Rifts, Fractures and alternative universes

anonymous

• Moderators

With the release of the Zombies Timeline (take a look here if you haven't seen it already: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13mvveTKpC-z1-bPLIMPBGnTerlsr-NgdLaIudg948Dk/mobilebasic#h.pl40pfsur8rq), I think we are given a bit more info about how the Multiverse, and messing it up, works. I would like to note that a few members of this site pointed everything of this out to me, and all I did is writing it down.

ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSES, or parallel universes, are the various universes the Multiverse consists of. See the Multiverse as a big bubble, containing a lot of smaller bubbles within. Or a big room, containing many boxes within. These small bubbles or boxes are alternative universes, and for as far as we know, the Multiverse holds at least 2210 alternative universes, but possible thousands and thousands more. Examples of alternative universes are the 63th universe (Origins, MotD and SoE), the 2210th universe (in which Richthofen's soul is innocent), the original timeline and our own, real universe.

Doctor Monty: "The universe... is big. Really big. So try to imagine the biggest thing that you can, and then imagine you're waaaay off. It's a million, billion, trillion, eh... zillion? - times bigger than that. Actually, don't worry about the size, it's fucking huge. We'll just leave it at that. More important than it's humongous proportions, is the fact that the universe is a living, breathing thing. Ever changing, ever shifting. Existing across and beyond time and space itself. With me so far?"

FRACTURES are fractures of existing alternative universes. Split offs. A universe that diverged from an already existing one. They are created by using a MTD or teleported, with which you displace an object or subject to a location where it should not be. You change how reality should be, you change the timeline, and therefore a fracture of that universe is created. Another possibility to create a fracture is to travel through time and do something (or kill someone), so that universe would be different than it was supposed to be. Because of Group 935's experiments with 115 and Matter Transference, and Primis' interventions and time travelling, the Original Zombies Timeline (lets say that's Universe 1) has many fractures:

The Deceptio Fracture: Once Primis travelled through time and killed Richthofen in the Der Riese Waffenfabrik, they changed history (or in their case future), and a fracture of the Original Timeline was created: One without Doctor Richthofen. The Giant and Der Eisendtache take place in this fracture.

The Proditione Fracture: A fracture of the original timeline (probably created by accident by Group 935) in which Division 9's Rising Sun Facility is overrun by the undead. As a result, the Island Facility is created. Zetsubou No Shima takes place in this fracture.

The Agonia Fracture: A fracture in which Group 935 is succeed in creating Dragons, and the Red Army is succeed in creating Giant Metal Men. These two inventions cause the Battle of Stalingrad to be a lot more bloodier, and ends later. Brock and Gary are killed by admospheric freak events and JFK and Castro are killed in the Pentagon in this fracture.

Since Group 935 has done many experiments with the Matter Transference Device, it is likely that ALOT of fractures exist. Note that all known fractures are split-offs of Universe 1.

Doctor Monty: "Alright, so you got this universe, this big, changing, already volatile universe, and then you shatter it with a hammer. A metaphorical hammer. And it cracks and splinters into a million other universes. All coexisting at exactly the same time

Doctor Monty: "You were fragmented across a multitude of different realities, but each and every one is basically the same. You are all you. The liar, the buggart, the drunk - the one who didn't know what he had, until it was gone. The good soldier - never disobeyed orders, never broke protocol, still kicked ass all the same. The loyal servant - a warrior out of time, born too late or born too early, unabound to dying traditions. The man-child - broken and twisted by a life burdened with knowledge, living like a soul who is perpetually drowning."

RIFTS make things more complicated. It are permanent portals that are basically tears, or tunnels in one universe or fracture, connecting it with another universe or fracture. A Rift can be created in different ways: A ritual, the usage of the Summoning Key, a specific music disk, and more. But the two things that had the most impact on creating Rifts, were the following two events:

From Der Riese, ultimis is teleports to Kino. This marks the first time ultimis travels across space and time. Temporal Rifts occur across dimensions.

They launch missiles at Earth, leaving it fractured and broken. The Earth fracturing triggers further Temporal Rifts,  

The first one was shooting a MTD (DG-1) with a Wunderwaffe DG-2. This overloaded the MTD, causing to create a Rift and sending Ultimis through space and time. The second one is about the Moon missile's hitting Earth, of which @Tac and @Rissole25 may have find something interesting on Moon in ZC.

But such Rift creating events have not only effect on that current place and particular time.

September 20th, 1318.
Temporal Rift teleports Arthur to Resolution 1295 in 2025 Angola.

June 15th, 1942.
A result of temporal rifts in 1963 Kino, Monty reaches across time and offers little nudges.

September 2nd, 1945.
Temporal Rifts begin to affect the Asylum facility. An Orderly reports increasing problems with test subjects. Many in the facility have begun hearing voices coming from the walls, including the sobbing of a boy and a girl, screaming, and “a man shouting for children to close the windows.”

Rifts affect the whole universe, and in the whole Timeline, so also after and before a "Rift-creating event" has occurred. Rifts can explain extraordinary things: The wall weapons, perk machines and wall writings. But Rifts also may explain odd objects in places you would not expect: The 1975 note in Kino for example.

Doctor Monty: "Where'd you think all these magic weapon boxes come from? The chalk drawings on the wall? The magic ammo drops? The gumball machines? Do I need to go on or do you get the message? I just hope you appreciate it."

Beside cross-universal travel, Rifts also prove (in SoE or Revelations for example) to make travel within one universe possible.

So now in short: The multiverse exists of thousands of seperate universes: One with humans with only one arm, one without humans, and much more. All alternative, parallel universes existing next to each other in one big Multiverse. Group 935 accidently splitter up some universes: Fractures, universes that diverge from already existing alternative universes. Fractures are not so much different from each other as alternative universes are: In some fractures the Swastika is replaced by the Iron Cross, in some universes the Battle of Stalingrad took longer, in some universes Richthofen is dead and more of such small differences. Rifts are some kind of portals or tunnels between different universes or fractures. Rifts exist permanent, and they won't naturally disappear, although manual (by using specific devices or with the help of a higher being), Rifts are able to disappear, and are in that way temporary.

But we are not there: Think of Shadows of Evil and Mob of the Dead. What are those "universes". They are nor alternative universes nor fractures. Even Blundell himself said that "Mob of the Dead was something different". A big mystery indeed, and one that proves that we are far from done with the understanding of the Multiverse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is all pretty spot on. Especially your definition of fractures. It seems to me it's like almost Cod zombies version of the multi world theory when it comes to time travel. If you travel to the past and do something, you essentially create another parallel universe. So in this case, with 935 constantly using 115, there are many many universes or "fractures."

Monty makes it sounds like it's unnatural and unstable because he says in the beginning time was linear, so it wasn't branching like it is now. The rifts are probably caused by this instability and messing with all the dimensions by putting things where they don't belong. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Monopoly Mac said:

If you travel to the past and do something, you essentially create another parallel universe

I agree with you there, but during BO1 I believe it was a fact that MTD's were only able in forward-time travel, not backward. The Groph part in DE kinda destroy that fact, although that might be discussable, since Groph does not see Primis, so I guess this is no normal time travel.

On top of that, I believe Richthofen was genuine surprised when overloading an MTD and time travelling or the first time. So I guess Group 935 has never done that before.

But just teleport random objects over the globe, without timetravel, might mess up linear timelines too....

Speaking of fractures.

Primis Richtofen enters a rift to give his younger self the Blood vials.

June 4th, 1914 - Richtofen is visited by another version of himself. Handing him some blood vials, he explains - "you will need this blood. When the time comes, it will protect you." before stepping back through the rift.

Not only that, he reads the Kronorium which contains knowledge of all timelines.

Giving his younger self some object from another dimension should have caused some fractures ? Not only that reading the Kronorium is a curse.

As explained by one of the comic ciphers

Its knowledge is a curse

He also meets with his future self.

July 4th, 1941 - Primis arrives to collect the Victis blood samples from Richtofen. Following Primis departure, Richtofen learns the location of the Summoning Key and travels to his next destination.

His future self tells him the location of the Summoning Key, I mean it doesn't matters at that point since the Kronorium reveals the actions of the past, present and future.

All of that and he didn't trigger fractures across space-time ?

Maxis did say something interesting.

THE FRAGILITY OF MEMORY - Maxis notes that teleportation and travel between dimensions could have a profound impact on the mind. He fears that the confusion causes by the collision of memories past, present, and future could lead to the collapse of reality itself.

That's what Richtofen did, gave his past self some blood vials while his present is continuing the journey and meets with his future self that tells him of things he haven't experienced.

Shouldn't that collapse the reality itself ?

I wonder if that's the effect of the curse, from what I know it ensure his survival.

As Only the Cursed Survive, he even mention it in Revelations.

Curses come in many forms, I keep mine hidden .. I learnt long ago that sometimes only the Cursed survive

Many forms of curses, the Blood vials, the knowledge obtained from the Kronorium, maybe even Afterlife and SOE Mark ?

What are your thoughts ?

• Moderators

@TezFunz Although I'm not sure if you're right, I have never thought about that and its very well-thought. The thing about Richthofen giving bloodvials to his younger self is, what I believe, fate. There is no Timeline without Primis Richthofen stepping through a Rift, giving younger Richthofen the bloodvials, and therefore it is no fracture. It was supposed to go like that. It is destiny.

Your explanation about the Curse and the Kronorium is pretty interesting too. It reminded me immediately of this:

Spoiler

Only_the_Cursed_Survive_zombies_BO3.jpg

A zombie in a lab coat, carrying what I believe is the Kronorium. Above it says: Only the Cursed will survive. It must have some importance...but what exactly is a mystery indeed.

On 5/24/2017 at 2:21 PM, anonymous said:

With the release of the Zombies Timeline (take a look here if you haven't seen it already: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13mvveTKpC-z1-bPLIMPBGnTerlsr-NgdLaIudg948Dk/mobilebasic#h.pl40pfsur8rq), I think we are given a bit more info about how the Multiverse, and messing it up, works. I would like to note that a few members of this site pointed everything of this out to me, and all I did is writing it down.

ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSES, or parallel universes, are the various universes the Multiverse consists of. See the Multiverse as a big bubble, containing a lot of smaller bubbles within. Or a big room, containing many boxes within. These small bubbles or boxes are alternative universes, and for as far as we know, the Multiverse holds at least 2210 alternative universes, but possible thousands and thousands more. Examples of alternative universes are the 63th universe (Origins, MotD and SoE), the 2210th universe (in which Richthofen's soul is innocent), the original timeline and our own, real universe.

FRACTURES are fractures of existing alternative universes. Split offs. A universe that diverged from an already existing one. They are created by using a MTD or teleported, with which you displace an object or subject to a location where it should not be. You change how reality should be, you change the timeline, and therefore a fracture of that universe is created. Another possibility to create a fracture is to travel through time and do something (or kill someone), so that universe would be different than it was supposed to be. Because of Group 935's experiments with 115 and Matter Transference, and Primis' interventions and time travelling, the Original Zombies Timeline (lets say that's Universe 1) has many fractures:

The Deceptio Fracture: Once Primis travelled through time and killed Richthofen in the Der Riese Waffenfabrik, they changed history (or in their case future), and a fracture of the Original Timeline was created: One without Doctor Richthofen. The Giant and Der Eisendtache take place in this fracture.

The Proditione Fracture: A fracture of the original timeline (probably created by accident by Group 935) in which Division 9's Rising Sun Facility is overrun by the undead. As a result, the Island Facility is created. Zetsubou No Shima takes place in this fracture.

The Agonia Fracture: A fracture in which Group 935 is succeed in creating Dragons, and the Red Army is succeed in creating Giant Metal Men. These two inventions cause the Battle of Stalingrad to be a lot more bloodier, and ends later. Brock and Gary are killed by admospheric freak events and JFK and Castro are killed in the Pentagon in this fracture.

Since Group 935 has done many experiments with the Matter Transference Device, it is likely that ALOT of fractures exist. Note that all known fractures are split-offs of Universe 1.

RIFTS make things more complicated. It are permanent portals that are basically tears, or tunnels in one universe or fracture, connecting it with another universe or fracture. A Rift can be created in different ways: A ritual, the usage of the Summoning Key, a specific music disk, and more. But the two things that had the most impact on creating Rifts, were the following two events:

The first one was shooting a MTD (DG-1) with a Wunderwaffe DG-2. This overloaded the MTD, causing to create a Rift and sending Ultimis through space and time. The second one is about the Moon missile's hitting Earth, of which @Tac and @Rissole25 may have find something interesting on Moon in ZC.

But such Rift creating events have not only effect on that current place and particular time.

Rifts affect the whole universe, and in the whole Timeline, so also after and before a "Rift-creating event" has occurred. Rifts can explain extraordinary things: The wall weapons, perk machines and wall writings. But Rifts also may explain odd objects in places you would not expect: The 1975 note in Kino for example.

Beside cross-universal travel, Rifts also prove (in SoE or Revelations for example) to make travel within one universe possible.

So now in short: The multiverse exists of thousands of seperate universes: One with humans with only one arm, one without humans, and much more. All alternative, parallel universes existing next to each other in one big Multiverse. Group 935 accidently splitter up some universes: Fractures, universes that diverge from already existing alternative universes. Fractures are not so much different from each other as alternative universes are: In some fractures the Swastika is replaced by the Iron Cross, in some universes the Battle of Stalingrad took longer, in some universes Richthofen is dead and more of such small differences. Rifts are some kind of portals or tunnels between different universes or fractures. Rifts exist permanent, and they won't naturally disappear, although manual (by using specific devices or with the help of a higher being), Rifts are able to disappear, and are in that way temporary.

But we are not there: Think of Shadows of Evil and Mob of the Dead. What are those "universes". They are nor alternative universes nor fractures. Even Blundell himself said that "Mob of the Dead was something different". A big mystery indeed, and one that proves that we are far from done with the understanding of the Multiverse.

I agree with this whole prompt that you wrote it is very true and the thing about mob of the dead and shadows of evil it is very true they are not very attached to the Richthofen and friends story ( i'm so sorry for calling it that) and you sir make a great point to this theory.

Archived