WWII Nazi Zombies - Discussion

ZombiesIsKey

Yes I know we have a discussion thread up already, but I wanted to keep the zombies side of things seperate as there is so much to talk about.

So it's official - Nazi Zombies has been confirmed for WWII. When watching the reveal, my girlfriend though I was having some sort of fit when actually I had just seen the first glimpse of the zombie image that they showed. Now we know it's confirmed it's time to discuss it!

So feel free to use this thread as a complete place for discussing all things WWII Zombie related for now until we get our sub threads.

The one thing I have to ask is will the game mode be round based, or will it be some sort of story mode similar to Nightmares mode in Black Ops 3?

Leave your thoughts and questions below! 

:smiley:

IMG_4262.PNG

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said it was a co-op experience of an alternate story line where the nazis made a last ditch attempt to raise an army. Not much to go on.

Honestly, after 8 years (I didn't get WaW till 2009) I am finally getting tired of walking in circles. I did not play AW zombies but I hope SH does something new and different for WWII zombies. I don't want the almighty train to be the winning strategy. I want something fresh. (don't have IW zombies but that does not look like the answer)

35 minutes ago, andydabeast said:

He said it was a co-op experience of an alternate story line where the nazis made a last ditch attempt to raise an army. Not much to go on.

Honestly, after 8 years (I didn't get WaW till 2009) I am finally getting tired of walking in circles. I did not play AW zombies but I hope SH does something new and different for WWII zombies. I don't want the almighty train to be the winning strategy. I want something fresh. (don't have IW zombies but that does not look like the answer)

Honestly in my opinion AW Zombies was just horrible. They tried so much on copying things from Treyarch that the mode was so poor. IW zombies is somewhat better but it's not all that good to be honest.

Now a full on horror zombies mode with a fresh new story and characters would be awesome. I'm really looking forward on seeing what they will bring to the table!

18 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

They stressed the "horror" aspect of it, so it seems like it'll be different than the normal wave system that we're used to. I keep asying it, but I hope it follows suit with Extinction.

Yea I was glad to hear them use that word. We have Dead Rising to play if we want whimsical disco zombies. Another reason I am glad I didn't waste any money on IW. 

8 minutes ago, andydabeast said:

Yea I was glad to hear them use that word. We have Dead Rising to play if we want whimsical disco zombies. Another reason I am glad I didn't waste any money on IW. 

I am now sadly regretting buying IW now. I enjoyed Zombies In Spaceland, it was fun and had some new features that made the game a little more fun. Then when Rave in The Redwoods released, they said it would be "scary" and "horror themed" and it turned out to be the exact opposite. 

I must give it to them, they have done well for there first attempt and it is much better than EXO Zombies but I am just tired of it being so easy. 

I have so much hope and excitement that Nazi Zombies will be a true horror experience and will bring back that love that I am missing from Zombies at the moment.

• Moderators

Thought it would be something completely new. :/

Said it a billion times now, but I don't want to be a super soldier anymore.

The campaign has me the most excited so far, cause there is just too much zombies these days.

Just now, Lenne said:

The campaign has me the most excited so far, cause there is just too much zombies these days.

I would be fine if Treyarch kept the original formula, then the other two studios had their own. 

Too much zombies may be true, but it is subjective when it all sells like hot-cakes ;-)

2 hours ago, Lenne said:

My exact thoughts. It's been Zombies after zombies and I was actually getting excited at either something new or a mode like spec ops.

Im excited for the campaign too. It will be the very first mode I play as soon as I get my hands on it.

• 2 weeks later...

If they sorta went back to the roots of Treyarch zombies where it was a basic game mode and based on pure survival and was actually really creepy and quite scary, I might get into it. Nothing has matched the vibes that W@W zombies gave tbh.

I also bought the IW Deluxe Edition for the season pass, played Spaceland a few times and that was it. I play on PC and changed system recently and have no plans to even install the game again, not even worth the disc space.

• 3 weeks later...

If is story based, I hope there is a NML option or area because zomvies is only fun to me when it's an endurance trial, I can run through Resident Evil 2 in a little over an hour, I love the game but I dominate it because it's the same thing, easily remembered so I can speed run. 

With zombies, I may not even reach my record level because nothing is the same as far as the enemies, when a max ammo drops, dog rounds ect ect...

• Moderators

News flash incoming! The director of WWII Zombies has stated that WWII Zombies will be based on real events of the Second World War. That is fantastic in my opinion! The question is if they will base it only a bit on real things (like Gorod Krovi on the Battle of Stalingrad) or make it fully based on real events (like Verrückt on Tiergartenstraße 4 and Der Riese on Project Riese). Personally hope the latter.

https://pvplive.net/c/call-of-duty-wwiis-zombie-mode-based-on-real-events-heightened-horror-theme?utm_source=Social_PIK&utm_campaign=IP_PIK&utm_medium=POST&utm_term=IP&utm_content=COD

What is said more?

You'll be playing through the "horrifying experience that tells the story of the Third Reich's desperate attempt to create an army in the final stages of the war".

The first piece of the Storyline is revealed, guys and gals. Now it is up to us to do the rest. A whole new story to discover and theorize...

• 1 month later...

In this Zombrows podcast there was some realllly nice discussion about what WWII zombies needs to be. 

I agree completely that in treyarch zombies we are on the offensive, we feel in control, and we feel safe. We feel like the map is ours. SH needs to flip this. We need to be on the defense, the zed need to be faster than us, the map should be in control, and we need to be fearfull and at it's mercy. 

That would make a great game.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived