Sign in to follow this  
STASIBOMB

Double Tap + Double PaP

STASIBOMB    3

Couldn't find any obvious answers or threads about this. Can someone clarify please:

Does Double Tap make the gun effect from Double PaP happen more often than without Double Tap?

I ask because I was comparing a vid of RelaxingEnd with Double Tap, and myself without and he seemed to get the effect way more often (Thundergun and ICR with deadwire). 

I also hears iisteveii complaining about double PaP effect being slow and he hated not having double tap. 

Clarify Please!

Rissole25    378

I always assumed Double Pap effects were on a hidden timer. And the only way to shorten it is with that GobbleGum that will activate those effects more often. So I don't think Double Tap would effect it, but I don't know 100%.

Lenne    414

I am in the same boat as Rissole. At least with dead wire I am sure double tap does nothing.

STASIBOMB    3

Thanks for that.

I'll run a test so that we can be certain.

Will let you guys know for sure by the end of next week.

STASIBOMB    3

I've looked into it. Double Tap definitely affects Turned. No convincing evidence to show Double Tap affects any of the other special ammos. There is a suggestion that it may actually affect deadwire; but this is incoclusive.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have thought so. Dead Wire for example "recharges" around every 5 seconds, and that doesn't change when Double Tap is applied. It might make it appear that it activates more often with full-auto weapons because the fire rate is increased, therefore creating more opportunities for the special ammo to activate from a short burst of shots due to an increased number of bullets being fired within that burst.

• Like 1

STASIBOMB    3

Ay, I discovered that Double PaP effects are based on a cooldown. After this cooldown there is a % chance that the effect will activate. Since Double Tap = Double Bullets; it is more likely to activate this effect faster. 

However, something different clearly happened with the 'Turned' effect. 

• Like 1