InfestLithium

(Explained) Loose Ends

InfestLithium    520

Hey friendos!

Despite Revelations giving what most fans considered a "lackluster" and "terrible" ending to the Zombies saga we've come to love, lots of light was shed on many open questions that we originally could not answer prior to Gorod Krovi. And this doesn't reach just into Black Ops 3, but BO AND BOII as well. Let's take a look at what we can tie up right now:

Universe vs. Multiverse

In the beginning, we almost certainly believed the entire Zombies story to take place in one, single universe. There were hints via Kino der Toten that an alternate universe was possible, but many refused to accept it without more evidence. Once Origins and Mob of the Dead came along, that hard-headed thinking changed drastically.

Monty himself claims that we live in a multiverse, yet inhabit one single universe. There have always been multiple universes - but we just never had a problem with it until now.

The Keepers have always been here. Much like your good selves, they too were scattered and fragmented across the multiverse.

How am I supposed to keep track if you keep moving the pieces? Even when you were just a little problem, brewing in the far corner of existence, I tried to throw you a bone or two. I told you this, didn’t I?

We understand that the universe was fractured; however, not in the way we thought it was. According to Monty, everything changed when Group 935 started experimenting with teleportation. The very fabric of time and space itself began to tear, as per the only thread that held it: Element 115.

Y'see, Element 115 is not meant to have existed within the physical dimension. It's more of an ethereal, non-physical blanket that encompasses the multiverse to keep everything linear and connected, but not open. When our universe got their hands on the element (somehow), we kept creating tears in time/space itself, allowing other universes to bleed through.

In the beginning, and believe me there WAS a beginning, everything was in it's proper place. Time was linear as it should be. But a little thing called Element 115 changed all that. Especially when... Oh, what was it again? Oh yes, when Group 935 came along. Once they started messing around with it, they buggered everything up. 115 shouldn't even exist in your dimension. But nonetheless, here we are! Bloody teleporters... Once Element 115 came along, the Apothicons weren't far behind. Have I uh... mentioned them yet?

This is how the Apothicons devour universes: sending Element 115 into universes where it doesn't belong, forcing a tear to open up as a gateway. Once the tear is large enough, they can enter the universes and begin consumption. This leads into another interesting concept.

Aether & Agartha

Leading up to Black Ops 3, we had strong in-game (and theorized) evidence that Agartha was a mythical place within the middle of the Earth, and the Aether was a metaphysical dimension that held passage through time and space itself, allowing one who inhabited its domain ultimate power.

Something else I should probably clarify; This. Is. IT. The Aether. The Infinite. Otherwise known as Agartha, or is it Argartha? Well whatever way you slice it or spell it, it's the reality beyond. Beyond the world you know. Beyond your perception.

Unfortuantely, Monty also mentions that they are both the same. This isn't just true for one universe, though - this is for the entire multiverse. No mortal should be able to access it, let alone a metaphysical one. What does that mean exactly?

So, as things weren't bad enough. I'm struggling to maintain my presence. Bloody Shadowman. At least he's in the same boat.

Despite being almost all-powerful and practically god-like beings, both Monty and the Shadow Man can't hold their presence within the Aether. How could that be? It's hard to tell...but it seems that they do not belong in that dimension due to the erratic stability of the realm.

Anyway, I'm having a bit of a heated debate with the old Shadowman and his Apothicon pals, and it's making it really hard to keep this reality stable. I mean honestly, look at it! It's practically held together with tape, and bits of string!

We aren't in Monty's perfect world, or even a distorted version of it: we are actually within the Aether itself. Bits and pieces from other maps are sucked into this as a result of the Shadow Man opening a portal inside the Aether, causing instability and further fracturing. This is not a natural phenomenon, hence the severity of it all.

The Children and The Souls

All of Black Ops 3 revolved around collecting the souls of each 1.0 character...or was it? We understand that our original characters were most likely dead or simple MIA after the Moon events. Looking at the different BO3 maps, we see that these 1.0s are NOT the same original characters we grew up with. But why would they be important?

Back in Shadows of Evil, Richtofen wrote on the torn scraps that he was chasing the wrong leads, instead finding coordinates to each future map location exactly where our targets were located at. It should also be mentioned that not all of these intended targets resided within the same universe (for obvious reasons).

While a long shot, the main goal of collecting the souls was NOT the insurance policy. We know that the blood vials are just that; the souls, on the other hand, are actually descendants straight from the Primis crew themselves. Hence, why their souls are chosen to be within the bodies of the children in the House. This perfect world, as created by Monty, would compose of himself, four children with the souls of ancient warriors who vanquished the greatest evil in the known multiverse, and somehow Maxis/SOPHIA.

Look, I know everything's gone to hell in a handbasket but I'm really glad to see Maxis has got himself a bird now. I know she's a little bit drone-y, but I can fix her... I can fix everything. It will be fine, Sophia and Maxis are really smart, they can be a good influence on the kids

The only contradiction we face is Richtofen 2.0, who Monty claims doesn't have his soul. Hell, he isn't even sure why he doesn't - all he knows is that his 1.0 soul was filled with evil. Could this mean that no matter what universe they were to observe and soul to collect, Richtofen was destined to be evil at the end of it all.

You know, Richtofen's doing pretty well without a soul, I think the one he had was evil, same is probably true of Maxis, better off without. They could spend their days pondering whether or not they have one for all eternity...

Now, a glaring problem: Eddie resides in the house. Well, at least what we believe to be Eddie. In the one of the past map radios, we hear Maxis talking about how Monty brought back Samantha and Eddie. But something was wrong...Samantha was no longer the same as she originally was. Perhaps when those children died, their souls also departed and thus, Monty could only create shells for them until everything was restored?

Now why would Primis' souls be scattered? The same reason why the Keepers were also scattered as well, as mentioned in the earlier Monty quote of this thread. Element 115 experimentation and teleportation simply fucked everything up, as blunt as I can put it. This is why our 2.0 crew has to hop through time, originally believe they could just stop every Ricthofen they came across with minimal aid from Maxis. At least, until Richtofen came along and led them to the true mission.

Would love to hear any other loose ends/comments! There are many still that are waiting to be explored! :smile:

• Like 4

anonymous    330

This clarifies alot to me, especially about the children.

So Monty's perfect world was never created in Agartha, but kinda bleeded into it, like the other maps? That could be the weird stuff we see happening in the Revelations intro. Shadowman opening a gateway to the Aether, actually sucking parts of the perfect world into Agartha.

And with Richthofen not having a soal, could that be because of the electromagnetic static he released when as the first non-Aetherial being touching the MPD? Since then, he seemed to become insane, believed to be inhabited by Dark Aetherial beings. His real soal could be either corrupted, consumed, destroyed, replaced or swapped by the Apothicans, this having no soal anymore. In not any universe.

And Monty? Has he always been in the Agartha? You say that the instability of it has caused Monty and the Shadowman to struggle to maintain their presence in Agartha. Would the Keepers experience this same problem?

One last thing. The Aether, or Agartha. It splitter up too, right? Like the 3th Dimension.

Asylum worthy stuff, @InfestLithium!

Awards

InfestLithium    520

Thanks @anonymous:smile:

I actually couldn't say where his perfect world resides, but it definitely cannot be in the Aether/Agartha. First off, why would there be a need for a teleporter in the House if it was located in said mystical dimensions? We know that the Aether is a passage of time travel itself, and Agartha the most magical dimension of all existence, seething with power.

In fact, it wasn't even really Monty that created the house: Maxis did. Well, at least from our leads.

Reality itself is shifting. I find myself reflecting on memories I am not longer sure are my own. Beyond the window, I saw a wasteland stretching far as the eye could see. I saw a scourge visited upon the Earth. I saw the children withered before my eyes. That was before... before he came. Samantha has been returned to me once more, as have you Edward... as have you.

After so long in isolation, we have begun to believe that we were the only survivors of the catastrophic event that had shaped our lives. Supplies were beginning to run low, and I was forced to prepare for the worst outcome. Just as I feared that we were truly alone, just as I feared that the end was near, there was a knock at the door.

Day 66. The children are gone and the house still feels empty. I miss their laughter, their games. The sirens have not sounded for several months. I do believe that we may have turned the tide on the battle, but at what cost? The radiation levels from the fallout remain dangerously high. I can only pray I live long enough to confirm that my plan was indeed successful and the dark presence that has haunted our dreams, that infected every facet of our existence, has finally been vanquished.

The House originally resided on Earth - somewhere, after whatever this catastrophic event was. Keep in mind that this Maxis is indeed the same Origins Maxis who was simply just a brain, made clear by Monty. What could've possibly happened that unleashed destruction across this entire Earth? Can't be the old Earth that we lived in via WaW - BOII.

Ironically enough, we learned that Maxis can actually see into different universes so long as "beacons" are lit (per The Giant). He didn't need the help of Monty originally, because he still managed to reach out to Richtofen while on his solo quest to retrieve the Summoning Key and access the Kronorium. In fact, Monty only began to help Maxis before Shadows of Evil occurred.

Speaking of those beacons, apparently they're radioactive. What kind of signal to be extracted also involves eliminating the extraction point? Is Maxis purposefully damaging said sites for a larger cause?

Remember what I told you Edward, the scars left by Samantha's past actions allow us to communicate across the rift. Follow my words: I will find you. When you release the beacon, I will secure your extraction and destroy the site. Remember, the burden is yours to carry Edward. The others must never know the truth.

Something interesting: Maxis chooses the word "scourge" incorrectly. A scourge relates to a person or thing that causes affliction, or in verb tense, to cause great trouble.

------

Regarding Richtofen losing his soul when touching the MPD, it's quite possible that event would corrupt it! I agree that the Dark Aether began to feed into him, making it near impossible to un-corrupt. Add that with the swapping of souls on Moon and you have a very conflicting situation.

------

The Keepers most definitely would find it difficult to stabilize within the Aether, but probably not by a large extent. It seems that ethereal beings cannot keep in tact within the Aether because the dark energy somehow limits their powers. Kind of like magnets with the same force fields - they repel one another. Mortals and physical beings, on the other hand, can keep steady but may hold severe consequences.

-----

The Aether and Agartha may be split up, but it's hard to tell. Keep in mind that the Aether is known to be metaphysical, unable to be truly perceived by mortals. That being said, it's not like the status of the House or the other maps that broke off and became dissolved into that dimension.

Think of it like water. If you put stuff in the water, that object has the potential to break apart due to its nature (i.e. food, paper, things that are fragile when absorbing water). But you can't physically break apart the water - it just shifts. That's what the Aether is like. I would surmise that not even powerful beings like Monty or the Shadow Man can damage the Aether. Corrupt it, maybe, but that seems too difficult to handle.

anonymous    330

Day 66. The children are gone and the house still feels empty. I miss their laughter, their games. The sirens have not sounded for several months. I do believe that we may have turned the tide on the battle, but at what cost? The radiation levels from the fallout remain dangerously high. I can only pray I live long enough to confirm that my plan was indeed successful and the dark presence that has haunted our dreams, that infected every facet of our existence, has finally been vanquished.

I think it is strange that the children (probably only Sam and Eddie) are gone. And in another cipher, they reappear later again. Still not sure what they mean with that. It seems that the tide of the war has turned: Primis and/or the Keepers are winning of the Apothicans. The siren has not sound for a while, so the Apothicans (I think?) have not been near the House for a while. The radiation level seems to be high. And radiation in the Zombie Story refers mostly to the unstable element 115. Could the House have been attacked by the Apothicans, leaving behind radioactive 115, more than once? Or are these ciphers after a failed Revelations?

Monty: This was meant to be a new start, really, a perfect world, free from all the evil that had corrupted each and every corner of the known and unknown universe. 

It was going to be a place of safety for the kids, the little yous... You - little... well, so far, so good.

So about the origins of the House. You say it originates not from the Aether/Agartha, and I give you right. But where else does it originate from? It seems to be inhabited firstly only by Maxis, and later Doctor Monty too.

"A new start, free from all the Evil".

The place has a church, a farm and a several other buildings, mostly European/German-style. So, not only Maxis used to live here. It once was a whole village. Probably the village Maxis lived in. For some reason this village became the last hope of the fixation of the Multiverse.

And with your explanation about universes bleeding into the Aether, which we see in Revelations, I think we can now explain why the Primis graves are there. Four tombstones saying "Edward Richthofen", "Nikolai Berlinski", "Takeo Masaki" and "Tank Dempsey". They could be

1) tombstones of them in the Middle Ages, after the war against the Apothicans, having bleeded into the Aether.

2) A terrifying reason. It are the graves of the children. Maxis does speak of the children being gone (later reappear). Could they have killed by the Apothicans.

Awards

InfestLithium    520

How odd that Element 115 would be radiating, despite the area not containing such. Was the countryside that the House is on torn by nuclear fallout of each universe? As in, every universe was doomed to have some kind of Earthly demolition due to Richtofen's multiple selves carrying out the plans of the Apothicons/inhabitants of the Dark Aether?

Also, you are spot on about the location of the House being in Ludwisgford, as evidenced in several cirumstances:

http://s856.photobucket.com/user/callofdutyzombieslibrary/media/World at War/Der Riese/static_berlin_bulletin_board_theater_zpsb2873119.png

This is the bulletin board found in Der Riese - by Maxis himself. In the top-left corner, he has a cut out article about Ludwigsdorf, a small country village located in Germany. Why would he care about a place that had little to no impact on the Zombies storyline? Unless this was indeed his homeplace, as referenced by the literal name "Ludwig Village" (his last name partially).

Also, the structures of the church are nearly identical to the architectural style of the German church designs for the time:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorturm

220px-Gr%C3%BCnow.jpg

Looks awfully familiar, yes? I believe you are totally right @anonymous: Maxis chose this final location as his (and the children's) safe haven. He most likely went to it in some fractured piece of the universe to carryout his last moments, attempting to fix everything. Hence, why there was so much radiation fallout; he visited his home village while Element 115 had desecrated his home. But all that was fixed when Monty came about, restoring the countryside back to its old-time innocence.

Or, could be Sheffield, England (as the spawn name in the coding is "sheffield" according to @NaBrZHunter and @Lizizadolphin). The cipher image file name is "i_mtl_p7_zm_gen_cypher_sheffield_torn_c". Thanks to her, we also have the following code names:

"debris_sheffield_prison"
"p7_fxanim_zm_gen_door_buy_sheffield_bundle"
"sheffield_chest"
"sheffield_portal_node"
"sheffield_island_power"
"power_meter_sheffield"
"apothican_exit_sheffield_pos"
"wisp_lantern_sheffield"
"p7_fxanim_zm_gen_truck_flatbed_sheffield_bundle"

Even that town has churches with similar architecture:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sheffield+england+church&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgkvfjwdfSAhWCqFQKHUFsAVwQ_AUIBygC&biw=1366&bih=662

In fact, Monty mentions a quote where he spells rumor as "rumour", the ideally correct spelling by the British. And Monty seems to fit that nationality perfectly as well.

---------

Some evidence of the Apothicons being trapped in the Dark Aether until the Shadow Man is able to open up a gateway for them to enter in from:

The surviving Apothicons were cast out, banished to the dark Aether beneath creation. After eons of exile in the dark Aether, the Apothicons evolved into twisted creatures that now bear little resemblance to their keeper brethren. The Apothicons ceaseless desire is to reenter creation to consume and corrupt all the universes. It is the Keepers that guard against these perpetual attempts to reenter creation, and guard against any beings that may have fallen under the influence of the Apothicons.

About the tombstones...who knows what they are. Could very well be each Primis member sucked into the realm of the Aether. Does this mean that shooting them allows the auras of the deceased ancient warriors to somehow acknowledge the 2.0 crew's presence? In some kind of unnatural phenomenon, perhaps.

anonymous    330

Excellent research. When visiting the Wikipedia articles of Sheffield and Ludwigsdorf, I think Ludwigsdorf has a higher possibility to be the location of the House. Even the name "Ludwig" sounds logical (Ludwig Maxis).

At the end of Revelations, we can see the Apothican Ununpentium-holding Sun imploding, together with the Apothicans worms (which we now know are floating though the Aether, since Revelations takes place in the Aether), and even the red and blue light that we can see in the sky in Revelations. (I believe @AetherialVoices had theorized what it might be, and I think this has a deeper meaning. The "blue" and "red" we see. Initially, everything turns black and the perfect world is normal again. So what happened here? In the Doctor Monty video Treyarch released, Monty says "This is it. The infinite. The Æther.", while standing in a totally black location: The Aether. I personally think the Aether isn't totally black at all, but rather that our minds cannot imagine a Fourth- or higher Dimension, and Treyarch cannot create it in-game, but that's more my own small theory. The point is: The in-game Aether is black. Just as black as the "world" we see after the Apothicans "implode". And after this, we see a fixed world. So my question is, is the Aether and the into each other bleeding universes and dimensions healed? The Aether is black again, as the perfect world isn't floating and is perfect again. Are the tears and rifts in the dimensions, creates by 115, closed off? In the Revelations intro, we see Richthofen destroying the MTD in the house, in order for never using that hellish device again. Monty speaks of "closed off universes". Things are again how they used to be: Parralel universes, but not bleeding into each other. And Group 935, or any other group, cannot use teleporters ever again, or things will get messed up again.

A theory of what happened to the Apothicans, by @Monopoly Mac

is that the Apothicans are teleported to the Middle Ages, together with Primis, where they eventually lose and get locked up in the Dark Aether again, waiting for the One who abuses 115. Who created tears in the universes again.

As a last question. If Revelations is in the Aether, how can it be that our characters aren't omnipotent?

Awards

InfestLithium    520

Good point about the Aether! It's funny, really - we've always perceived it as this purple color, especially with that "Hell is Purple" clue back during the GkNova days (before Black Ops), and we assumed the Aether to be a form of trans-dimensional Hell. Blundell most likely forgot all about that, because he has made the Aether out to be this magical infinite realm beyond the mortal scope of perception.

Although Monty does repeat the whole "This. Is. It. The Aether. The Infinite." quote again in Revelations, so really unsure of if it's near-black, or just unperceivable like you said. What's interesting is that purple consists of the conjunction of blue and red. And just as you pointed out, the Aether in Revelations is blue and red. Perhaps this is a nod to the Aether being broken, just as its color is? There's a nice thought for ya!

Monty definitely says that the realities of other universes are now closed off after Revelations...but how it was done is unsure. I don't think that they were totally fixed though, since he says that "[he] could start making it all better again". Had all the other realities been closed off AND fixed, he wouldn't have anything else to 'make better again' really. 

What I do believe, however, is that by the Summoning Key being shot into the Apothicon Sun, a black hole was created and thus removing the Key itself from all forms of reality. Perhaps transcending back into the 63rd dimensions where it truly belongs in order to re-stabilize all universes?

anonymous    330
22 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

What I do believe, however, is that by the Summoning Key being shot into the Apothicon Sun, a black hole was created and thus removing the Key itself from all forms of reality. Perhaps transcending back into the 63rd dimensions where it truly belongs in order to re-stabilize all universes?

That's an interesting thought. The Kronorium says that the Apothican Rift Stone a.k.a. Summoning Key originally resides in the 63rd DIMENSION, and not universe. That means that there are a lot more dimensions above the 3th Dimension, and not only the fourth. We've got the 4D reference in The Giant blueprint with the hypercube, and even got references to the String Theory (which is the 11th Dimension) in the SoE scrap paper. But man, the 63rd Dimension. I guess that's the last dimension, the most powerful one. The dimension in which you can literally do more than you can imagine. Creating life, creating universes, manipulating time, changing natural laws and even stuff no one even knew existed.

A Black Hole. The imploding reminds me indeed of what I would imagine how a Black Hole would look like. But since this is in the Aether, a dimension somewhere between the 3th and the 63rd, this would be a special black hole. A trans-dimensional one, if it transports the Summoning key from the Aether to the 63rd D, and the Apothicans from the Aether to I don't know where.

An interesting side note, I once have heard of a Multiverse-theory built upon Black Holes. I will quote my short summary of it. Ignore everything MTD related:

Step 1: The MTD creates a black hole, which makes a crack in that universe. As a side effect: Everything gets sucked into the black hole.
Step 2: In the middle of a black hole, there is a point of singularity: A point where gravity is infinite. The singularity can rip the universe apart. Now, the singularity begins to grow and form an universe itself.
Step 3: The new universe grows and grows more. It literally feeds itself with the matter of the old universe and for that, the new universe looks the same as the old one. (This is why, when using the teleporter in E.g Der Riese or Kino, the place you teleport to looks exact the same as the laboratory/theater you left.)
Step 4: The old universe is sucked empty and therefore it breaks apart and dies.

I would not know how that theory is named, since I have read the article only in Dutch.

• Like 1

Awards

RadZakpak    85
11 hours ago, anonymous said:

An interesting side note, I once have heard of a Multiverse-theory built upon Black Holes. I will quote my short summary of it. Ignore everything MTD related:

I would not know how that theory is named, since I have read the article only in Dutch.

This is a really interesting theory, which sort of works similar to how teleportation works in Star Trek, where the original body is destroyed while an identical one is created at the intended destination, except on a much grander scale. If we applied this theory to the current multiverse, is the implication that instead of being destroyed following the black hole, the identical universe continues as normal, more often than not just like the copy. Add in Chaos Theory, where there is an infinite number of things that could go one way or another, and you end up with wildly alternative universe like the Origins diesel-punk WWI universe.

So essentially there is universe A where someone gets in a teleporter, creating universe B, but in universe B after the teleportation something catastrophic happens in the world creating a war, but that war never happens in universe A.

Just my thoughts on the way it MIGHT work.

Also a question I've wondered is what came first, the WaW-BO2 universe we know, or the Origins universe? Or is it a chicken and the egg type situation? Or alternatively, is time just a human invention and everything happens concurrently?

Because the way I see it, either the WaW-BO2 timeline could have created all the different universes we know about in Black Ops III through Monty with how many times we teleport in game, or all of these universes already existed, and Origins just broke the gap between them when we opened the gateway to Agartha, or it is a combination of the two.

Anyway, I have a pretty layman's understanding of the multiverse theory, so I'd love to hear it explained by someone much more knowledgeable than I.

anonymous    330

That's actually the main difference between teleporting and matter transference. Teleporting is placing a object from location A to B, matter transference "destroys" the object in location A, transports the atoms to location B, and builds it there up again. So basically, when you use a MTD in CoDZ, you play with a new character after being teleported, looking the same and sharing the same thoughts and memories as the first one. The fact that the MTD sucks the whole universe in a black hole and creates a whole new universe...well, its just a theory. But the whole black hole/singularity/multiverse theory was theorized in a Dutch science magazine, so that theory is not just thought by me, but by real scientists, and maybe Blundell has read about that theory too.

The fact that you come up with the Chaos Theory is interesting. It would all actually explain some shit

Awards

Slade    270

Something that came to my mind when I was at work but totally forgot ever posting.

@InfestLithium @anonymous I believe Richtofen does indeed have a soul, however we never sealed it in the Summoning Key and thus his soul never made it to the House.

Now you might say: But Eddie is in the House. So Richtofen's soul should be too.

You would think that, but Monty's "Richtofen has no soul" (confirming Richtofen's soul is not in the House like the others are) contradicts that. Now if you recall the Revelations opening, Monty clearly states that whilst Maxis may be in the House, he hasn't gotten "his soul back yet". In other words, a person can be physically in the House, however their souls can still be in another universe waiting to be sealed in the Key. 

And I think that's exactly what happened with Richtofen. In ZNS, Maxis tells us how Eddie and Sam suddenly reapppeared in the House. If it's true that Richtofen's soul is not in the House, then that would most likely mean Monty purposefully brought Eddie and Samantha to the House. Possibly to pursuade Maxis for the Soul Collecting mission Maxis goes on to task Richtofen with. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, came from Monty himself.

InfestLithium    520

@Slade That could very well be true. I had previously mentioned that it's entirely possible for Richtofen's soul to be purely evil, and could never be enough to be pure again. Y'know, whole corruption of the Dark Aether and everything. You could even argue that this is why Richtofen seeked out the blood for himself - because he was aware that his soul would never be like the others, and thus, attempted to always exist beyond normal limitations.

But yeah, Maxis was definitely manipulated into listening to Monty with the children. I mean, if someone could bring back my daughter and the boy I considered a son right after death, I would be inclined to so whatever he told me to do, too.

anonymous    330

I think I may have solved the issue around the age of Primis. In Origins, 1918, they are around 25-30 years old. In Shi No Numa, 1945, they seem to be around 30-40 years old. How could they have only aged 10 years in a period of 1945-1918=27 Earthly years?

It is because of the Children. As you know, the young Primis teleport to the future and kill their older versions in 1940-1945 during BO3. As a result, the soals of them are brought to the House, and are somehow transferred into children from 5-10 years old. Them. The children how Primis looked like in the 1890's. They are brought in the House of Maxis,and Doctor Maxis looks exact the same as in Origins (1918). So the House is in the 1910's or 1920's. Lets guess 1920. So the Children are like 8 years old in 1920. Some stuff happens, and eventually, in 1945, the children aren't children anymore, but 32 years old! Like the test subjects + Richthofen in that time. Either they do the stuff that happens in WaW and BO1, or the young Primis born in 1890 kill them, causing their souls to go to the children in the House. And there, ladies and gentlemen, we have a Grandfather Paradox.

Awards

InfestLithium    520

But that would infer the children to become the OG crew we play as in WaW-BO, no? And because it's an entirely different universe, they wouldn't be same people because the House never resided in the same world as the original universe.

anonymous    330
18 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

But that would infer the children to become the OG crew we play as in WaW-BO, no? And because it's an entirely different universe, they wouldn't be same people because the House never resided in the same world as the original universe.

Nor Samantha nor Maxis have ever talked about other children in WaW-BO. But the House in Ludwigsdorf could have been there. You can even teleport to it in Kino der Toten. It would, however, be strange if Richthofen later did experiments on his former friends in his childhood. A possibility could be that Maxis send Richthofen, Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey away, back to their own countries, and they later forgot about each other. Perhaps the children never even knew each others names.

The problem would be Samantha. She would have been 32 in 1945 too.

Awards

InfestLithium    520
8 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Nor Samantha nor Maxis have ever talked about other children in WaW-BO. But the House in Ludwigsdorf could have been there. You can even teleport to it in Kino der Toten. It would, however, be strange if Richthofen later did experiments on his former friends in his childhood. A possibility could be that Maxis send Richthofen, Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey away, back to their own countries, and they later forgot about each other. Perhaps the children never even knew each others names.

The problem would be Samantha. She would have been 32 in 1945 too.

We surmised for the characters to be no less than 45 years old when the Der Riese experiments (and beyond) were occurring. Regardless of which universe you were to look into they would have to be similar in some retrospect quantitatively.

According to the multiverse theory, parallel universes (and alternate ones) differentiate by events versus numerical analysis. This means, hypothetically, if I was 30 years old in one universe, then if another universe was existing at the same time as the one I had been in and was even the same general age of existence, then my alternate self would have to be 30 years old as well if not around that age. And this is merely because of the whole Big Bang theory stipulation: the birth of one universe creates the birth of several potential universes, whether you believe in the flat space theory, the alternate space theory, or even the inflated theory. They all exist at the same time but differ by a few particles, eventually turning into a butterfly effect.

Now I highly doubt that Treyarch even took the mechanics of the multiverse theories seriously; however, for explanation purposes, we can assume that the OG crew members are pretty damn old during WaW and Black Ops. There is also the effect of time travel causing them to age rapidly as well...for all we know, they could be 60 years old yet somewhat limber. :tounge_wink: