Monthly Update: March 2017

InfestLithium

• Administrators

Hey friendos!

Nobody likes being in the dark...unless you're Richtofen. That's why the staff has decided to do monthly public updates with the entire community to keep everyone alert on what's been happening around the forums. Think of it like your daily newspaper! Except, monthly...and not a paper...and there's no delivery boy on a bicycle to through it at your window so you could hobble outside and yell "blasted whippersnapper!".

In these updates, we'll showcase all the newest additions to the site, changes (including some backend work - like a Behind The Scenes experience), and also works-in-progress. It's like being omnipotent, but on CoDz!

Newest Additions

• Featured Image - If you look at the sidebar, you'll see a block image showcasing this month's highlight. This space can be used for a custom advertisement by a YouTuber, important addition to the site, or even a funny like picture of Takeo trying to eat a piece of chocolate - the possibilities are endless.
  • Mystery Box Loot Crates - With the re-adjustment of donations, we have included donation packages that will allow monthly supporters to get their capitalistic hands on loot crates designed by CoDz! These will feature our exclusive Trading Cards, which are only available to donators. Be sure to pick up yours before the month's collection set is gone!

Changes/Updates

• Forum view has changes slightly. You might see some widgets have been moved around, namely the Teammate Finder app and Latest Topics thread. The idea is to create more focus on recently-updated topics so people know what's the hottest thread being talked about.
  • Forum re-organization has begun. You may see some older forums being categorized now to to other larger forums (i.e. Revelations -> Black Ops III) to decrease the page load times. We want to make everything as compact yet easy to find as possible, while letting you see the entire site without scrolling down forever in a cycle.
  • User of the Month is returning! Stay tuned on more information for the April UotM.
  • Reformatting to the Storybook by @RadZakpak. This includes some minimal design changes and adjustments for mobile viewing.
  • CoDz Forum App is unfortunately discarded. We had a good run with it, but the costs were getting a bit extreme in this downtime. In the meanwhile, the Taptalk and mobile view versions are still in good working order!

Our goal with this is to always keep you, the slayer, in the loop with what we do. And with that, we await to see you on the field! :smile:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I appreciate the updates, a few questions about the storybook though. Note that I only tried this on phone, while it might work on PC

1) When you click on Storybook, you will be teleported to Chapter 1 of Book 1, Nacht der Untoten. When clicking Next Chapter, it says "This page does not exist". When teleporting to another chapter, it stays in Nacht der Untoten.

When I use a link of a new chapter Radzakpak linked in a status or comment, however, I can teleport to any chapter I want.

2) That new "Book 1, Birth of the Apocalypse" banner, looks really cool. The thing is, however, that it still is there in Book 2.

3) I can only choose between Book 1 and Book 2. There are no chapters under Tales of the Multiverse, while I know Radzakpak made his Whispers of Morg City.

And hey, I like this idea, but perhaps you could extend this Monthly Update. You could do interviews, opinions, story discussing, theorizing, game strategies and map mysteries in it, so it would become a real "Monthly Newspaper"

EDIT: On PC the storybook works fine. So it probably is just my phone doing odd stuff

• Moderators
2 hours ago, anonymous said:

I appreciate the updates, a few questions about the storybook though. Note that I only tried this on phone, while it might work on PC

1) When you click on Storybook, you will be teleported to Chapter 1 of Book 1, Nacht der Untoten. When clicking Next Chapter, it says "This page does not exist". When teleporting to another chapter, it stays in Nacht der Untoten.

When I use a link of a new chapter Radzakpak linked in a status or comment, however, I can teleport to any chapter I want.

2) That new "Book 1, Birth of the Apocalypse" banner, looks really cool. The thing is, however, that it still is there in Book 2.

3) I can only choose between Book 1 and Book 2. There are no chapters under Tales of the Multiverse, while I know Radzakpak made his Whispers of Morg City.

And hey, I like this idea, but perhaps you could extend this Monthly Update. You could do interviews, opinions, story discussing, theorizing, game strategies and map mysteries in it, so it would become a real "Monthly Newspaper"

EDIT: On PC the storybook works fine. So it probably is just my phone doing odd stuff

The head banners were wrong on your end because I just started going through today adding all the correct banners. They should all be correct now on every device.

As for the mobile drop down menu not taking you to the right chapter, this has been an issue I'm not sure how to fix and has something to do with how it changes the URL. A fix is coming hopefully. In the mean time I have updated all the chapters into the drop down menu for once it is fixed. If you want to go to a specific chapter on mobile at the moment, I would just go into the URL and change the chapter number there.

For book 1 the end is usually "ch#", and just change the # to whatever number is associated with the chapter. For book 2 it is "book2ch#" and for the morg city chapters it is "morgcitych#".

• Administrators
4 hours ago, anonymous said:

Good idea! We might integrate those once we produce more discussion. :smile:

• Tech Admin

Sorry for the downtime today folk's, I've not had much time as of late and I promised to process updates and upgrades.

So today we updated to the most recent version of IPB and we also update the site to run on PHP version 7, which brings many many benefits. I'll get a list fo improvements for the forumand post them ASAP.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Hells Warrrior said:

Sorry for the downtime today folk's, I've not had much time as of late and I promised to process updates and upgrades.

So today we updated to the most recent version of IPB and we also update the site to run on PHP version 7, which brings many many benefits. I'll get a list fo improvements for the forumand post them ASAP.

Good to hear that mate. But do you know what makes me more happy to hear? To see that you are still around and still work at the site sometimes.

• Administrators

March tried to end on a sneaky note, but I didn't allow it.

The Divinium Factory has been overhauled with a brand new look!

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/divinium-factory/

Out with the old, in with the new! We will now commence more Divinium Catalog entries for users with pockets filled with that sweet, slippery, juicy, blue liquid...so wunder wa, ya?

We have also included separate Zombies Trading Card purchasing options! Now you can choose your pack size and start collecting. I wonder who will collect the Ultima Rare card that's not even listed on the chart! :glasses:

Archived