Wonder fizz : Only new or all perks? Poll

Should all perks be available or just ones not on the map?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In zombies chronicles, most maps (Nact, verruct, snn, kino, ascension, shangri-la, and Moon) have it so all the perks in the wonder fizz are perks that ARNT on the map. I personally am against this as it makes it really easy to get perks like windows wine and stamin-up in verruct and shi no nu ma where they become quite OP. Also I feel it takes away a bit of the gamble in spinning the random perk machine.

Furthermore it quenches certain strategies like how in ascension you could open neither way to jugg and get it from the wonderfizz, effectively making one less perk to guard on monkey rounds at the risk of not having access to jug immediantly and possibly having to spend more for it. 

However I'm currious to how other people think about only getting perks that arnt on the map from the wonder fizz. Does this work better OR worse on previous maps and would you like that to change if possible? 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on both sides. I don't think they should be in. But at the same time, there are only so many iterations of a map you can do without it being the same. I guess it also depends on the map.

Like for Nacht, Mule Kick is good on this map. But with Wunderfizz, no one is going to buy it. At the same time, it's kind of fun playing Nacht with an array of new perks.

Widows Wine seems to be a bad perk to get on Moon. When zombies attack you, those explosions can decompress the labs/Receiving Bay. It also looks like it's the cause of a glitch with the Cosmonaut who instadowns you when you are teleported. And with the lack of PhD Flopper, the jump pads are more of a threat now.

I'm also not sure why Electric Cherry was not included.

in ascension i just let the monkeys take all my perks, at around round 40 monkeys get a bit hard to defend all your perks, it better to just rebuy them. in other maps i don't see it as being overpowered, if you really want to stay true to the old forms of the maps just don't buy them, 

9 hours ago, KlowniiN- said:

in ascension i just let the monkeys take all my perks, at around round 40 monkeys get a bit hard to defend all your perks, it better to just rebuy them. in other maps i don't see it as being overpowered, if you really want to stay true to the old forms of the maps just don't buy them, 

Thats not really the issue here. 

With stamin-up and ww, those perks are outside in the open and will be taken either way, however jugg (and possibly a couple of others) are inside a completely sealed off room. MEANING, if you can get jug without opening either entrance to the perk, there isn't anything the monkeys can ever do to get it. As it stands currently there are only 2 ways to get jug without opening the room: Survive a monkey round without letting them steal any perks, then getting lucky. Or using one of the various gum balls. 

What this effectively means is that by poping perkaholic, even if you can't fend off any monkeys before they take all your perks, you're going to be left with jugg when the round ends (as well as double tap and dead shot). 

To me, that seems like having perkaholic specifically can give a massive advantage to high-round players as it allows them to focus on defending perks other than jug. 

What I purpose is to put jug in the wonder fizz (as well as the other missing perks). That way EVERYONE can do that same strategy without the need to bring in perkaholic, however they risk going down and not having instant access to jug due to it being locked behind a wall of RNG. 

12 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

I'm on both sides. I don't think they should be in. But at the same time, there are only so many iterations of a map you can do without it being the same. I guess it also depends on the map.

Like for Nacht, Mule Kick is good on this map. But with Wunderfizz, no one is going to buy it. At the same time, it's kind of fun playing Nacht with an array of new perks.

Widows Wine seems to be a bad perk to get on Moon. When zombies attack you, those explosions can decompress the labs/Receiving Bay. It also looks like it's the cause of a glitch with the Cosmonaut who instadowns you when you are teleported. And with the lack of PhD Flopper, the jump pads are more of a threat now.

I'm also not sure why Electric Cherry was not included.

I think you're hitting slightly left of the mark in understanding. (or I am with your explanation). 

Right now on moon with WW or in nacht with MK, the wonder fizz machine will never despence those perks because you can buy them elsewhere in the map. 

For the wonderfizz to work as I'd think it should be intended, all 9 of the perks should be in the wonderfizz. 

To be clear I'm not talking about the ethics of the perks being on the map at all, but rather, why are perks exclusively NOT on the map the ONLY perks in the wonder fizz. 

It'd be like playing der eisendrache and only being able to get windows wine, dead shot, or electric cherry from the wonder fizz. 

On 31/05/2017 at 6:49 AM, KlowniiN- said:

I don't have it yet as I'm on PC, but when I do I'll likely pretty much just abuse Perkaholic on Ascension. Keep both doors to Jugg closed, and just use Perkaholic to get all the perks. Then just grab Perkaholic if I lose important perks during a monkey round.

On 6/1/2017 at 2:00 AM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Right now on moon with WW or in nacht with MK, the wonder fizz machine will never despence those perks because you can buy them elsewhere in the map. 

For the wonderfizz to work as I'd think it should be intended, all 9 of the perks should be in the wonderfizz.

Ah my mistake. I actually didn't realize that was a thing. Hope they fix it then.

• 4 weeks later...

I only have two perk complaints. 

1. The frequency of deadshot in the wunderfiz is infuriating. Why is it not just a roll of the dice completely random?

2. Of all the random BO2 perks to have in BO3, they pick Electric Cherry -_- I feel like between that, Tombstone, Whose Who, and Vulture Aid that was the lamest one. I so do miss my Vulture Aid... My favorite perk. 

• 1 year later...

I'm late, but I'll opine on this.

With all perks in WF: In SNN for instance, one could simply buy Storage and get all perks for less than original price, while maintaining the best camp spots, effectively destroying the spirit of the map. I would have fun with it, but I can see why they passed on it.

Ascension, you kind of have a point, but maybe they wanted Perkaholic to have that extra power.

On Verrückt, it would make the game odd by getting all perks from WF, but I can't see much advantage map-wise in either direction. You just get all the perks in one spot for cheaper, which I can't see them designing it that way as it again defeats the purpose of opening the map up (like SNN).

On NDU, it is fantastic to have the choices available, and MK is never too far away if you want it. But again, why give MK for only 1500 if it is already standing nearby in the map? Frankly, it would irk me to see it pop up in WF.

I'm just glad these extra perks were added. I can play SNN sans QR and grab SU for training or W'sW for camping under the steps, without giving myself extra downs, while maintaining that "only 1 life" WaW survival feeling.

That's my thoughts.  Happy gaming!

Archived