RadZakpak    85

Have you ever wanted to experience the Call of Duty Zombies storyline as a narrative, interweaving all the little details to make a story that can be read anywhere?

The CoD Zombies Storybook is an anthology project, telling every facet of the zombies storyline in a narrative fashion for easier reading and understanding, with some artistic liberties and theories thrown in to keep the story cohesive.

If you would like to view each chapter on the site, click here. You can click any chapter on the sidebar to the left, and any major changes to chapters since their publishing will be noted at the bottom of the page

If you would like to view a .pdf version of my work, click here for Book 1 and click here for Book 2.

Description of Book 1 (Work in Progress)

Book 1 of the Call of Duty Zombies storybook follows Doctor Edward Richtofen in the events preceding Shi No Numa chronologically. Read on from Richtofen's twisted point of view as he plots the downfall of colleague Doctor Maxis, and know the full extent of Group 935's cooperation with Nazi Germany.

Description of Book 2 (Work in Progress)

Book 2 of the Call of Duty Zombies storybook follows Edward Richtofen, "Tank" Dempsey, Takeo Masaki, and Nikolai Belinski, formally known as Ultimis, as they travel through time and space fighting Samantha's minions. Learn more about the infamous main cast of Black Ops Zombies as they fight the undead in pursuit of Richtofen's grand plan.

Description of Book 3 (Coming Soon)

Book 3 of the Call of Duty Zombies storybook follows Abigail "Misty" Briarton, Samuel Stuhlinger, Marlton Johnson, and Russman, formally known as Victis, as they fight the undead on the hellscape that was once Earth. Following the events of Moon, humanity is at the will of two mysterious voices from beyond commanding them to do their bidding. Just as in Black Ops 2 Zombies, readers will be able to choose who our heroes follow in their quest to find peace in the apocalypse.

Description of Book 4 (Coming Soon)

Book 4 of the Call of Duty Zombies storybook follows Edward Richtofen, "Tank" Dempsey, Takeo Masaki, and Nikolai Belinski from an alternate universe and known formally as Primis, starting at their first acquaintance at the dig site in France with Origins, all the way through their journey to set things right in Black Ops 3.

Description of Tales from the Multiverse (Work in Progress)

Tales from the Multiverse will be a collection of assorted stories depicted in ciphers, radios, as well as standalone maps. Smaller stories such as Mob of the Dead and Shadows of Evil will be held here. Also in the Tales book will be stories such as Takeo Masaki's time on the island depicted in Zetsubou No Shima, held in captivity and tortured, or the adventures of Brock and Gary, searching for the mysterious Shangri-La. Stories in Tales from the Multiverse will be divided into arcs, with those arcs having individual chapters, and stories in this book will show up sporadically as I write the other books, because of their standalone nature.

My goal with the storybook is for readers to have an easy to understand and an entertaining source of zombies knowledge. If you have any criticism or any concern regarding accuracy of information, please ask in this thread. The purpose of this thread is to suggest any changes and provide criticism for the way the story is told. I am an amateur writer, and criticism will only help me. I will also use this thread to update when a new chapter is posted.

NOTE TO ANY NEW READERS: Do not take my work as a definitive understanding of the storyline. Understand that there are many points in the zombies storyline left ambiguous or that were completely abandoned by Treyarch. My goal with the storybook is to use commonly accepted theories from the community to fill in these gaps to create a cohesive story. Simply, do not use my storybook as the be-all end-all source of storyline knowledge, as much of it is speculation, and as the storyline continues to evolve under community intervention, things will change in the story.

• Like 4

anonymous    340

He is working on this for a while now, and its great to see every week or something, the book gets updated with a new chapter. What I think is very well done are the characters. Richthofen is a crazy intelligent psychopath (and the leader of the group), Takeo is the only sane and wise one (I really wonder where @RadZakpak gets all these wise quotes and proverbs from), Nikolai the vodka addicted communist, and Dempsey the brutal hard-language guy. Even the relations between the characters (such as between Richthofen and Nikolai) are done very well.

Awards

RadZakpak    85

Chapter 12: "Hemlock Philosophy" is now up on the site here. In this chapter we explore Takeo's plans for the future, and his past training as a Samurai. The crew regroups to prepare for their final departure from Der Riese, discovering one final secret held within Group 935's facility.

Steelie    14

This is amazing! Hats off to you for taking on such an enormous project, I'll be sure to read it!

InfestLithium    520

Question about Chapter 12:

fFor the Fly Trap to activate, didn't it take a PaP'ed weapon to start the event? I could be wrong though since I only remember the BO remastered classic maps...not sure if a grenade worked in WaW.

anonymous    340
28 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

Question about Chapter 12:

fFor the Fly Trap to activate, didn't it take a PaP'ed weapon to start the event? I could be wrong though since I only remember the BO remastered classic maps...not sure if a grenade worked in WaW.

I was wondering the same. Dempsey uses a grenade, although I believe his weapon is not PAP'ed, so even if he shoots the trap does not work.

Awards

Steelie    14

I'm wondering in the prologue, the perspective seems to switch between third person and Raines' perspective?

RadZakpak    85
3 hours ago, anonymous said:

I was wondering the same. Dempsey uses a grenade, although I believe his weapon is not PAP'ed, so even if he shoots the trap does not work.

I meant to imply he Packed a weapon of his while he was off with Nikolai and Takeo, sorry it wasn't more clear. Also truthfully I think having to use a Packed weapon is just a gameplay mechanic to make the fly trap something harder to find. Using any kind of force on the panel I imagine would activate it.

2 hours ago, Steelie said:

I'm wondering in the prologue, the perspective seems to switch between third person and Raines' perspective?

Yes, the perspective tends to switch around when it's most convinient, and I try to keep chapters consistent and keep it clear whose point of view we are reading from.

• Like 2

Steelie    14

I absolutely love how you worked in the radios by the way!!

RadZakpak    85

I have gone back to Book 1 and fixed many grammatical and continuity errors in several chapters. Nothing too major besides Chapter 12 - "Asylum" being changed to Chapter 18, to better fit the timeline of events. Also some wording is changed in the prologue since it is meant to take place after the war has ended.

I have also added rough dates and locations to each chapter to hopefully clear up some confusion and better establish setting. Unfortunately many events in the story are undated.

RadZakpak    85

Chapter 13: "Retreat" is now up on the storybook section of the site here. Now together again, our characters prepare to depart from Der Riese in a teleporter modified by Doctor Richtofen, but plans are rushed and they are accidentally thrust into a strange new setting they are not prepared for.

InfestLithium    520

Finally, now we're getting into Black Ops territory.

The best part. (Also, like the MTD/MDT reference!)

RadZakpak    85

Chapter 14: "Kino der Toten" is now up on the site here. Our crew finds themselves twenty years in the future, fending for their lives in an abandoned theater used by Group 935. What horrors will they uncover in their quest to escape the Theater of the Damned?

This is my favorite chapter yet and probably the longest one. Hope everyone enjoys, it was a labor of love.

anonymous    340
11 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Chapter 14: "Kino der Toten" is now up on the site here. Our crew finds themselves twenty years in the future, fending for their lives in an abandoned theater used by Group 935. What horrors will they uncover in their quest to escape the Theater of the Damned?

This is my favorite chapter yet and probably the longest one. Hope everyone enjoys, it was a labor of love.

Love it. You describe this map and the horrors within just as perfect as you did with the previous 2 maps.

Awards

RadZakpak    85
4 hours ago, anonymous said:

Love it. You describe this map and the horrors within just as perfect as you did with the previous 2 maps.

Thank you! That's one reason I'm excited to get to Black Ops III with Zetsubou: I love describing the horror of a map.

RadZakpak    85

So I took a look back at Book 1 of the anthology, and was shocked to find that in my word processor I only filled out 52 pages. In comparison, I have filled out 92 pages for Book 2, and I'm not even halfway done. This makes me feel I have skimped a lot of good info with Book 1 and would like to go back at some point and further flesh it out.

I would like to know what everyone here would like to see further expanded in Book 1? Some ideas I thought of were perhaps bringing up Richtofen's involvement with the Illuminati (Which would do wonders filling in that gap between 1939 and 1945 in the first group of chapters). I also ask if you guys feel there should be chapters explaining things like the Vril-Ya, the Aether, the Keepers/Apothicons, etc., or would that be too much for an introduction to the story when these elements won't even show up until future books.

So yeah, let me know if you have any ideas for chapters or how I should further expand on certain characters. Because Book 1 is before the games I don't have a whole lot to work with outside the radios.

anonymous    340
10 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

So I took a look back at Book 1 of the anthology, and was shocked to find that in my word processor I only filled out 52 pages. In comparison, I have filled out 92 pages for Book 2, and I'm not even halfway done. This makes me feel I have skimped a lot of good info with Book 1 and would like to go back at some point and further flesh it out.

I would like to know what everyone here would like to see further expanded in Book 1? Some ideas I thought of were perhaps bringing up Richtofen's involvement with the Illuminati (Which would do wonders filling in that gap between 1939 and 1945 in the first group of chapters). I also ask if you guys feel there should be chapters explaining things like the Vril-Ya, the Aether, the Keepers/Apothicons, etc., or would that be too much for an introduction to the story when these elements won't even show up until future books.

So yeah, let me know if you have any ideas for chapters or how I should further expand on certain characters. Because Book 1 is before the games I don't have a whole lot to work with outside the radios.

I have thought about the possible fact that the Illuminati are the Apothicans. You know, with Richthofen's "deal" with the Shadowman. An idea that has to less prove to be proved, but perhaps an idea. The Illuminati for sure is an interesting topic. I love the Apothican voices in Richthofen's head you sometimes mention, really well done those. But the whole Apothican and Keeper stuff was discovered by Richthofen only after Origins. In WaW and BO1 there is actually very little mentioned about them. Perhaps you could briefly mention them when Maxis (or perhaps Richthofen) is investigating them. Or the invention of the VR-11 using Vrill energy (I believe). The research to the "Hollow Earth"/Agartha/Aether. I believe you have already mentioned the three Vimana's. Tunguska. The Nazi expeditions to the Poles in order to find Agartha, and that kind of stuff.

Maybe you can talk a bit more about the secret research stuff of Maxis which Richthofen finds in the safe in Der Riese in Book 2. Or perhaps you could talk more about the stations Group 935 sets up, like Kino der Toten and Shangri La (or perhaps you would rather keep them secret and introduce them in Book 2, discovered by Richthofen.

Overal, it is logical that Book 1 is shorter, because the only information you got about that are some theories and the radio's. Book 2 you base on the game features, the map layout, and practically everything Treyarch gave us.

Awards

RadZakpak    85

I decided to depart from the expected for a little bit, and started a Tales from the Multiverse arc titled "Whispers of Morg City". Chapters 1-3 can be found on the site here. I plan to do 7 chapters for this arc.

Uncover the deep, alluring secrets of Morg City, a city shrouded in darkness and mystery. Follow a young reporter looking for quick cash from the mysterious Mr. Rapt, as he studies life in the bustling Morg City.

Once the 7 chapters are done, I should return back to Book 2. I just needed a bit of a break and school lately has been hell on my productivity.

• Like 1

InfestLithium    520

Compeltely in love with the Morg City stories! Really pulls you into the limelight and premier of the city before becoming corrupted. Fantastic storytelling as always, @RadZakpak!

I do have a question about Chapter 2 of it: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/story/morgcitych2/

I know @PINNAZ found the "Cursed" promo image Treyarch made to be the Chicago skyline, but I was curious to see as if Morg City were also based around Chicago? In this chapter, it seems like Morg City was within vicinity of San Fracisco. While it only make sense because the MotD mobsters were based in SF, I just wanted clairty on if you thought that same thing when making the two cities within close proximity?

• Like 1

RadZakpak    85
1 hour ago, InfestLithium said:

Compeltely in love with the Morg City stories! Really pulls you into the limelight and premier of the city before becoming corrupted. Fantastic storytelling as always, @RadZakpak!

I do have a question about Chapter 2 of it: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/story/morgcitych2/

I know @PINNAZ found the "Cursed" promo image Treyarch made to be the Chicago skyline, but I was curious to see as if Morg City were also based around Chicago? In this chapter, it seems like Morg City was within vicinity of San Fracisco. While it only make sense because the MotD mobsters were based in SF, I just wanted clairty on if you thought that same thing when making the two cities within close proximity?

I did not take into account the Chicago theory when I was writing, so I meant to leave it very ambiguous. The thing is, the actual phone call in SoE has the tram departing to the Waterfront District. So if the phone call is actually right after the Ferguson interview in San Francisco as it is implied, the reporter takes a direct route from SF to Morg City, which may very well be in the Chicago area. I meant to base the proximity of Morg City and the Reporter's apartment on the Reporter's accent, which gives me a vibe that he is from that general area. But now that I think about it, having him travel across the country to SF to interview one guy, then immediately go across the country again to Morg City, which is very close to his home as I stated it is kind of ludicrous. So I may do some rewrites to have him live closer to California to justify him going out of his way to find Ferguson before relocating to Morg City, across the country. If anyone knows a bit more about accents and where the reporter might be from, that may make things easier.

Also, thanks for the compliments! I've been really interested in the lore surrounding Morg City recently and just had to get the story out while ideas were fresh. Things are about to start getting stranger.

InfestLithium    520

I think the easiest way to compare is to match the accents of the Mobsters to the Reporter. Because if we know the mobsters to have been based in SF and acknowledge their presence in Morg City, that would evidently link Morg City near the SF area no?

The mobsters' voice actors probably didn't put too much emphasis on accents - just used their normal, but slightly more abrasive, dialect.

RadZakpak    85
3 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

I think the easiest way to compare is to match the accents of the Mobsters to the Reporter. Because if we know the mobsters to have been based in SF and acknowledge their presence in Morg City, that would evidently link Morg City near the SF area no?

The mobsters' voice actors probably didn't put too much emphasis on accents - just used their normal, but slightly more abrasive, dialect.

It would make sense for Morg City to be close to San Francisco rather than Chicago. While the skyline in the Cursed poster is interesting, it is probably just stock imagery used as a base for the art. I will update the story accordingly.

anonymous    340

You said the whole reporter/Morg City stuff takes place in 1944, while in fact, it is in 1942.

In this post, @Tac explains that promotional material for Shadows of Evil has stated that the map is a 1940s world.  Additionally, the only year in the 1940s in which April 10th falls on a Friday (as seen on the Snapchat promotional material) is 1942.

Awards

RadZakpak    85
2 hours ago, anonymous said:

You said the whole reporter/Morg City stuff takes place in 1944, while in fact, it is in 1942.

In this post, @Tac explains that promotional material for Shadows of Evil has stated that the map is a 1940s world.  Additionally, the only year in the 1940s in which April 10th falls on a Friday (as seen on the Snapchat promotional material) is 1942.

Thank you, I will adjust accordingly. Not sure where I got the idea it was in 1944.