What would you like in the next Treyarch game

jiipee95

Okay so the title is quite self explanatory. What would you like to see in the next Treyarch title if zombies mode returns? What things you would add, take away or change from BO3 zombies? Would you like to have the original crew or do you think there should be new characters introduced to the story?

I'll start off with the things that bothers me the most in BO3, Gobblegums. I'd take them off completely. Or change it so they wouldn't be overpowered. No Mega-gobblegum sorta thing, unlimited everything, just no more gobblegums that are like Perkaholic etc... Of course then gobblegums kinda lose their power. If they return, I'd like to see more of those whimsical gobblegums that makes the game funny without really affecting the difficulty.

Double pack-a-punch I definitely want to return, but I'd like to change it a lot. Right now it's kinda making every wall weapon a wonder weapon and ruining the random box (yes, now in chronicles zombie maps + Gorod Krovi and Revelations the actual wonder weapons are in the box so it is still useful). But what I wanted the double pack-a-puch to be is more base damage and maybe more ammo, for a greater cost (for example 25000 points). Not in a way that it's overpowered, but that it helps to keep the weapons still effective, but if you're careless you're gonna run out of ammo.

I'm on the edge with all the extra stuff we have in the maps nowadays. I don't mind any extra quests, things to unlock, easter eggs etc... They are fun to do. But not every time! Some maps in BO3 managed to do this better than others. Gorod Krovi is amazing, ZNS is the opposite. I know things are not going back to WAW or BO1 simple maps, and I think it's a good thing. I just think all the quest kinda stuff should be on the side and you could pick up any map easily. Now it takes a lot of learning for a single map. And today I played SOE for the first time in like 6 months or something and I was just lost on where things were etc.

I like the original crew so much that it almost hurts to say that I'd like the next game to focus on a different group. Maybe give the old crew one map just for the sake of nostalgia, but I don't know how they would make the old crew go on a mission again so it would fit in the existing storyline. I hope they can though, but I don't mind fresh characters either.

And I kinda want the level up system, prestiges etc return as well. I just wish that every weapon has the ability for modifications then, otherwise the system has been pretty functional.

Anyways let's hear others opinions as well and get some discussion :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

>Well, at first I would like the story AND the Easter Eggs scientific explainable. Maps like Ascension and Moon, but basically all of Zielinski's maps have an Easter egg that actually makes sense. BO3 has rather the opposite: Shoot that button with the wonderweapon (even the wonderweapons are not scientific explainable anymore btw) and it causes a random object appear.... I think this point is very underestimated. If the developers put some more time in the science behind the gameplay, it would result it such things:

I always post my theories in "story discussion", because it are mostly my own thoughts without much investigation on the internet. That is what Asylum posts are: Theories with proof from scientific or mythological real existing things! So this point does not only go for science: The developers also should put more effort in including real myths, conspiracy theories and religious legends in the story. In BO3, the only real things that I've hear were Ragnarok and Nan Madol.... The Keepers, Apothicans.....all made up.

That is my most important point: Make the ingame stuff real again: Both sciencific and mythological.

>My other point is to make the maps scary again, but not in the way you might think I mean with "scary". With scary I don't mean more hanging men, more dead bodies and more skeletons. With scary I mean that weird kind of scary that was especially seen in WaW's Nazi Zombies. The wall with all the wallwritings in Verruckt is a good example of that. Or the dark Samantha's room in Kino der Toten. The teddy bears. The wallwritings. The mystery box and the mystery closet (in Nacht). Samantha, a little giggling yet evil girl. That insane, almost childish creepyness. You know what I mean?

> Another point: Make the locations as realistic as possible. Stalingrad, the location it self and the fact that it looked the same as in WaW was awesome. But in real life, Stalingrad WAS never zombie-infected. There were no giant robots and dragons. I would prefer a location with more mysteriousness, like Nan Madol. The bad point about Zetsubou No Shima was that in there Nan Madol never was a military station. Hohenwerfen castle was in real life nothing more than a normal prison in WW2. Morg City does not even exist! I would be more keen on real locations surrounded with real mysteries, like Tiergartenstraße 4, Der Riese facility and Unit 731's mysterious HQ in Manchuria.

If these three points are done correctly, I'm pretty sure Treyarch Zombies would get more mature players back.

I would like them to take it back to the more simple maps. Really bring it back to the core game mode that it once was. Don't get me wrong, I would still like PAP etc but even if they brought out some maps that weren't so story based and revolved around doing so many quests just to unlock PAP or special weapons.

I really liked the ranking system in BO3 and I hope they bring that back next time around! :)

• Moderators
Just now, Blurryface said:

I would like them to take it back to the more simple maps. Really bring it back to the core game mode that it once was. Don't get me wrong, I would still like PAP etc but even if they brought out some maps that weren't so story based and revolved around doing so many quests just to unlock PAP or special weapons.

I really liked the ranking system in BO3 and I hope they bring that back next time around! :)

Ah, a true old-school veteran speaking here :P

More zombies maps per DLC. I understand there being a few multiplayer maps and one zombies map back in previous titles, but zombies has become so popular now. Arguably just as popular, or even more popular, than multiplayer mode. Blundell has said that their aim with Black Ops III was to make a real variety of zombies maps, so that there's something for everyone. Problem there is, paying for all the DLCs when you might end up only liking one or two of the maps, is never fun. If there were more zombies maps per DLC, then there can be more variety covered per DLC and would be something for everyone per DLC rather than per game.

Even if it's just two maps per DLC, you could have something for the people that like a more back-to-basics map without loads of stupid quests that take ages just to open the PaP and instead take just a few minutes, and you're given the option to undertake quests to get better weapons and stuff (like Der Eisendrache), and also include a more convoluted map that seems to be less about the zombie slaying and more about running around finding stuff (like Shadows or Zetsubou).

Other than that, removing features that have proven popular isn't something I think will be on Treyarch's agenda, so Gobblegums and Double PaP will likely remain as they are. Sure, us old-skoolers mostly weren't happy to see them introduced, but a lot of us have grown accustomed to them now and moved with the times I guess.

Guest woj9000

>Well, at first I would like the story AND the Easter Eggs scientific explainable. Maps like Ascension and Moon, but basically all of Zielinski's maps have an Easter egg that actually makes sense. BO3 has rather the opposite: Shoot that button with the wonderweapon (even the wonderweapons are not scientific explainable anymore btw) and it causes a random object appear.... I think this point is very underestimated. If the developers put some more time in the science behind the gameplay, it would result it such things:

I agree 100% with keeping the story more scientifically explainable. Blundell's "monsters taking over the world" approach to the storyline with our heroes, Keepers, and Apothicons, just doesn't settle with me. In my opinion, the back story is most interesting in the Zielinski maps b/c of his incorporation and nods to Nazi occultism: things like the Wonder Weapon programs, time travel, contact with aliens or subterranean races, and trying to raise an undead army. That's what got me hooked to the hidden storyline in the first place.

11 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Other than that, removing features that have proven popular isn't something I think will be on Treyarch's agenda, so Gobblegums and Double PaP will likely remain as they are. Sure, us old-skoolers mostly weren't happy to see them introduced, but a lot of us have grown accustomed to them now and moved with the times I guess.

True, they are popular features but could have been done better. The main thing bothering me is how they are a bit overpowered features and take away from other previous features. Like wonder weapons now have to be really really good so there's any point in using them, Ray gun is basically useless compared to every wall weapon there is, random box is also useless in maps where you don't have the wonder weapon in the box... Of course there's always the "well you don't have to use double pack-a-punch or gobblegums" 

4 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

True, they are popular features but could have been done better. The main thing bothering me is how they are a bit overpowered features and take away from other previous features. Like wonder weapons now have to be really really good so there's any point in using them, Ray gun is basically useless compared to every wall weapon there is, random box is also useless in maps where you don't have the wonder weapon in the box... Of course there's always the "well you don't have to use double pack-a-punch or gobblegums" 

Yeah, I mean like I said, us OGs weren't happy with them and it does take away from what the game used to be - there was always an emphasis on strategy back then and every map had a different strategy. Now it's just, either do a load of steps to get the Wonderweapon or get it out of the box and either camp or train with it, someone will have put a good area up on YouTube - no need to worry about ammo anymore, Gobblegums have you covered; or if there isn't one or it's slow, then get Dead Wire and/or Blast Furnace and find a good spot to train with that, and buy ammo off the wall when needed. But yeah, I just don't see those features being removed or nerfed or all the newbies will throw a bitch-fit on Twitter, whereas the OGs are more likely to either just deal with it or not play the map I guess.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

I think it would be cool if they made a map on the Titanic, ooooh or maybe they could bring back the Ultimis crew and TOTALLY SHEDS LIGHT ON FIVE! Would love a battle royale mode, but who knows maybe all that is too much to ask for ?

For real though, based on your old responses, how do you all feel about the game?

Sadly, I've not seen IV or even much of BO3 yet...but I'm with Blurryface, along with the complex busywork maps, I'd like simple ones; play, die, repeat. Not chasing parts or killing zombies in tiny rooms to unlock something, dying on round 1-8 after an hour of busywork.

Fixes; 

1. Last zombies don't run (unless it is already a runner). The last zombie always running at you is simply less fun. It's just annoying.

2. Zombies don't respawn (with certain necessary exceptions). I've literally had nightmares over the last WaW zombie shambling after me no matter where I go. While on BO3, I can run 20 feet and turn to shoot the horde, only they respawned. Or a zombie is chasing me, then a zombie jumps out of a window in front of me, I kill it, and it is the last zombie that was just behind me somehow (ugh, lame). This really hurt the fun and scariness of the game quite a lot.

3. Game evolution. It used to be;  early game farm points, then camp until overrun, then train. We need decent solo camp spots. I'm a great trainer/kiter, but I don't want to only run in circles for hours. The biggest thrill in zombies is standing my ground. Let the game evolve as the rounds go up. Sadly, the camp and move strategy of 360's SOE does not work in XB1's SOE, which really hurts the gameplay. (I love camping the KDT steps until overrun, or 360's SOE Canal-camp strategy, and I use it in my minimap SNN that I posted yesterday).

4. Reduced busywork. Origins was a marathon. Fun for us hardcore players, but it wears thin. Maybe once you've built some busywork items, they could be pre-built in future games (possibly an option that can be turned on/off).

5. Malleability: Let us shape the game (I hear IV has done this, and BO3 did this as well; you can make the game harder or easier with GG and such). Have a "leaderboard" mode, with set difficulties (no mega GG use, for example), and let us tinker with the rest. Again, I hear the BO IV has similar, which sounds good.

6. Small maps along with the large. Tranzit was poorly done, but the idea was almost right. (I've chopped up SOE into survival maps in my MOAR thread, it works beautifully for short games). But they don't need to be part of any main map, just make small maps with a few perks, a few doors, and some camp and training areas. Let 4 randoms hop into a game and camp a dead end until overrun/repeat, just like WaW.

That's my views. To me, WaW is still the best maps (and maybe the BO3 reprints) for these reasons. Also, the gore, which I know won't return, but it is cool.

Happy gaming all!

Archived