LET TREYARCH HEAR THIS (and a question to you)

• Moderators

I was viewing some of the recent interviews with Jason Blundell of Zombies YouTube folk, when I thought about a certain situation. Imagine if someone from CoDZ Forums, lets say @InfestLithium, is invited to the Treyarch HQ to have a conversation with mr. Blundell (or an interview via internet or Skype), what would you like to question him? This site is the first result on google when one searches "CoDZ". This site is the second biggest (after Reddit) Zombies community, and comparing with CoDZombies Reddit, this site has a lot more devoted and serious members (from my point of view).

Sure, Treyarch can only invite Youtube individuals to have an interview, but why not CoDZ? This site is not about a single individual, its about the whole community. Treyarch would make contact with a lot of devoted fans here, and while YT has a lot of younger viewers, CoDZ has a lot of mature members: The ones who theorize further on the story, and try to explain things happening in the game. The ones who inspired Treyarch. So it would not only be wise, but also fair, if Treyarch allowed us to have an interview with the one and only JB himself. It would be a powerful message to the zombie slashers and theorizers here that we are not forgotten!

So what I was wondering: What would you like to ask him? If various people from these forums write down a question a mod will ask, it would truly not be an interview of an individual, but of a whole community.

LET TREYARCH HEAR THIS!
images (10).jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
24 minutes ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

He does it with YouTubers because he knows it will reach the entire zombies community and it makes it worth his time, whereas I'm sure Jason and Treyarch are well aware that this site is totally dead compared to what it used to be and not many people will see the info.

Compared to the past, this place may seem inactive, yet it is still full of people: Just not as many as another time.

Its like a garden, it grows in the summer, perishes in the winter, and then grows in the summer again.

Community activity has ups and downs, and without downs, there do not even exist ups. And if you look at who's online, you sometimes even see "Veterans", "People from the Hall of Fame", and more long forgotten legends. The increase of new, young members (like me, a year ago), BO3 brought to here for sure changed this place, but not killed it.

About YT, I personally don't use it for zombies. I don't watch gameplays, theories, and even those Youtube-only interviews with JB I cannot watch completely. After 2 minutes I turn it off. I mean, YT for music is great, but I don't use it for games. Community talk on forums is much better for a story, and I doubt Treyarch does not know that.

• Administrators

We get several hundreds, if not thousands, of unique visitors per day. Most people would rather watch than theorize on forum boards. But we do have a large following on here.

Also consider the 130k+ followers we have on Twitter. We are still one of the biggest Zombies communities out there, and we don't need a large outlet with a pre-existing member base like YouTube or Reddit either, so I'd say we are still in good standing. Definitely better now than what we saw at the end of the BO3 season.

Those interviews seem to focus heavily on storyline questions, which is fine, but I would like to see more questions around gameplay, balance of gameplay and how much influence, if any, someone like Jason Blundell has and how much testing is done on weapons and gobblegums before a map is released.

@anonymous What question would you ask?

• Moderators

@DaveLo07 Well....

>(story) Does Agartha have connections with the Hollow Earth? Is Agartha accessible via underground tunnels, caves and holes?

>(gameplay) Does Tranzit still has a (major or minor) hidden Easter egg? (@ZombiesAteMyPizza Although I have never believed in DLC 5, I still believe that there is something hidden in TranZit :P)

>(story) Is "the Forest" located on Earth?

>(random) What would you do in a real zombie apocalypse?

>(development) What previous map(s) has/have inspired you the most for creating BO3? And in what way?

>(random) What is your favourite map?

>(story) Are the zombie labs trailers (from the Rezurrection DLC) canon?

>(story) Why are the souls of the "father" versions of Ultimis and Samantha, the ones that are kept as child in the House, so important?

>(random) What map has the best atmosphere in your opinion?

>(random/development) How often do you or your colleagues look on callofdutyzombies.com (if you even do)? And what's your opinion about this community (if you have any)? Has it played any significance in the development of the story?

>(story) Are the Keepers Vril Ya/ Hyperboreans/ Angels/ Ancient Astronauts or anything like that in Ancient religions and mythologies? Or are they made-up higher dimensional beings? In short: Do the Keepers have something to do with real-life myths?

>(random) What's your personal favourite character in CoD Zombies?

....to name a few.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The interviews of YT folk is not over yet. I've not seen the most recent interview, but apparently pretty some interesting stuff is said in it. I've had the following information of reddit:

Spoiler

Blundell: "there's so much people haven't explored... It's like looking at trees instead of the Forrest."

(Obviously talking about the forest when the game ends, Also, after he said it and Noah didn't notice, he tried his hardest to keep a straight face and act calm, as if he wasn't meant to say it.)

"there are small, important, things that people don't notice like Richtofen putting his hand on Dempsey shoulder"

"The Kronorium changes to whoever reads it so when Richtofen read it that's what we see"

"there are sounds and things people hear and don't think anything about."

"The Idea of burying a fact that you know... revelations has one as well" (aside from this quote he talks multiple times about many important stuff still hidden in Revelations and other maps.)

"There are Easter eggs in plain sight that people just miss"

(If we beat the donations on Easter eggs for charity) "I'll do something special with you" (with Noah)

Now that's pretty sympathic, I have to admit that.

But aside of all this, I would have another question for Blundell if he ever started an AMA on CoDZ: How do you start developing a map? I mean, how could anyone have the idea of a Western Town in an African mine? A zombie map set in Alcatraz? How did you know of Tiergartenstraße 4 and the Hanford Site? Nan Madol? Projekt Riese? I am really curious what research (and by who) happens before the creation of a map starts.

On 5/19/2017 at 1:14 PM, anonymous said:

I was viewing some of the recent interviews with Jason Blundell of Zombies YouTube folk, when I thought about a certain situation. Imagine if someone from CoDZ Forums, lets say @InfestLithium, is invited to the Treyarch HQ to have a conversation with mr. Blundell (or an interview via internet or Skype), what would you like to question him? This site is the first result on google when one searches "CoDZ". This site is the second biggest (after Reddit) Zombies community, and comparing with CoDZombies Reddit, this site has a lot more devoted and serious members (from my point of view).

Sure, Treyarch can only invite Youtube individuals to have an interview, but why not CoDZ? This site is not about a single individual, its about the whole community. Treyarch would make contact with a lot of devoted fans here, and while YT has a lot of younger viewers, CoDZ has a lot of mature members: The ones who theorize further on the story, and try to explain things happening in the game. The ones who inspired Treyarch. So it would not only be wise, but also fair, if Treyarch allowed us to have an interview with the one and only JB himself. It would be a powerful message to the zombie slashers and theorizers here that we are not forgotten!

So what I was wondering: What would you like to ask him? If various people from these forums write down a question a mod will ask, it would truly not be an interview of an individual, but of a whole community.

LET TREYARCH HEAR THIS!
images (10).jpg

How do you know there isn't some one from the forums that has spoken with bludell recently? ;)

Archived