Weird thing with Kino projector screen

Liamza2314

Right so I was playing Kino Der Toten split screen with my sister and once we turned on the power (she did I got swarmed bc we spent like 3 rounds fucking with the mystery box xD) anyway once I took a look, instead of the normal 3,2,1 thing it does, it was showing the torture room/main menu room where a certain person interrogates Mason during the story. We didn't put any film reels in or anything, I'm not sure about this but it seemed that instead of lowering like it does the screen sort of snapped down? Is this a glitch or have I stumbled upon something new (I googled it and I found nothing) I took a few shitty photos that I'll post later

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22 hours ago, Liamza2314 said:

Right so I was playing Kino Der Toten split screen with my sister and once we turned on the power (she did I got swarmed bc we spent like 3 rounds fucking with the mystery box xD) anyway once I took a look, instead of the normal 3,2,1 thing it does, it was showing the torture room/main menu room where a certain person interrogates Mason during the story. We didn't put any film reels in or anything, I'm not sure about this but it seemed that instead of lowering like it does the screen sort of snapped down? Is this a glitch or have I stumbled upon something new (I googled it and I found nothing) I took a few shitty photos that I'll post later

Oh and Mason was in the chair, that's how I know it was the main menu room, not the dentist's office random room

• Moderators

I wish you are speaking the truth. I've learned not to immediately believe anyone, but if you have some pictures that would be great. The strange thing would be that Kino takes place in 1963, while Mason is interrogated in 1968. Still, not impossible. Surprise me, @Liamza2314, and btw, welcome to the site!

Y

18 hours ago, anonymous said:

I wish you are speaking the truth. I've learned not to immediately believe anyone, but if you have some pictures that would be great. The strange thing would be that Kino takes place in 1963, while Mason is interrogated in 1968. Still, not impossible. Surprise me, @Liamza2314, and btw, welcome to the site!

Yeah I know right, the time thing was a red flag for me too, I have my phone now so I'll send the pics, they're pretty bad though, we've been playing non stop lately, trying to find a way to make it do it again so I can get it on a better camera but we've had no luck

IMG_20170516_182210.jpg

IMG_20170516_182212.jpg

23 minutes ago, Liamza2314 said:

Y

Yeah I know right, the time thing was a red flag for me too, I have my phone now so I'll send the pics, they're pretty bad though, we've been playing non stop lately, trying to find a way to make it do it again so I can get it on a better camera but we've had no luck

IMG_20170516_182210.jpg

IMG_20170516_182212.jpg

Weird and cool. I've used the projector many times and I haven't had this appear. Did you do anything in particular to trigger this?

2 minutes ago, Blurryface said:

Weird and cool. I've used the projector many times and I haven't had this appear. Did you do anything in particular to trigger this?

That's what I've been trying to figure out, but as far as I can recall we just played like normal, the only thing we did that we don't normally do is we moved the mystery box a lot. I really hope we can figure this out, even the vague possibility of a Kino easter egg is awesome.

• Moderators

Interesting and good observation, @Liamza2314! Now I wonder about the thing I have mentioned earlier: The time difference. Kino is in 1963, the BO mission "Revelations", the mission in which Mason breaks free from that room, in 1968. Perhaps Mason was kept 5 years in that chair (although that seems unlikely to me). Another possibility is that the one in the chair in the BO Zombies menu, is someone different (or Mason in another universe) that the Mason in the normal BO menu chair. You know, that menu in which cameras of Zombie Labs are seen on TV's, and a zombie is trying to break in the room from behind a window....

14 hours ago, anonymous said:

Interesting and good observation, @Liamza2314! Now I wonder about the thing I have mentioned earlier: The time difference. Kino is in 1963, the BO mission "Revelations", the mission in which Mason breaks free from that room, in 1968. Perhaps Mason was kept 5 years in that chair (although that seems unlikely to me). Another possibility is that the one in the chair in the BO Zombies menu, is someone different (or Mason in another universe) that the Mason in the normal BO menu chair. You know, that menu in which cameras of Zombie Labs are seen on TV's, and a zombie is trying to break in the room from behind a window....

I've thought through similar possibilities, however we've made a sort of breakthrough, it seems to happen when she teleports without me, she hasn't put any film reels in at all. What's interesting is it only happens sometimes, other times it just goes white

Split-Screen is notorious for odd glitches. I have had P2 have a completely black screen except for the very sides (which is so odd) in a game of Buried. With CotD, one of the players spawned in without an M1911, but looked like they were holding an invisible rifle.

ssddsfdsffds_zpsoxecxd3b.png

The image you're seeing appears on the small TV screen here. Note you can see Mason, and he is actually headless (as it's real time and you can actually see yourself escaping, protagonists usually always have no head due to you never really seeing it, so no point modelling it). The bottom screen is after he is escaped (which is why he doesn't appear), but I wanted to get a closer view of it.

I would say it is due to Split-Screening, although I do find it amazing that the screen became this specific image.

A weird theory I thought about was that maybe, because space time got ripped when the crew teleported with the dg2, perhaps it teleports the player to an alternate version of the pap room with a projector that has that playing?  Then I realized I'm being stupid because of one player teleported to the future why he is able to see the other player and also why's the player in the past able to see the projector, sorry I know this makes little sense but im at school so I font really have time to type 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Liamza2314 said:

A weird theory I thought about was that maybe, because space time got ripped when the crew teleported with the dg2, perhaps it teleports the player to an alternate version of the pap room with a projector that has that playing?  Then I realized I'm being stupid because of one player teleported to the future why he is able to see the other player and also why's the player in the past able to see the projector, sorry I know this makes little sense but im at school so I font really have time to type 

Well good and original thought anyway. You self debunk this theory already, but it was a nice try. But Kino has more weird things: The Fernseher tower can be seen outside, while the tower was built in 1965 and finished in 1969. And of course the mysterious paper, written in the year 1975. Perhaps it are just universes bleeding into each other, or objects, messages, etc teleported to other times. Since Kino is the first map after Richthofen fucked up the chronological timeline with his DG-2, this map is maybe supposed to be not explainable.

Archived