The busdriver's quotes

anonymous

• Moderators

So with the recent release of comic issue #2, we get the info that the part of Broken Arrow experimenting with Ununpentium is so secret that most of Broken Arrow's agents and scientists did not even knew of its existence. That gives me the feeling that Broken Arrow is a HUGE scientific organization, instead of a relative small group only experimenting with 115. The map TranZit gave us the very kind and sometimes very mean NPC: The robotic bus driver. Has anyone ever listened to his quotes? They are pretty interesting. They include all kind of conspiracy top-secret sites in the United States. Could all these locations be secret stations of Broken Arrow? Let's do a short breakdown here. As a side note: He also talks about Hawaii, Grand Central Station, the Grand Canyon, Pismo Beach, Santa Monica, Harvard Yard and Yellowstone Park, but I excluded them in this post due to its most likely insignificance.

Welcome aboard, please secure all personal belongings and take your seat. Now departing for the H.A.A.R.P. research station.

HAARP.jpeg

The H.A.A.R.P. has been part of the zombie story since WaW. There are plenty of theories about it on our site, such as @Tac's one here:

Now arriving at Groom Lake. Last call for Groom Lake.

area-51-satellite-image.jpg

Groom Lake, also known as Area 51. I don't think I have to explain this one: We even play here during the "No Man's Land" part in the map Moon. It lays near Nuketown.

Bohemian Grove. Put on your hoods and disembark at Bohemian Grove.

Bohemian Grove is a campground in Monte Rio. In mid-July each year, Bohemian Grove hosts a two-week, three-weekend encampment of some of the most prominent men in the world, including presidents, governors, media executives, business leaders and other people of power. In the year 1942, a planning meeting for the Manhattan Project, the atomic bomb, took place here.

If you look out the windows on your right, you will see the beautiful Great Slate Lake. The greatest freshwater lake in the region.

The Great Slave Lake is, as it is named, a great lake in the North of Canada. In 1978, a Soviet Radar Ocean Reconnaissance Satellite, named Kosmos 954, built with an onboard nuclear reactor fell from orbit and disintegrated. Pieces of the nuclear core fell in the vicinity of Great Slave Lake.

Attention passengers, please activate clean-suits and disembark for Mount Weather.

mountweather8.png

The Mount Weather is said to be an atomic shelter. But not just a normal bunker. This enormous facility is a major relocation site for the highest level of civilian and military officials in case of a fallout, playing a major role in continuity of government. One thing: For what would this bunker be used when it is empty and not used?

Ladies and gentleman, we are now arriving at the Fast Flux Test Facility.

220px-FFTF_09050009-130_large.jpg

The Fast Flux Test Facility (FFTF) is a nuclear test reactor located in the 400 area of Hanford Site (where Green Run takes place), in the state Washington. It was built in 1978, and operated from 1980 till 1992, doing tests concerning "advanced nuclear fuels, materials, components, nuclear power plant operations and maintenance protocols, and reactor safety designs."

Please gather all Top Secret files, and disembark for Deep Springs Gravitational Anomaly.

Deep Springs, California, is an area that is known for some very odd events. It appears that there is a huge underground base under Deep Springs. An underground river of more than 25 Miles long, stretching through the Californian and Nevadan desert, is theorized to be part of that base too. CIA, aliens and weird devices: Take a look at this link:

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/branton/deepsprings.html

Now approaching tunnel entrance for Dulce Base.

94179_orig.jpg

Dulce Base is a military underground station located in New Mexico. Here too are claims of alien activity and UFO's (antigravity devices?).

Greenbrier Resort. Every one off for Greenbrier Resort.

240px-Greenbrier1.jpg

The Greenbrier resort seems to be a normal luxury resort, but nothing of that is true. In the late 1950s, the U.S. government approached The Greenbrier for assistance in creating a secret emergency bunker to house Congress in the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust, much like Mount Weatt, but much smaller. This classified, underground facility, was named "Project Greek Island".

Tehachapi Ranch, just ahead. Please gather your biohazard suits if Tehachapi Ranch is your stop.

northrop-secret-research-facility.jpg

The Tehachapi Ranch, officially known as the Northrop facility, is a facility located in the foothills near the city of Lancaster, California. Although the public is told that this is a cattle ranch, no livestock are visible anywhere on the property. When people ask what happens there, Northrop Corporation will say that this is an electromagnetic research facility. Sounds familar? There are also large radar or microwave dishes and strange looking pylons, with as purpose beaming electromagnetic radiation. These pylons rise up from underground out of openings in the middle of long, paved surfaces that resemble aircraft runways, but which are not used by any type of aircraft for landing or take-off.

It is thought that this facility goes down as many as 42 levels, and that tunnels link it to other nearby underground installations in the area.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Excellent analysis of the quotes, I had no idea they were actually significant. This begs the question of whether Broken Arrow was an independent organization ala Group 935, or if they were created and run by the CIA. In any case, this is all very interesting.

Also, I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the other locations he mentions: Hawaii, Grand Central Station, the Grand Canyon, Pismo Beach, Santa Monica, Harvard Yard and Yellowstone Park.

I could see all of these being locations where Broken Arrow would do secret testing, except maybe Santa Monica which may just be a reference to the fact Treyarch is based in Santa Monica. I've seen some conspiracies regarding ancient races and testing at the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. With Hawaii and Pismo they may be insignificant, but having a station near a coastline would prove beneficial in certain ways. For GCS and Harvard Yard, these are areas heavily populated with potential test subjects. Anyway, those are all the connections I could make.

Another thought also came to mind, that maybe around BO2's release there was some kind of ARG planned/put into action that no one ended up going after, and clues would be in these locations. Without exact coordinates though, I don't think this idea holds much water, but it's just a thought.

4 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Excellent analysis of the quotes, I had no idea they were actually significant. This begs the question of whether Broken Arrow was an independent organization ala Group 935, or if they were created and run by the CIA. In any case, this is all very interesting.

Also, I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the other locations he mentions: Hawaii, Grand Central Station, the Grand Canyon, Pismo Beach, Santa Monica, Harvard Yard and Yellowstone Park.

I could see all of these being locations where Broken Arrow would do secret testing, except maybe Santa Monica which may just be a reference to the fact Treyarch is based in Santa Monica. I've seen some conspiracies regarding ancient races and testing at the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. With Hawaii and Pismo they may be insignificant, but having a station near a coastline would prove beneficial in certain ways. For GCS and Harvard Yard, these are areas heavily populated with potential test subjects. Anyway, those are all the connections I could make.

Another thought also came to mind, that maybe around BO2's release there was some kind of ARG planned/put into action that no one ended up going after, and clues would be in these locations. Without exact coordinates though, I don't think this idea holds much water, but it's just a thought.

Honestly, I agree with the above quote. I'd have never thought that these things would reach any type of significance, but it definitely explains the quotes that the Bus Driver always said.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Ah, those are connections I would never have made. I just viewed each Wikipedia page and when I didn't saw anything interesting, I just excluded them in the post. But when I think deeper now: Perhaps Yellowstone and Grand Canyon could be entrances of a cave system leading to Hollow Earth, like the Kentucky Mamoth caves, as seen on this map.Agartha Map.jpg

About Hawaii, isn't there a sattelite-park somewhere there? And as far as I read on the internet, there are lots of UFO theories and military bases there, so there are lots of possible connections to Broken Arrow.

I too think that BO2 originally would be based on conspiracy theories, like in WaW and BO1, but now especially in the abandoned deserts of the United States. All the bus driver quotes seem to hint to the Manhattan Project. And perhaps Broken Arrow had a much bigger role in that BO2. I feel that we were given way to less info about that. Die Rise and Buried are awesome maps, both one of my favorites, but looking at the backstory of those locations it does not make a lot of sense. It would be better if they had linked those places somehow to Broken Arrow or Group 935.

• Moderators

The Santa Monica reference actually reminded me of an old theory regarding Treyarch actually existing in-universe because of Dempsey's fourth wall references to them, the III-Arc sign on the "Five" electric traps, and the Treyarch symbol being visible on the crystals in Shangri-La. If all these locations are meant to be Broken Arrow stations then Treyarch being one of them would be interesting given their small appearances.

Anyway, I agree there is way more significance to the bus driver in TranZit than we give him credit for. I really hope with Broken Arrow facilities in the comics we see a robot of the same make as the bus driver, with arms and legs of course. I think TranZit still has a lot of mystery yet to be uncovered.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

The Santa Monica reference actually reminded me of an old theory regarding Treyarch actually existing in-universe because of Dempsey's fourth wall references to them, the III-Arc sign on the "Five" electric traps, and the Treyarch symbol being visible on the crystals in Shangri-La. If all these locations are meant to be Broken Arrow stations then Treyarch being one of them would be interesting given their small appearances.

Anyway, I agree there is way more significance to the bus driver in TranZit than we give him credit for. I really hope with Broken Arrow facilities in the comics we see a robot of the same make as the bus driver, with arms and legs of course. I think TranZit still has a lot of mystery yet to be uncovered.

Dont forget the Zombie Labs trailers, the neon board in Die Rise saying "Treyarch" in Mandarin, and the Treyarch symbol on the TV screens in the BO1 zombie menu. And I definitely agree with you with that last point.

I really thought all these locations would go somewhere, but unfortunately they didn't. 

One thing Ive wanted to do (but never did) is map out all these locations to see if there was something else. A shape or picture or so?

There are 3 underlying contexts. Each location represents either - 

• Secret Underground Military bases

• Nuclear Sites

• Natural Disasters

This thread is probably all I formatted now

As for - 

Hawaii - Volcanos

Grand Central Station - had an underground tunnel to a hotel

Grand Canyon - (can't remember) conspiracy about caves or something

Santa Monica Boulevard - Earthquake Faultline & Tsunami warnings at the beach. (Is it also the end of Route 66?)

Havard Yard - prob something underground or Skull & Bones?

Yellowstine Park - is a giant Volcano

Archived