Comic issue #3

anonymous

• Moderators

So finally: Comic #3 is out! Here follows a short summary of what happened, but its only from my perspective, so I recommand to view the comic yourself. Buy it, see it on Imgur or watch it on Youtube.

Spoiler

As the Tranzit crew feels that their time has come, and zombies, still led by the Zombie Richthofen, are all over the place, the voice in Samuel's head let again a portal appear. The TranZit crew goes through this portal, away from the Broken Arrow base, as they have acquired the Element 115 piece. They appear to be in another secret base, named "Zero Base".

The zombies have followed them though the mysteriously appearing portal and while Russman and Misty try to stop the zombies by killing them, Samuel discusses with the voice in his head. Russman thinks that "Sammuel's magic voice WANTS the zombies to follow them. Marlton is doing some shit with computers, trying to block the zombies off, when suddenly a holographic S.O.P.H.I.A. appears. As a security measurement, S.O.P.H.I.A. creates some kind of laser cage around Misty, Russman and Sammuel, and the zombies that try to reach them immidiately die. One thing: the TranZit crew can't go anywhere too. As Marlton, stuck in another "laser cage", discusses with S.O.P.H.I.A., he accidently deactivates the laser cage, allowing the zombies to come in. Misty, Russman and Sammuel are able to run away via a door, but Marlton is stuck. He grabs an axe and smashes his way through the zombies. As the other three find theirselves in a room with the busdriver, Vrill rod, Vrill egg, Thunderstaff and rocketshield, Marton crawls through an airvent. S.O.P.H.I.A. tries to terminate the intruders, by using pitfalls, mosterd gas and arrows leading the zombies towards the livings. Her holographic appearance follows Marlton, as they continue discussing with each other. Finally, he finds the maincomputer, and smashes it with the axe, with the disappearance of S.O.P.H.I.A. as a result. Marlton gains acces to the system and opens the doors for his three friends to gather with him. As the other three enter the room Martlon is in, they see four seats, with a window looking out on a dead forrest. Marlton then states that this is probably the reason why they are there, and the four take place each in one of the seats. Marlton puts the Element 115 piece in a computer, and four electronic needles appear, tapping the TranZit's crew blood. A few flashes are seen, and the forest is alive again. The trees are green, and a sun or moon is shining.

"Holy crap, did we fix the world?"

This issue gave me more questions than any other previous issue, and I like it. Finally there are many connections made with the story. The busdriver, the Vrill devices, S.O.P.H.I.A. and the blood.

Remember this cipher?

Finally the lab is almost complete. Security measures have been put in place so the chance of detection by the Americans is very unlikely. We also have several agents embedded with the _____ as insurance. We will keep the individuals in stasis, on ice to speak, and continue the specimen rotation once we finish drawing more power from the drill. Oh, I almost forgot, the sequencing for the current blood samples is as follows: SSMJABR

And if this wasn't enough, there is this

zombies.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

For the ones who didn't know it yet. The first pannel shows a man which looks like the Alcatraz guard (Stanley "Brutus" Ferguson?), holding a bat. It is 1914, the year World War 1 starts. On the next pannel you see the guy standing in the middle of what looks like candles, possibly doing a ritual of some sort, as Ferguson appears to do in Mob of the Dead. On the thirth pannel we see prisoners marching is silence, walking through the hallways of Alcatraz. It is 1933, the year MotD takes place in. Now it gets interesting: We see four testsubject-pods (like the one Dempsey 1.0 is in in Der Eisendrache), with the text MMMMMMM under it. Is it a sound made by those pods, some kind of cooling engine or something....or does the symbol "M" stands for something different in CoDZ? The upper right pannel shows a person walking though Alcatraz, with what seems to be pods in the cells. Why? Why are there German Group 935 pods in the American Alcatraz? It is 1941. And the last pannel shows us the Origins 4: Richthofen, Nikolai, Dempsey and Takeo, going though a portal. They have visited Alcatraz right after Zetsubou No Shima. Is that were this pannel refers to?

A question that comes in my mind now: The wormhole-like portal in the GK intro: It teleports the O4 and PeterMcCain together with boats, palm trees and tropical plants. If they just visited Alcatraz, how can there be such "Zetsubou-Like" things coming out of the portal?

Knowing Blundell,

The "Ms" Probably stand for MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMonty

4 minutes ago, anonymous said:

If they just visited Alcatraz, how can there be such "Zetsubou-Like" things coming out of the portal?

They teleported from Zetsubou to Alcatraz, then back to Zetsubou again before going to Stalingrad.

Not a fan of these loading screen retcons alternate versions. I would've much rather preferred they expanded on Nacht's original loading screen. Like they did with Nuketown's.
Because you know, we still don't have a clue what's even happening in the original Nacht one.

And now we'll probably never going to because Blundell just threw it out the window and replaced it with the O4 coming out of a portal and 4 pods.

... Yay?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, DragonGJY said:

The cipher is a good reminder too.

My questions are mainly about the cipher, what does it mean by "on ice to speak" and what can "specimen rotation" means?

I don't know. Perhaps the TranZit crew is put on ice in those testsubject-pods (link to the pods in the loading screen? 4 persons, 4 pods), by a group that is for sure not American. So my best guess is that Zero Base is from Group 935, and that the TranZit crew was needed for something. The portals appearing every time, eventually leading to Zero Base, the voice in Stulinger's head, the intelligent zombies (under leading of zombie Richthofen) constantly chasing them, more like hunting them towards Zero Base instead of actually want to kill them. Like some higher force wants the TranZit crew to go into one of those pod-like things. But who...or what?

Edward Richthofen?

*During BO2, the voice in Stulinger's head is Richthofen's. Is it still Richthofen communicating with Samuel?

*The zombie chasing the crew is led by a zombified version of Richthofen.

*In the description of issue #1, it is said that Richthofen tries to acquire the Kronorium with help of the TranZit crew.

Ludwig Maxis?

*If the comic takes place after Buried, and Maxis' endgame is canon, it could be Maxis in the Aether, communicating with Stulinger

*After Moon, Samantha's soal is in Richthofen's body.

Richthofen, during the Maxis endgame: Hello? Are you forgetting something? Even if your wretched daughter is still alive, she has MY BODY!

So Maxis could have found Samantha in Richthofen's body, after he is in control of Agartha. Now his daughter helps him to do his...thing

*Somehow, that cipher seems more like Maxis wrote it instead of Richthofen

*S.O.P.H.I.A. is in Zero Base, Maxis' assistent.

Something far worse?

*The ending of the "fixed world" reminds me of Monty's perfect world.

*The Keepers try to protect and "fix" the multiverse.

*Apothicans: Why not?

And another question, hopefully answered with the next issue: With what purpose do the TranZit crew go into that machine?

• Administrators

The comics seems to not follow Richtofen's ending, because at the end of Buried, he shared Samuel's body and struggled to move around in it. Hell, he even joked to Samuel that it would be great bonding time and would take a while to get used to sharing his bag of flesh. But as a result, Richtofen no longer held control over the Aether because he chose to reside in the physical realm. But since we know that Richtofen (in Samuel's body) can now be heard from all of the Tranzit crew, it's also plausible that Richtofen can still choose to only talk to Samuel. The comics, however, show us someone talking to Samuel still (German accent and all) while opening portals. Richtofen 1.0 can't do that in this ending.

Now Maxis' ending, we know Richtofen's soul is damned to a zombie forever. But not just one; it jumps from different zombies, having to experience death forever and ever as his eternal punishment. But it appears that the world hasn't been destroyed yet, as Maxis had mentioned it will be. So, I'm assuming it's a slow, creeping death.

This means that Richtofen can no longer be heard in Samuel's head, Maxis has already passed through Agartha to find Samantha, and the Tranzit crew is left to roam the Earth until it finally perishes. It's entirely possible that Richtofen 2.0 is now in Samuel's head, but how? How could he do that if he has no ethereal power to do so? Mind you, Richtofen 2.0 is just a physical being - not one with Agartha/Aether. Maxis couldn't have returned because he does not have the ability to talk to specific people...same situation as Richtofen 2.0.

• Moderators

Good thinking. But are we sure the comic takes place after Buried? A thing I always have wondered about is why Richthofen does teleport the TranZit crew from TranZit to Die Rise, but not from Die Rise to Buried. And for anyone who has done the grand BO2 EE, what purpose do the NavCards have? Are they essential for the main Easter Eggs? Because the TranZit crew uses the Buried NavCard for in TranZit, like they went to Hanford Site after Buried. Is this canon? How can this be explained.

Anyway, you have some good points. This certainly cant be after Richthofen's ending. And Maxis' voice after Buried, can anyone heard that or only just Stu?

• Administrators

Yeah, being teleported to Die Rise but nowhere else seems rather peculiar. You'd think that teleporting them would make it easier for Richtofen to gain power and quicker too - I'm guessing even he didn't know where to go next.

The NavCards are GPS chips that acts as global navigation redirects. The towers/pylons harness energy, but the NavCards link all the towers to one another across the world and combine into the ultimate source of energy. In this case, all are most likely linked to the Buried tower since Maxis' Master Plan (button) is here. Not to mention, this area is where ethereal energy from Agartha is strongest.

• Moderators

Suddenly realize something

Finally the lab is almost complete. Security measures have been put in place so the chance of detection by the Americans is very unlikely.(...)

Whatever scientist it is, he is talking about the Americans. Why the Americans? Germany's main rival were the Sovjets. The Western front was fighted against the British, the Americans, the Canadians, the Poles (yes they were there too) and the French. This group was usually called "the allies", and the US jumped in the war against Germany in 1944, one of the last years of the war (note that they fight against Italy in 1943). So why is this scientist, believed to be from Group 935, afraid for detection of the Americans? The only reason I can think of is because Zero Base, a Group 935 Station, IS in the US. At first, this seems strange, but if you think about it, it would clarify some things up. The teleporter to Griffin Station in Groom Lake, Schuster on the Nuketown loading screen, Vrill artifacts, the bus driver, who later appears in Nuketown and Hanford Site, seen in Zero Base. A large amount of 115 in Nevada, all for Group 935. The American government might have noticed this base later, and made Group 935 a American organization: Broken Arrow

I'm loving this comic always more (I love comics hehe) it finally matching some questions and giving us what I really missed in the game in the last year: answers, connections and new questions!

I loved this issue, the screen where we have the buss driver and all the items of old maps is amazing. Also the last page where we have that kind of forest is so impressive.

About the loading screen, it give us some cool answers trough an interesting timeline that goes by Origins to Zetsubou. 

1914 is the beginning of World War 1 and we know that Origins takes places there few yrs later, then we go trough Mob of the Death (1933) where 

we see some things happen and finally we have Richtofen and the others come there trough a portal (to take the blood samples) in 1941

who actually match with Zetsubou (located in World War 2).  

I find very interesting the 2nd image, the one with ritual. Actually we taking as sure that it still Mob of the death but let's not forget that this map

takes places in the same time of Shadows of Evil were rituals are in the main step of the ee so I would not exclude that it could be referred to that as well.

The questions I can not answer are why that 1914, I mean it could be related to Origins but why put it there and the I don't really know in which way connect the capsules .. 

I mean I know they could contain the 0.1 version but in which time is located that screen and why show it there.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, The_Giant_935 said:

I'm loving this comic always more (I love comics hehe) it finally matching some questions and giving us what I really missed in the game in the last year: answers, connections and new questions!

I loved this issue, the screen where we have the buss driver and all the items of old maps is amazing. Also the last page where we have that kind of forest is so impressive.

About the loading screen, it give us some cool answers trough an interesting timeline that goes by Origins to Zetsubou. 

1914 is the beginning of World War 1 and we know that Origins takes places there few yrs later, then we go trough Mob of the Death (1933) where 

we see some things happen and finally we have Richtofen and the others come there trough a portal (to take the blood samples) in 1941

who actually match with Zetsubou (located in World War 2).  

I find very interesting the 2nd image, the one with ritual. Actually we taking as sure that it still Mob of the death but let's not forget that this map

takes places in the same time of Shadows of Evil were rituals are in the main step of the ee so I would not exclude that it could be referred to that as well.

The questions I can not answer are why that 1914, I mean it could be related to Origins but why put it there and the I don't really know in which way connect the capsules .. 

I mean I know they could contain the 0.1 version but in which time is located that screen and why show it there.

First thing to say: Glad to see you again @The_Giant_935! The first two years you mention are correct (1914, 1933). 1941, however, is most likely not the year Zetsubou takes place in. IF Zetsubou is the same universe as The Giant/Der Eisendrache one, it takes place after the Fluffy incident (the one we see in The Giant intro), which takes place later in the war. I say IF. I have no idea what 1941 would stand for otherwise, and since this loading screen seems to be about Primis' MotD travel after Zetsubou, it would make sense that 1941 is in fact the year ZnS takes place in. That would mean that it takes place in another universe.

And the second panel, with the ritual, its certainly interesting. MotD is the only map in BO2 which I don't have, so I'm not sure, but I believe there are candels and other marks of a ritual in Brutus's office in that map. That makes me wonder: Was Brutus in contact with the Apothicans? Did he do rituals for them, somehow transporting that location to another realm, like in SoE? If that's true, he must have somehow come in contact with Element 115, because otherwise the Apothicans could not have contact with him. That would fit in @InfestLithium's "theory" (if I can call it like that?), that Group 935 had an agreement with Alcatraz, concerning the test subject pods. These testsubjects within the pods would certainly include a certain amount of 115, thus having as result that Brutus came in contact with the Apothicans. What nasty business was going on in Alcatraz?

Continuing analizying this I can add that another small difference between the new comic book version of the screen and the original from Nacht.

In the original Nacht loading screen the mysterious character that someone associate to Gersch use some kind of power to hypnotize those ppl

and make them do some kind of work for him with computers.

In the comic book version we can see how the main character use a ritual to kill them. So we can say they have a really different target.

What's interesting is that the Nacht screen is a connection between Ascension (1964) and Gorod Krovi (1943) who actually is next map

that the Richthofen crew visit after they were in Mob of the death and so after Zetsubou so is like both screens lead us in Gorod from

different paths. Also the whole #3 issue of the comic give us some answers about Gorod questions.

@anonymous thank you, I have been very busy last weeks. Anyway so do you know in which yr Zetsubou is located? bcs at this point I am very lost :weary:

COMPARED.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, The_Giant_935 said:

What's interesting is that the Nacht screen is a connection between Ascension (1964) and Gorod Krovi (1943)

I have never noticed that. So it might be very likely that the NdU loading screen is about Gersch. Interesting.

Anyway, your questions:

1) An exact date for Zetsubou no Shima is not known. We know, however, that the whole incident with Richthofen, ordered by the Illuminati to kill Maxis, teleports Samantha, Maxis and Fluffy away, takes place in 1945. As we see in the TG intro, Primis then arrive, kill the older Richthofen and activate a beacon. Primis then uses a "Riese" robot to go to Eagle's Nest (Der Eisendrache), as we see in the DE intro. After blowing up the Moon and collecting Dempsey's soal, Primis suddenly appear on a Japanese ship (as we see in the ZnS intro). That's why I till now always assumed that ZnS is after 1945.

2) The guy is holding a police/guard bat. And who else in the CoDZ storyline has such bat? That's right, the one and only Stanley "Brutus" Ferguson.

EDIT: The battle of Stalingrad took place in 1943. There are Dragons in Stalingrad. In Zetsubou no Shima there are experimental Dragon eggs together with Dragon "blueprints", which mean ZnS HAS to be before 1943. So 1941 could be possible

Keeping think about this loading screen I had some new questions and theories,

in the MOTD intro we see the guard Stanley Ferguson in its human aspect visiting the prisoners

then as we all know the Weasel (if I'm right) strikes him killing him or so. The crew gets off their cells

and they are now ready to escape but they are stopped by the return of same Ferguson that now have a zombie aspect.

The ways we know to become a zombie in the Treayrch universe are be exposed to element 115, be infected 

by other zombies or be in any kind of contact with them. But he don't seems do nothing of all that, he just gets

killed and then stand up as zombie. I wonder how he became a zombie?

In this loading screen we see him do some kind of ritual and in the map as well we have table set for rituals

so we assume he used do these rituals also before that we all play MOTD.

Is maybe trough these rituals that he's got zombies features? since he also looks like a special zombie

not only 4 its power but also the fact that he can speak it makes me think that its zombification process happened 

in a different way.

What you all think?

• Moderators

However Brutus says things like "I will reborn", "I will never die" and speaks as announcer in MotD grief (which seems odd to me. Is grief canon?), he also says "Im trapped here, just like you". So is he happy with his eternal life? Or is it nothing more than eternal suffering? My first thought goes to the Apothicans. Ferguson somehow came in contact with 115, and he came in that way in contact with the Apothicans. These Aetherial beings made deals with him, promised him eternal life, perhaps ultimate power and more. The Apothicans kinda corrupted him. Inhabited him. As they did with Richthofen, perhaps Samantha and the Shadowman. Even like the Dark Aether did with some Keepers. They literally twisted his mind. So he did rituals in order of the Apothicans in hope to reach the promises made. This somehow caused this universe to transport to what some call "purgatory"....whatever that is. I believe MotD might take place in @AetherialVoices's NEGATIVE 3th Dimension. Anyway, where this whole comment is about: Ferguson becomes an undead "announcer" in this dimension. But instead of enjoying his inhuman powers, he partly suffers of it. The Apothican part in him enjoys it, but the remaining human part of his soal suffers. He is killed, every time again, and reborns every time again. "I'm trapped here, just like you".

My main question is how Ferguson ever came in contact with 115. MotD is the map I know the least about, but is there any presence of some kind of lab or surgery room in Alcatraz? The pods may have importance for being 115-infected or include 115-infected bodies.

2 hours ago, The_Giant_935 said:

One other observation:

we know that the Richtofen crew goes there in Alcatraz to recover 

the blood samples from MOTD crew, but actually if I'm right it wasn't told to us

the exact process of how they gets this blood. How about if in these pods (that as @anonymous said

they seem be active) there are Weasel and the others?

That seems very likely to me. But why are they in such pods (made by Group 935)? And when?

• Moderators

Just played Revelations when I noticed a zombie investigation poster in the MotD room with the dead body, like the one in the Kino PaP-room. Together with that body on the chair, it seems that there are done experiments on the prisoners with 115 in Alcatraz. Is this room in MotD too?

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

Are you speaking of the room right before entering MotD from...I think the Origins tunnels?

Yeah, after the tunnels which I have always thought were Buried's. Is that room also present in the original MotD? The experimenting with 115 on prisoners could be the reason of Ferguson's contact with the Apothicans and the cryptogenic pods

Archived