Greer

Dead Again: Foreshadowing Revelations?

Greer    9

"The tide has turned into rain"

This line has been discussed before, and I have thought about it quite a bit, but I've not considered it after the knowledge we have post-Revelations.

One interpretation of this line in Dead Again is that it is referring to the water cycle, where the 'tide', or the ocean, turns into rain and begins the water cycle once more

As we know, Revelations' ending is effectively the beginning of the Origins->Revelations cycle that we have come to know, so what I'm beginning to wonder is if this song actually foreshadowed the ending of Black Ops 3 all the way back in February.

I understand that the group of people that know the plan for zombies is a very small one, so I'm not fully sure if Kevin Sherwood, Brian Tuey and the sound team would've been given such information as to how the game would eventually end so far in advance to write some song lyrics that hint at such a thing. Thoughts?

Awards

Rissole25    378

If they don't know the exact details, I would say they have a rough idea at least. Take 115 for example.

"Look to the skies, to see the end of all creation again"

There are so many instances that line could apply to. Moon. Origins. Revelations. All of BO2.

And I believe looking back at Archangel, it refers to the Apothicons/Shadowman, right @Lizizadolphin?

• Like 1

Greer    9
On 21/01/2017 at 6:07 AM, Rissole25 said:

If they don't know the exact details, I would say they have a rough idea at least. Take 115 for example.

"Look to the skies, to see the end of all creation again"

There are so many instances that line could apply to. Moon. Origins. Revelations. All of BO2.

And I believe looking back at Archangel, it refers to the Apothicons/Shadowman, right @Lizizadolphin?

They clearly have some idea then. Just another reason to love the hidden songs

Dead Ended also has a lot of this foreshadowing, although GK and Revelations were side by side it seems, so this is less of a surprise

Even the title makes you think this is the end for our characters

Edited by Greer
Wrong Quote

Awards