Zombie Chronicles Megathread

ZombiesIsKey

Official Trailer

That's right, the DLC 5 map names have been found in the games code along with the recent update. Thanks to xPorter for putting in the work. Here are the maps we will be seeing.

• Kino
  • Moon
  • Shangri-la
  • Ascension
  • Origins
  • Nacht
  • Vertuckt
  • Shi No Numa

Here is the full Reddit post here!

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/68xtg0/black_ops_iii_dlc5_zombies_chronicles_decrypted/?st=J28MQ0F0&sh=c56002e7

List of New Gobblegums

C_UFrpeUQAA_SmS.jpg

Source: charlieINTEL

Zombies Chronicles Poster

C_UPJqVV0AA-iEb.jpg

Remastered Maps

C_UEyvUUQAE4giq.jpg

C_UEyzTVYAE7oOd.jpg

C_UEy1aUwAQkkOc.jpg

C_UEy3NUwAA-S0M.jpg

C_UFARpUAAAD3Fz.jpg

C_UFATuU0AIHqa1.jpg

C_UFAV6V0AEEnNc.jpg

C_UFAYGV0AEriLA.jpg

Cost and Download Size

Zombie Chronicles will cost $30 USD. For the UK the price is £25 GBP. A great price for 8 amazing remastered maps.

The download size for Zombie Chronicles has also been confirmed at being an easy 12.2GB download.

Zombie Chronicles Calling Cards

Here is the absolutely amazing  MGS themed calling cards that we will be getting along with Zombie Chronicles. They are really well designed and all MGS fans will truly love them.

imagepng

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Phew, glad that they keep their hands off TranZit. I mean, that map has a lot of glitches that could be fixed, but the whole admosphere would be gone if Blundell adds his neat gumball machines, bright colours and lights. The same goes for Die Rise.

Kino: I hope it won't look like Revelations Kino, but more grey and creepyness.

Moon and Ascension: A good idea. With BO3's bright lights and buttons, these maps may look great.

Shangri-la: Can't way to see that one. Both Zetsubou and Revelations Shangri La are beautiful. I think it might be even more beatifull than the original Shangri La.

Origins: Mwa, same like Kino. I hope they keep the grim atmosphere.

Nacht: Not much to say about. It has been recreated three times already, but yet good they do it once again.

Verrückt: Same as Kino and Origins. I did not really liked what they had done to Verruckt in Revelations...

Shi No Numa: Actually curious how that packs out. I think it could be really awesome and creepy, if they mix the original grim and creepy look with Zetsubou/Shangri La.

Does anyone remarked that all these maps are the maps in which we play with the O4 (except Der Riese and BO3?). I wonder if we play as Primis or the testsubjects, and if new quotes or easter eggs are added.

11 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Phew, glad that they keep their hands off TranZit. I mean, that map has a lot of glitches that could be fixed, but the whole admosphere would be gone if Blundell adds his neat gumball machines, bright colours and lights. The same goes for Die Rise.

Kino: I hope it won't look like Revelations Kino, but more grey and creepyness.

Moon and Ascension: A good idea. With BO3's bright lights and buttons, these maps may look great.

Shangri-la: Can't way to see that one. Both Zetsubou and Revelations Shangri La are beautiful. I think it might be even more beatifull than the original Shangri La.

Origins: Mwa, same like Kino. I hope they keep the grim atmosphere.

Nacht: Not much to say about. It has been recreated three times already, but yet good they do it once again.

Verrückt: Same as Kino and Origins. I did not really liked what they had done to Verruckt in Revelations...

Shi No Numa: Actually curious how that packs out. I think it could be really awesome and creepy, if they mix the original grim and creepy look with Zetsubou/Shangri La.

Does anyone remarked that all these maps are the maps in which we play with the O4 (except Der Riese and BO3?). I wonder if we play as Primis or the testsubjects, and if new quotes or easter eggs are added.

I am hoping we get some new EEs and quotes from the characters. I also noticed that these are the maps the O4 have been in. I wonder if it's just a coincidence.

On 5/3/2017 at 7:58 AM, Blurryface said:

That's right, the DLC 5 map names have been found in the games code along with the recent update. Thanks to xPorter for putting in the work. Here are the maps we will be seeing.

Kino

Moon

Shangri-la

Ascension

Origins

Nacht

Vertuckt

Shi No Numa

Here is the full Reddit post here!

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/68xtg0/black_ops_iii_dlc5_zombies_chronicles_decrypted/?st=J28MQ0F0&sh=c56002e7

Well most of the maps I wanted are getting remade :769:

I'm one very happy Zombie Slayer

If they're remastering 8 Maps I hoping for

Nacht der Untoten
Shi No Numa
Kino
Ascension 
Shangri-La
Moon
Tranzit
Origins

Well that's a bitch to not have Mob. I understand why not with the voice actors, though. Maybe they could've redone it with the Origins crew? Make it the only story-based map, where we see Richtofen get the vials? Aw well.

It's still surreal, though. Never thought in a million years this would actually happen. 

I keep forgetting this is a thing because of the timeline. I think I'm most excited to see if they do anything with the loading screens. Blundell mentioned they wanted to try and keep it the same, so it sounds less like The Giant and more like the BO1 ports. Really hope that means O4 as the playable characters instead of Origins 4.

• Moderators

I'm actually really curious if some maps will have opening or ending cutscenes. Like surely they have to bring the Origins cutscene back, and surely they would remaster it? It's always possible they may just make it like a comic intro similar to DE, but it would be sick seeing a more definitive version of that intro.

Also personally this is probably the best list of maps possible, IMO. It has everything I could have wanted, except "Five", but I'm not sure what I'd have it replace. I'm curious if anything will be added to Nacht, considering Jason said he wanted the maps to be faithful. Personally I'd like some added stuff, but we'll see.

2 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

I'm actually really curious if some maps will have opening or ending cutscenes. Like surely they have to bring the Origins cutscene back, and surely they would remaster it? It's always possible they may just make it like a comic intro similar to DE, but it would be sick seeing a more definitive version of that intro.

Also personally this is probably the best list of maps possible, IMO. It has everything I could have wanted, except "Five", but I'm not sure what I'd have it replace. I'm curious if anything will be added to Nacht, considering Jason said he wanted the maps to be faithful. Personally I'd like some added stuff, but we'll see.

Five was great! :D

I agree about the cutscenes that would be pretty good. Would also be good if the changes them slightly or added a little something extra in too.

2 hours ago, Lenne said:

Wow

I am pleasantly surprised.

Can't wait to play NML with crawlers this time around. haha

8 maps... what a treat. :3

Me too! I'll finally be able to start my NML medals now. This is what I've been wanting for a long time. Super pleased!

Having all these maps available to play on one game now is going to be absolutely incredible. Also it'll be cool to see how Gobblegums will change the maps up. Presuming they put Gobblegums in the remade ones. You'd think they'd want to...

2 hours ago, ccm404e said:

Having all these maps available to play on one game now is going to be absolutely incredible. Also it'll be cool to see how Gobblegums will change the maps up. Presuming they put Gobblegums in the remade ones. You'd think they'd want to...

I'm beyond excited for the DLC, but I am worried about how the Gobblegums will be incorporated. I'm sure it'll be fine on the Black Ops maps, but World at War is worrying, especially Nacht. I hope at the very least they will restrict use of certain gobblegums on those maps.

Bit late hearing this, literally just heard it as I'm not subscribed to any Zombies YouTubers. Wow, am I f***ing excited for this!

I imagine that these are going to be The Giant style, basically the same but with added Gobblegums and BO3 weapons. I don't think they'd be too OP in the W@W maps - we have to consider that you're only given all the perks in the map, and these maps had comparatively few perk machines. Works fine in The Giant, and it's not like you're all of a sudden going to get Jugg and stuff in Nacht.

1 hour ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

I don't think they'd be too OP in the W@W maps - we have to consider that you're only given all the perks in the map, and these maps had comparatively few perk machines. Works fine in The Giant, and it's not like you're all of a sudden going to get Jugg and stuff in Nacht.

With a map like Nacht at least, I think the appeal of it (especially with today's overly-complex Zombies maps) is how barebones it is. I feel like adding GobbleGums to the map will take away from that.

18 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

With a map like Nacht at least, I think the appeal of it (especially with today's overly-complex Zombies maps) is how barebones it is. I feel like adding GobbleGums to the map will take away from that.

Yeah, I mean with Nacht I'd be adverse to seeing them in coming to think of it, if you could use Wall Power and Bullet Boost to get Dead Wire on a wall gun for example then that'd make everything easier, high rounds on Nacht used to be a constant struggle for ammo but with that you could just run the pillars and never really run out of ammo.

Makes you think that some maps are inevitably going to become easier as well, since a lot of them, again, the only real challenge was ammo, but with double PaP on wall guns that issue is eliminated plus the rounds go faster. I mean, imagine keeping most of the doors closed and getting Perkaholic so the only machine the monkeys can attack is the QR machine, yet with GGs you can still get Dead Wire and just run the first room with that? As if Ascension wasn't easy enough lol.

Still though, moving with the times really. These features being implemented have made zombies easier and the newcomers will be disappointed to not see them in there, plus for me personally I don't think a mere graphical update cuts it in most cases and I want to see these new features implemented just so it feels rejuvenated. I wouldn't be as excited if the exact same map were going to be released with BO3 weapons and better graphics, when I already have Black Ops 1.

Archived