After Revelations

Now we all know that Revelations kinda ended with a cliff hanger, but what if (Yes I said if) our beloved heros restart the cycle (Like in Mob of the Dead) by doing something we haven't even discovered. What if we have been looking at this all to close and have to start back at the beginning? I might be crazy but let me know what you think.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Here's the funny thing, though:

Back in Shadows of Evil, there was a cipher that said "PRIMIS WILL FAIL" or something to that effect. Now when we looked at it, we weren't sure from who it was being said from. 

Maxis? Probably not - he wouldn't know much about Primis.
Dr. Monty? Possibly, but he couldn't have known that the heroes would become Primis once more since his original intention was to let them bite the dust along with the fractured universes.

The Shadow Man/Apothicons? Quite likely, since they had to deal with Primis before in a different time/universe(?).

Richtofen? Perhaps, but if he a genuine idea that he would restart the cycle, why would he want it to fail?

My best guess is that the Apothicons are the ones who only knew the heroes by that name, and thus, would want the descendants of Primis to ultimately fail saving this or any other piece of the fractured universe.

Now, this all ties into the ending of Revelations. Monty's goal was to close off all loops to avoid any kind of problem from occurring again...hence the perfect world he created. If he knew that putting the 2.0s as their ancestors (Primis) would restart the loop all over again, why would he do that? He's most likely knew the original Primis back during the Great War against the Apothicons, so it definitely wasn't accidental.

Bear in mind Richtofen's quote: "You could put us somewhere else...somewhere we've never been."

And the way Monty gets a lightbulb and says "That all works out perfectly!", why would choosing them to re-become Primis be perfect? If this was indeed a loop like you said, then these 2.0s turned Primis would know to banish the Apothicons from this realm for good, aware that they musn't be able to interfere with the future (hence why we had Element 115 in the first place, per Monty quotes in Revelations). Somehow, someway, this new Primis group would have to seal away the Ancient Evil forever.

• Moderators

Don't forget the "Primis will fail" written in the medieval walldrawing in Origins. After Revelations, Monty puts Primis back in the Dark Ages, where they will fight the Apothicans, together with Crusaders, Knight Templars and the Ancient Order of the Keepers. Eventually, according to a radio in BO3, Primis dies here, but they succesfull defeat the Apothicans. Perhaps that's what is meant with "Primis will fail"?

• Moderators

After Revelations, the Apothicans are said to be gone, forever, together with Element 115.

Monty: With the evil vanquished, I can start making it all nice again. No undead, no Apothicons, no Shadowman. All of it gone, forever

Later, when Monty is about to "teleport" Primis to the Middle Ages, there is said the following.

Richtofen: You could send us somewhere else, somewhere we've never been.

Monty: Mhm, I suppose I could make a little corner somewhere in history. A place where I can dump some of the other shit that I have left over, or I just wipe you from existence.

We know that here, in the Middle Ages, Primis will fight against the Apothicans. But as you might know, there is no time in the Aether. That's the reason why for example Samantha and Gersch can travel through time. I think that's even how teleporting and matter transference works. Return through Aether.

So if there is no time in the Aether, and yet appear the Apothicans in the Middle Ages, that means only one thing: Those damn creatures are still alive. I mean, if Monty would kill them, if you can call it like that, in Revelations, they would be vanished in any time, any era, any universe. Instead, they implode and disappear in Revelations, but reappear in the Middle Ages, which means they are still somewhere beyond. That makes me question why Monty would lie to us. And does he only care about his perfect world?

• Administrators

I don't think Monty lied to us; he just didn't fully comprehend what became of them. While Monty has complete sight in several universes at a given time, he probably doesn't have much foresight in other dimensions beyond the physical. The implosion created a black hole and sucked everything into it - but that black hole still has to lead somewhere, y'know?

That alone can surprise time, space, reality itself. And Monty, despite his metaphysical omnipotence, would have no clue as where to look. Recall the Dempsey cipher that mentioned "if Monty knew where we were, we'd all be screwed" (whatever that was entailing, still don't know).

So the Apothicons, undead, even Summoning Key can still be out there - somewhere. Perhaps Monty sent them to a corner of the universe that would become the original footstone of Primis defeating the Apothicons, thus sealing them away to prevent Revelations?

Yes I been thinking about that many times, that story is not ended yet, that in future treyarch still could give us something where restart this story or continue it.

I don't know if personally I would like that, more than have new stuff to deal with I'd rather they give us something like remastered maps where we can

find answers about the open questions 

Archived