InfestLithium    515

Chapter 2 really has that enticing imagery going on...and I'm a sucker for medieval imagery. :tounge_xd:

Also, noticed an error in Chapter 2:

“Is Hilda the reason your are so forlorn, Doctor?”

Just being a little grammar Nazi zombie, that's all. 

• Like 1

anonymous    325
3 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

I swear I googled the average male weight and that's what it was, since I don't know metric well. I probably read the number backwards or something.

As for Mississippi, that is definitely a part of it, and also I wanted to illustrate the diversity of Group 935 when it began.

Yeah well, 84 kg could very good be the average weight for men. For women I think its like 65 kg. What's an average weight in pounds?

Awards

RadZakpak    85
2 hours ago, anonymous said:

Yeah well, 84 kg could very good be the average weight for men. For women I think its like 65 kg. What's an average weight in pounds?

Somewhere around 180 for men and 160 for women. The issue is corrected now with a new number.

6 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Chapter 2 really has that enticing imagery going on...and I'm a sucker for medieval imagery. :tounge_xd:

Also, noticed an error in Chapter 2:

Just being a little grammar Nazi zombie, that's all. 

Thanks! And the error should be fixed now.

RadZakpak    85

Chapter 3: "Revelations" is now up on the Storybook section of the site!

Months after the incident involving the MTD and a dead man rising from the dead, Doctor Richtofen sits down for lunch with his colleagues only to uncover a secret which has the potential to affect the plans of his contemporaries in the Illuminati.

anonymous    325
7 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Chapter 3: "Revelations" is now up on the Storybook section of the site!

Months after the incident involving the MTD and a dead man rising from the dead, Doctor Richtofen sits down for lunch with his colleagues only to uncover a secret which has the potential to affect the plans of his contemporaries in the Illuminati.

Yesh! The Illuminati! That's what I missed in the old Book 1

Awards

RadZakpak    85

Well folks, here is chapter 4 of Book 1, Success: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/story/book1ch4

I'm sorry for the really long wait and very slow releases. Truth is I think I'm a little burnt out writing about Ultimis, probably because it's pretty much all I've written about so far. I think I'm going to start writing in a non-linear fashion, just writing what I feel most interested in at the moment, because I think that makes them better and I should write more often that way. I also want to slow down the releases a bit, and try to release several chapters at once. Starting a chapter then dropping it for something else can be frustrating and jarring for the reader and I want to try and release clusters of chapters that make something satisfying rather than one at a time with a completely unknown amount of time between.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter, and don't worry, I will get back to Book 1 when I'm back in the mood. I have a basic outline of every chapter I want in the entire book.

• Like 1

anonymous    325

I had a very good read. I am really fund on the scientific explanations (elemental composition from radiation of an element holding 115 protons) and that part about their school years. Was fun. Looking forward to a next chapter, does not matter what book. I am curious to any story (Ultimis, Victis, Primus, etc). What book do you feel like working on the most?

Awards

RadZakpak    85
13 hours ago, anonymous said:

I had a very good read. I am really fund on the scientific explanations (elemental composition from radiation of an element holding 115 protons) and that part about their school years. Was fun. Looking forward to a next chapter, does not matter what book. I am curious to any story (Ultimis, Victis, Primus, etc). What book do you feel like working on the most?

I'm most intersted in doing Book 4 (Primis) and Tales right now. But I may mix it up just to keep myself from getting into a rut.

RadZakpak    85

Hey guys, I'm back with some new chapters I've been working on (Shocking, I know.)

Here's Chapter 5: "Infernal Rite", Chapter 6: "Great Science", and Chapter 7: "Extraterrestrial".

ALSO, here is Chapter 1 of Book 4, entitled "A Guide To The Universe". I wouldn't consider this an official start to the Primis story, as I am still mapping that out. But I went ahead and made this introductory chapter starring Monty, and I really just wanted opinions on how I portrayed Monty and if I did a good enough job in establishing how the multiverse works in layman's terms. I want the chapter to be a good explanation of the Keepers, the Apothicons, Agartha, the Aether, and the fractured multiverse, and I am no expert on the subject. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on the subject can offer a better way to explain it.

As always, I will be back.

• Like 1

anonymous    325

Great! I like it how Monty's story summarizes the events happened prior, in Book 1, 2 and 3. In this way, Book 4 will continue the Anthagony excellently.

Oh, one small request. In the old chapter of Extraterrestrial, the Apothicans in Richthofen's head say "Coming home". That quote gave me the chills, really. Would you mind putting that quote back into it? Furthermore, awesome work as always, Rad

• Like 1

Awards

RadZakpak    85
18 hours ago, anonymous said:

Great! I like it how Monty's story summarizes the events happened prior, in Book 1, 2 and 3. In this way, Book 4 will continue the Anthagony excellently.

Oh, one small request. In the old chapter of Extraterrestrial, the Apothicans in Richthofen's head say "Coming home". That quote gave me the chills, really. Would you mind putting that quote back into it? Furthermore, awesome work as always, Rad

Thanks! And I do vaguely remember the Coming Home line but the latest version of the old storybook doesn't have the line either and I'm not sure why. Where was the line specifically? I'm guessing near the end as he's trying to talk to the natives. I think my reasoning for changing that was to add in the "destruction of your world" line since we now know the Shadowman is in his head. But I'll fit in that line too because I agree it was fitting.

EDIT: I looked through the original and the line was actually in the Rebellion chapter when they complete Griffin Station.

RadZakpak    85

Hey everyone, really long time no see. I have good news and bad news. The good news is, despite the hiatus, I am not giving up on this project. Honestly, I think about potential story threads and character encounters all the time. But, with every yin, there is a yang, and the truth is I am overwhelmed with school work more so than previous semesters, and for that reason the hiatus will probably continue. It seems worrying that I have not released a full chapter since July 26th, if you could even count that Monty intro as a full chapter. But there is a multiverse chapter centered around Takeo that I did some work on during a short bout of free time, but I have had very little of it since to finish it.

I hate to just pop in, empty-handed, to say that I'm busy again. So I will leave you with some behind-the-scenes preliminary stuff I've written that will hopefully spark some interest in the project again. As always, criticisms and suggestions are encouraged. Better to get them out now than after I've already written them I suppose.

First I present a rough draft of the first chapter of Honor's Suffering. It is meant to tell Takeo's story at Division 9's Island facility right up until the events of Zetsubou No Shima. You will notice it ends very abruptly because I had to go to class and never got around to finishing it. So note this is a first draft and partially incomplete.

This is the outline for chapters 1-7 of Honor's Suffering, going into detail on the plot of each chapter. I was really looking forward to writing this one and hope to at some point soon.

Here is the outline for the first 8 chapters of Book 3. I wrote these out when I was really invested in Victis' story, and I really did look forward to expanding on them since they are not characterized in the game very well and I have a lot of freedom to take them where I want.

Here is the outline for all 45 chapters of Book 1 after chapter 7. Yep, I planned that far ahead. These are fairly basic but that is mostly because I based it around the events of the timeline.

I also have the last set of chapters for Book 4 planned out in detail. Why am I not showing them here? Well, they're too awesome to be shown as just an outline. I think the experience would be spoiled if I just revealed what I had planned for them as they have me very excited. So maybe a while down the road when I get around to Book 4 and get to the end, I will be able to write out those chapters.

Anyway, I hope this all made up for the hiatus, just a little bit. I am not giving up on this project. I am already too invested. Let's just hope Treyarch's next game doesn't flip everything I think I know upside down again

anonymous    325

Hey everyone, really long time no see. I have good news and bad news. The good news is, despite the hiatus, I am not giving up on this project. Honestly, I think about potential story threads and character encounters all the time. But, with every yin, there is a yang, and the truth is I am overwhelmed with school work more so than previous semesters, and for that reason the hiatus will probably continue. It seems worrying that I have not released a full chapter since July 26th, if you could even count that Monty intro as a full chapter. But there is a multiverse chapter centered around Takeo that I did some work on during a short bout of free time, but I have had very little of it since to finish it.

I hate to just pop in, empty-handed, to say that I'm busy again. So I will leave you with some behind-the-scenes preliminary stuff I've written that will hopefully spark some interest in the project again. As always, criticisms and suggestions are encouraged. Better to get them out now than after I've already written them I suppose.

First I present a rough draft of the first chapter of Honor's Suffering. It is meant to tell Takeo's story at Division 9's Island facility right up until the events of Zetsubou No Shima. You will notice it ends very abruptly because I had to go to class and never got around to finishing it. So note this is a first draft and partially incomplete.

This is the outline for chapters 1-7 of Honor's Suffering, going into detail on the plot of each chapter. I was really looking forward to writing this one and hope to at some point soon.

Here is the outline for the first 8 chapters of Book 3. I wrote these out when I was really invested in Victis' story, and I really did look forward to expanding on them since they are not characterized in the game very well and I have a lot of freedom to take them where I want.

Here is the outline for all 45 chapters of Book 1 after chapter 7. Yep, I planned that far ahead. These are fairly basic but that is mostly because I based it around the events of the timeline.

I also have the last set of chapters for Book 4 planned out in detail. Why am I not showing them here? Well, they're too awesome to be shown as just an outline. I think the experience would be spoiled if I just revealed what I had planned for them as they have me very excited. So maybe a while down the road when I get around to Book 4 and get to the end, I will be able to write out those chapters.

Anyway, I hope this all made up for the hiatus, just a little bit. I am not giving up on this project. I am already too invested. Let's just hope Treyarch's next game doesn't flip everything I think I know upside down again

Whoa, those stories are really pretty. The Honor's Suffering storyline is very good: The emphasis lays on horrific experiments, the abuse of nature and questionable ethics. I also like the fact that this story is merely something small that happened in the Grand Scheme of the Zombie Story, yet you have worked it out and created a true story of it. 

The story of Victis is epic as well: I like it how it starts with "some zombies on the street" which turns out to be a global apocalypse later. Something that you have not mentioned, but you might want to add in a chapter as side information, is the breakdown of Earth's governments, facilities, etc (chaos in the UN HQ, floods in coastral areas, people who fled to islands, megacities (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacity) that are overrun by the undead, military performance that fails, etc). On the other hand, not talking about it gives the story a pretty neat "Mystery" and "Ignorance" feeling: The survivors have lost all contact with the rest of the world and are really on their own now. 

I am in the last grade of pre-university education: My activity on the site is decreased as well. The year turns out to be harder then I initially thought, but I also like it because after 6 years, the entire class became a really close group. Anyway, good to hear from you Rad, and good to know the story is still WIP. And remember, there is no obligation: Work on it only when you feel like.

Alot of luck!

Awards

RequixEclipse    106

If only I could sit and truly share and collaborate with you on this my friend I think there is so much more. Not to discredit any of your fine work here my friend I do enjoy it. There is some pretty crazy shiz in the works..