Courcy6185

Why are these versions of the 4 characters' souls important??

Courcy6185    0

I'm a huge fan of zombies but I have never understood their actual reason for collecting the souls in the summoning key.  In particular, why are they travelling to specific universes to capture specific versions of themselves souls.  Is there something special about those particular versions?  I've searched high and low on the internet and watched countless youtube videos but none of them explain this!

Abel!    17

I can't say much for Origin's character being important themselves, but we do that the dimension they are in carries a lot of weight and backstory to it. This is how I would figure out which characters are important and could potentially come back into the story. For example the characters in Origins, although they don't understand it themselves, have historical statues dedicated to them. Brock and Gary, Gersch, Albert Arlington, they all have layers to them. [backstories]

The omniverse, whatever you want to call it [in Black Ops 1 at least] are meant to be a collection of places in time that aren't really meant to have an impact on the characters. A lot of the places they go to are meant ot be deserted (COTD needs more explaining.) and pieces of the past, like radios and documents, remain but don't leave an impact on our characters, only the player. But somewhere along in their travels they will meet with an entities known as Gersch and free them. These are called Tangents I believe - or maybe I'm wrong about that. Completing the quest will free their "Soul", and the same goes for Arlington. 

tl;dl: The characters "souls" don't just carry the weight of the bearer, but carries the weight of all previous and incoming dimensions they've interacted with from time-travelling. One big tasty soul.

My understanding of it atleast...

InfestLithium    520
On 4/7/2017 at 7:10 AM, Courcy6185 said:

I'm a huge fan of zombies but I have never understood their actual reason for collecting the souls in the summoning key.  In particular, why are they travelling to specific universes to capture specific versions of themselves souls.  Is there something special about those particular versions?  I've searched high and low on the internet and watched countless youtube videos but none of them explain this!

Blundell stated that killing these versions would ultimately kill off the other versions and prevent a crisis from occurring, just how it happened in the "original" universe. By preserving their souls and "purifying" them as children, they would be contained by Monty himself, assuring that universal chaos would not ensue as it had previously.