you must know that 935 was originally an international organization: It had stations in Germany, France, Austria, Russia, Japan and even on the Moon. The 115 amount in Nevada was discovered later (1937) by the US government, around the time Group 935, led by Maxis, helped the Axis powers winning the war for money. I think that's why the Groom Lake (Nevada) never was a 935 station......or was it? We see a Group 935's type of an MTD in No Man's Land, leading to Group 935's Moon base. In Der Eisendrache, we even see camera shots of Groom Lake. IN Der Eisendrache! A 935 base! Maybe Groom Lake, a.k.a. Area 51, originated of a Group 935 base.

Nice post, @Christian McCuaig, hope to see you more around the forums!

Not to mention the appearance of Doctor Schuster in the Nuketown loading screen, if we are to believe it takes place at Nuketown, which is a stone's throw away from Area 51 apparently.

To me it would make no sense for Group 935 as a whole to be working with the American government considering their alliance with the Nazi Party. My theory is Richtofen's splinter group was working with them in some capacity, establishing their base in Nevada and using it as a source of 115 for their Moon projects. It would help explain where Richtofen managed to get all the funding and equipment to build Griffin Station. In return, he may have been channeling 935 secrets to the US.

It's also possible Richtofen could have just used his clout as a scientist to convince the US to let him operate at Area 51 as he saw fit. Perhaps he is the one that essentially "won" the US the Space Race, allowing them to travel to the Moon freely with his MTD after 935 fell.

Either way, the US honored Richtofen enough to make a portrait of him and place it up in the Pentagon. That is why I think he was working with them.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

To me it would make no sense for Group 935 as a whole to be working with the American government considering their alliance with the Nazi Party. My theory is Richtofen's splinter group was working with them in some capacity, establishing their base in Nevada and using it as a source of 115 for their Moon projects.

That is something I have thought about too, but in the new Moon Remastered in Zombie Chronicles, we see German Iron Crosses everywhere (if ZC is canon). But you are true by saying Richthofen's splinter of 935 created Griffin Station: Once Maxis arrived there, he said "what is this place", clearly not have seen it before. In the Der Eisendrache fracture, though, Maxis MUST have known of Griffin Station, so perhaps the German Griffin Station of ZC is not in the original universe, but in the DE fracture.

March 13th, 1940
Construction of Griffin Station on the Moon begins. Frustrated with Maxis’ alignment with Germany, other disgruntled Group 935 scientists join the cause.

I guess your theory is right. Could indeed explain Richthofen's portrait in the Pentagon.

EDIT: Wait, that is not logical at all. The DE fracture was created after Primis shot Doctor Richthofen, after the fight between Richthofen and Maxis. They did not liked each other in that universe. So I guess there was a Richthofen splinter in that fracture too.... Yet Maxis knew of Griffin Station.

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, anonymous said:

That is something I have thought about too, but in the new Moon Remastered in Zombie Chronicles, we see German Iron Crosses everywhere (if ZC is canon). But you are true by saying Richthofen's splinter of 935 created Griffin Station: Once Maxis arrived there, he said "what is this place", clearly not have seen it before. In the Der Eisendrache fracture, though, Maxis MUST have known of Griffin Station, so perhaps the German Griffin Station of ZC is not in the original universe, but in the DE fracture.

I guess your theory is right. Could indeed explain Richthofen's portrait in the Pentagon.

EDIT: Wait, that is not logical at all. The DE fracture was created after Primis shot Doctor Richthofen, after the fight between Richthofen and Maxis. They did not liked each other in that universe. So I guess there was a Richthofen splinter in that fracture too.... Yet Maxis knew of Griffin Station.

I'm curious, where does Maxis mention knowing of Griffin Station in DE? Or is it just an assumption based on the computers displaying the Station?

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

I'm curious, where does Maxis mention knowing of Griffin Station in DE? Or is it just an assumption based on the computers displaying the Station?

Yeah, that and the fact that the Eagle's Nest is basically the bridge between Earth and Griffin Station: The Launchpad's, the rockets, the projector showing images of GS and Area 51 are all way too obvious to keep secret from Maxis.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Yeah, that and the fact that the Eagle's Nest is basically the bridge between Earth and Griffin Station: The Launchpad's, the rockets, the projector showing images of GS and Area 51 are all way too obvious to keep secret from Maxis.

I agree that would be hard to hide, however, consider this from the timeline:

December 20th, 1942

• Accompanied by Sophia, Maxis is transferred to the Kino facility to focus on creating Germany's undead army. Samantha is left in Richtofen's care.

July 15th, 1945

• Richtofen travels to the Siberian Facility to do further research on "live specimens". As her temporary guardian, he takes Samantha with him. Group 935 begins transferring three test subjects for experimentation: Nikolai, Pablo, and Takeo.

Every mention after December 20th, 1942 of Maxis refers to his work on trying to control the undead. Then in:

September 24th, 1945

• Maxis returns to Der Riese. He orders Richtofen to do likewise so they may continue their work on the Matter Transference Device.

The timeline implies Maxis was stationed at the Kino facility for almost 3 years. I believe he would have left every so often, but not for long periods of time, and probably not as far as Der Eisendrache, more likely to Der Riese, or to wherever his daughter was at the time. 1942 is also the year Griffin Station is completed and likely when operations between it and Earth were established. I think in the three years time Richtofen's people could have made all the additions that we see in the 1945 version in-game. Maxis had really no idea what Richtofen was doing for that entire time, entrusting him with many responsibilities, even allowing him to take custody of his own daughter (idiotic move, to be honest). I actually wouldn't be too shocked if Richtofen told Maxis that Griffin Station existed, but that it was somewhere on Earth.

You neeed to know that after Samantha ran into the MPD and talked with her father, he asked her to use her powers to kill the Group 935 Members. I guess that after the Original Primis Crew went to Der Riese, the Group 935 already dissapeared :/ 

Archived