Zombies TCG info

andydabeast

Question

I am an avid board game player, and also a zombies player. I got a loot crate with some cards in it and they appear to be part of an actual game. Another hobby of mine is making board games and I had written out a card based game for zombies, but it looks like yall beat me to the punch.

Anyway I did a search and could find no info on this card game. I know I can buy card packs here-

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/divinium-factory/#

but is there any info on how to play? instead of booster packs can I just straight up buy the game with a box and rules and all intended cards? By looking at the cards I got there are mystery box weapons, perks, and then regular cards consisting of survivors, zombies and traps. How many cards are recommended for 2, 3, 4 players?

Thanks

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Are you willing to say what cards you have unboxed? Or do you prefer keep them secret?

I was planning on taking pics and posting it to encourage others to buy. Off the top of my head, Dempsy, The Shadows dancer girl, RPK, M16, Electric zombie, Valkrie Drones, Flogger trap, and Electric Cherry. 

• Administrators

Glad you like it @andydabeast! I knew these questions would come the moment people got their hands on 'em, glad you are the first to question the entire concept of it (so I can better explain). :smile:

6 hours ago, andydabeast said:

but is there any info on how to play? instead of booster packs can I just straight up buy the game with a box and rules and all intended cards?

The info is found in the Google Doc entailing everything I know about the card game, including all the available cards in the Ethereal Edition (120 cards)! It is, however, a tad incomplete in terms of explanation, so I'll explain it the best I can:

Zombies TCG is a turn-based card game, similar to that of any traditional RPG card game (i.e. Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Magic, etc). There are two sides: the Survivors and the Controllers. You can only have 1 Controller in game, but up to 4 Survivors in game. The goal is to take out one another and see who saves/controls the fate of the multiverse. Every action you do takes up one turn, and when both sides finish their turns, a "Round" is completed.

The Controller generally has more power over the Survivor, in which they throw down enemy cards each Round and totally swarm the Survivor. The enemies, however, are pretty weak unless some are sacrificed to unleash a boss card. That's when heavy firepower is required, much like a real Zombies game.

A Survivor can attack anything; however, all enemies on the field need to be killed in order for the Controller to be attacked. And vice versa, the Controller cannot directly attack a Survivor unless there are no enemies on the field. There is a minor problem right now with the rules regarding this, so I'm trying to find a good fix. I'm open to all rule suggestions before the manual is shipped out. :smile:

Here is a Simulation Game of what it might look like: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y9cQwsmttwYY_bpz95vGmV8EAOLR7b2D2Ly3O27JjSg/edit?usp=sharing

I plan on creating an actual video to show visually what's happening. There may be a few rule adaptations before the entire Box Set is available for purchase, because I still need to include:

• Hitpoint/Ammo/Point chips
  • Physical instruction manual
  • Game board (if I do get around to it)
  • Legendary Card, rarest card of the Ethereal Edition not found on the list
  • (1) Die for rolling Mystery Box

By looking at the cards I got there are mystery box weapons, perks, and then regular cards consisting of survivors, zombies and traps. How many cards are recommended for 2, 3, 4 players?

While a Solo player generally sticks with 1 Survivor card, I'm changing the rules so that there can be up to 4 Survivors for any given game. That way, there's more freedom to play as different characters instead of continuously being stuck with one. If it's a 2-4 player game of Survivors, however, you'll be forced to stick to one Survivor at the beginning of the game (to avoid flip-flopping).

In terms of deck size...I'd recommend 50 cards each player should suffice. Because your weapons are re-usable (Wonder Weapons have limitations), Enemy/Boss cards are re-usable, and since there are a total of 120 collectible cards in this Edition, you're definitely going to want different weapons and as many perks as possible.

My goal is to maybe create different gameboard pieces filled with maps (i.e. Mob of the Dead gameboard, The Giant gameboard, etc etc.) in a Dungeons & Dragons styled pathing. This means you can control where to move your character, have certain events happen, and the goal is to reach the Controller in a Final Boss Fight of some sorts. But like I said, just a goal in mind.

• Administrators

Oh, I forgot to mention that the full box set won't be available until...I estimate June/July? The cards were originally meant to be on a monthly basis, so 36 cards would be available one month, then a new 36 the next, so on and so forth. I can pull the date in closer, however, once I get all these other things finalized. :grin:

@andydabeast and @Blurryface: Should also let y'all know that because the first ever cards were delivered to you [kick-ass] friendos, they are considered Beta cards. There might be a minor change to the cards and how they function in the future, but not enough to invalidate 'em. That might be like rareness, a minor description change, picture replacement, whatever it might be. I've only made edits to Napalm Zombies, Nikolai Belinski, and "Him" as of yet.

1 hour ago, InfestLithium said:

Oh, I forgot to mention that the full box set won't be available until...I estimate June/July? The cards were originally meant to be on a monthly basis, so 36 cards would be available one month, then a new 36 the next, so on and so forth. I can pull the date in closer, however, once I get all these other things finalized. :grin:

@andydabeast and @Blurryface: Should also let y'all know that because the first ever cards were delivered to you [kick-ass] friendos, they are considered Beta cards. There might be a minor change to the cards and how they function in the future, but not enough to invalidate 'em. That might be like rareness, a minor description change, picture replacement, whatever it might be. I've only made edits to Napalm Zombies, Nikolai Belinski, and "Him" as of yet.

Ohhh. It will be like having limited edition version of the cards :p.

I can't wait to get my box! Moving house soon and completely revamping my gaming set-up so it will be cool to have any zombie box in. Thank you so much for making this a thing @InfestLithium :)

4 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Wow I am honored to be one of the first. It is ok for me to post pics to generate hype then? 

Ok here is a short review-

The cards in my loot crate came in sleeves with two posters. The cards seem to be of great quality of print resolution, card material, and design. There doesn't seem to be anything armature about them. As a player of board games, I look forward to acquiring more of these to play with friends. I am not sure I will adopt the "Trading Cards" model of everyone owning their own and bringing them to play, but more like a board game (in part because my zombie slaying friends live far away). 

The posters are nicely printed as well. One uses thinner paper than the other and Die Riese is one of my least favorite maps, but it was a mystery box after all :-)

101_8524.JPG

101_8525.JPG

101_8526.JPG

Archived