• Moderators
On ‎28‎-‎2‎-‎2017 at 0:05 AM, RadZakpak said:

Chapters 4 and 5 of Whispers of Morg City are now up on the site. Chapter 4: "Marketplace" is here. Chapter 5: "The Order" is here.

After weeks of becoming acclimated to Morg City's night life, the young Californian reporter discovers a strange disease corrupting the people of Waterfront District, and sets out to find answers on its origins.

Thanks for reading everyone! Things have been very busy for me lately and they don't seem to be slowing down. Hopefully Spring Break will give me some more time to write.

Nice. The atmosphere is really good is these two chapters. Gives me the creeps. And I just realize that those pods/fungus are the first Apothican creatures (excluding zombies) we see in the story, aren't they?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, anonymous said:

Nice. The atmosphere is really good is these two chapters. Gives me the creeps. And I just realize that those pods/fungus are the first Apothican creatures (excluding zombies) we see in the story, aren't they?

Yep! I quite look forward to writing more about them in the future.

Also, Chapters 6 and 7 of Whispers of Morg City are now up on the site. Chapter 6: "Persons of Intrigue" is here. Chapter 7: "The Alley" is here.

The Reporter sets out to find information on the four individuals of Shadows of Evil fame that Mr. Rapt is interested in. He finds himself caught between two sides in a conflict he knows nothing about.

This concludes the Whispers of Morg City arc. I hope everyone enjoyed! I know I enjoyed writing it. I will now be returning to writing Book 2.

• Administrators

What a way to end this off! Love the Morg City story. Just a few minor irks though:

Chapter 6 has some missing words and errors grammatically from the beginning to middle of the chapter. I'm on mobile and can't flip back on forth, so excuse the hastiness.

Also, Jessica Rose performed at the Black Lace Burlesque but it keeps being written as the Ruby Rabbit. The Ruby Rabbit was actually the "strip club" of Morg City whereas the burlesque is where Jessica performs/the lounge where each of the featured stars meet up for the first time before being cursed.

Regarding Chapter 7...not sure if that's where the reporter dies (the alley). While it does make up for the suspense most definitely - and oh boy did you really make that a climatic buildup by the way - we know the reporter's corpse is instead found in the Footlight District in one of the shop windows. I guess the cursed version of Morg City we play in changes the location of his body, but I wasn't sure if you had that in mind when depicting where the reporter would die at?

• Moderators

Awesome work @RadZakpak! Awesome ending too. Do you have in mind to make a story about the thing going on in-game in SoE too, or is that something our own imagination should work out? Perhaps you can shortly talk about them in your "Origins-Revelations" book.

And to @InfestLithium, in the end Jack Vincent says: "“Lucky me, I guess. Get rid of him. No investigation". Perhaps they quickly lay the body of the reporter in that shop untill they found a good hiding location, just so he is gone from the street. Although no one in Morg City seems to really care about one dead person

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

What a way to end this off! Love the Morg City story. Just a few minor irks though:

Chapter 6 has some missing words and errors grammatically from the beginning to middle of the chapter. I'm on mobile and can't flip back on forth, so excuse the hastiness.

Also, Jessica Rose performed at the Black Lace Burlesque but it keeps being written as the Ruby Rabbit. The Ruby Rabbit was actually the "strip club" of Morg City whereas the burlesque is where Jessica performs/the lounge where each of the featured stars meet up for the first time before being cursed.

Regarding Chapter 7...not sure if that's where the reporter dies (the alley). While it does make up for the suspense most definitely - and oh boy did you really make that a climatic buildup by the way - we know the reporter's corpse is instead found in the Footlight District in one of the shop windows. I guess the cursed version of Morg City we play in changes the location of his body, but I wasn't sure if you had that in mind when depicting where the reporter would die at?

Thanks for the input, I will look back over the chapters for errors and correct the Ruby Rabbit/Burlesque mistake. Haven't play Shadows as much recently as I would like to.

As for the reporter's death, the cipher by Richtofen explaining what happened to the reporter mentions Richtofen stabbing him near where the truck and crate are, so I felt it made sense for him to die there. As for him being propped up in the chair in Canals or Footlight (Can't remember), I feel that may just be the cursed version of Morg City, however, I did originally plan to write a part at the end of Chapter 7, with Jack Vincent and the other cops propping him up in the chair and leaving him to die, possibly after interrogating him while he bled out. I may go back and add that in the end.

1 minute ago, anonymous said:

Awesome work @RadZakpak! Awesome ending too. Do you have in mind to make a story about the thing going on in-game in SoE too, or is that something our own imagination should work out? Perhaps you can shortly talk about them in your "Origins-Revelations" book.

And to @InfestLithium, in the end Jack Vincent says: "“Lucky me, I guess. Get rid of him. No investigation". Perhaps they quickly lay the body of the reporter in that shop untill they found a good hiding location, just so he is gone from the street. Although no one in Morg City seems to really care about one dead person

There will be a Shadows of Evil arc as well whenever I get around to Black Ops III era, showing the SoE characters right before the map begins, as well as the events in the map itself.

• Moderators

Chapter 15: "The Room" is now up on the site here.

Now well acquainted with Group 935's Theater Facility, our crew must now utilize the abandoned MTD prototype present in the theater if they are to escape with their lives intact.

Also, made some teensy-weensy changes to the Morg City arc, mostly grammar, fixed some continuity where I had said Campbell had never boxed before when he just hasn't boxed for 18 months prior, and changed Devil's Donuts to Devil-O Donuts (Finally got to play some Shadows of Evil recently, still as great as I remember.) But I digress.

Enjoy the chapter everyone!

• Administrators

Gotta say friendo, your writing has vastly improved since you originally started. It's like having a Camaro but upgradingto an Aventador - glorious reading, and very succulent on the imagery/narratives! Also, your backstory insight on the characters without over doing it is incredible.

Can't wait to see how you transition FIVE and Ascenion! ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Chapter 16: "Space Race" is now up on the site here.

With a limited supply of Element 115, Edward Richtofen must create a new plan for returning to Griffin Station using clues present in this new era as well as his own intuition, all while deceiving his three odd comrades.

Lots of fun little story bits here! After this I should be writing the multiverse chapters centering around "Five", and everyone will be happy to know I already have those chapters outlined in terms of events, so look forward to that!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Nah, but seriously folks, here is Chapter 1 of Attack on the Pentagon.

Four of the world's most influential figures meet inside the Pentagon to discuss a peaceful end to a Cold War, but only find themselves fighting for their lives to survive a horror long-since thought to be gone. Join John F. Kennedy, Robert McNamara, Fidel Castro, and Richard Nixon as they uncover secrets about the source of this apocalypse, as well as secrets about each other.

Also, I have updated Chapter 16: "Space Race", as it has been brought to my attention via MysteryMachineX's first video in his series that the film reel narrator is not Maxis at all, but an unknown individual. I have updated the chapter accordingly, while also fixing some grammatical and wording issues. I swear that voice was Maxis! Must be a case of the Mandela effect. Anyway, this also means parts of Book 1 are going to have to be reworked. However, I am holding off on updating Book 1, as there is a LOT I want to add, so for the time being consider it non-definitive.

And if you ever want to re-read the fun April Fools chapter, it will be up here.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, anonymous said:

I actually believe the person is Maxis. @Doppelgänger, @Slade, @MysteryMachineX and I openly discussed that in this thread:

In the end, it was @Rissole25 who ended the discussion with proof: That the person in the Kino radios is Maxis

Ah-hah! So I'm not crazy. I forgot about the Revelations reels being related. Makes me wonder why the voice in Kino is so different.

• Moderators

Oh hi I didn't see you there. Hey, while you're here, I've got a new chapter of Attack on the Pentagon. Where? Oh, on the storybook section of the site, right here.

As the four VIPs enter the laboratories hidden away beneath the Pentagon, they discover dark secrets hidden away from the world for decades, and they continue their efforts to contain the outbreak, and to warn the world of the terror waiting to be unleashed.

Also I have fixed some grammar issues with chapter 1, and updated a discrepancy regarding the DEFCON level of the Pentagon. Plus I changed the film reel narrator in book 2 chapter 16 voice back to Maxis since that whole debacle was resolved and it turns out I am not crazy. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this chapter. I leave you with these words of wisdom:

"Stay cool, hippies!" - Richard M. Nixon, 1963

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On ‎9‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 1:18 AM, RadZakpak said:

Oh hi I didn't see you there. Hey, while you're here, I've got a new chapter of Attack on the Pentagon. Where? Oh, on the storybook section of the site, right here.

As the four VIPs enter the laboratories hidden away beneath the Pentagon, they discover dark secrets hidden away from the world for decades, and they continue their efforts to contain the outbreak, and to warn the world of the terror waiting to be unleashed.

Also I have fixed some grammar issues with chapter 1, and updated a discrepancy regarding the DEFCON level of the Pentagon. Plus I changed the film reel narrator in book 2 chapter 16 voice back to Maxis since that whole debacle was resolved and it turns out I am not crazy. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this chapter. I leave you with these words of wisdom:

"Stay cool, hippies!" - Richard M. Nixon, 1963

I somehow missed this. Great chapter!

• Moderators

Hello all, sorry for the long wait! Here is chapter 3 of Attack on the Pentagon, "FIVE".

The VIPs have returned to the War Room, and the President has devised a daring plan to contact the outside world, and potentially escape with their lives.

Should finish up the last two chapters somewhat soon, then return back to Book 2. No promises on dates though, as final exams approach.

And remember:

"Ugh...need some beans for the chowder here!" - John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 1963

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Well folks, with the awe-inspiring release of the official timeline, a huge portion of my project has been rendered incorrect down to its very roots, and nearly everything will have to be re-written.

I am actually glad this happened, as I have been looking for an excuse to re-write Book 1 to fit my more current writing style and to explore more events. With the new content revealed in the timeline I have plenty to work with, and also having dates for EVERYTHING is SUPER helpful and I want to hug Jason Blundell for that. Because this timeline is so to-the-point and thorough, my storybook has become antiquated as a teaching tool for newer members of the community, and so I will focus my writing more on making a narrative as opposed to trying to connect a bunch of misplaced dots, which this timeline has done so perfectly for me.

So what about all the work that exists currently? Well, maybe it's the hoarder in me, but I'd like to keep it around just to look back at. Here is the original versions of Book 1, Book 2, and Tales from the Multiverse.

These will remain untouched. In Tales I have added the small outline of events I had noted down that I wanted to do with Chapter 5: Containment, and Chapter 4 was actually finished and ready to be released. But with the characters actually surviving in this timeline, I have to scrap what was left.

I should begin outlining the second version of Book 1 sometime soon. However, I will be wary of the likelihood of even more mind-blowing information to come in the remakes present in Zombies Chronicles.

Anyway, thanks for the support everyone. This is a new dawn for the storybook. The road is long and dark, but I know where we are going.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It's been a long hiatus but I needed some self-motivation to get myself writing some brand new content in areas I've treaded before, but it is wholly worth it, I believe. I am proud to launch version 2 of the storybook with the release of the prologue, Chapter 1: Induction, and Chapter 2: Abrecadavre.

The prologue is mostly unchanged but with a definitive date on the timeline I went a different direction with the purpose of Sergeant Raines being there, Chapter 1 has only a small portion of reused content, with a good amount of new content and dialogue to go along with the date as well. Chapter 2 is completely new apart from the name, and I really enjoyed creating it from scratch.

I hope everyone enjoys the new version of Book 1 going forwards. I'm hoping to make the chapters longer and more detailed with much better dialogue and character development now that I don't have to worry as much about where everything takes place.

• Like 1
On 1/13/2017 at 3:15 PM, anonymous said:

I was wondering the same. Dempsey uses a grenade, although I believe his weapon is not PAP'ed, so even if he shoots the trap does not work.

He PAP'ed his weapon(Thompson, I think) shortly before throwing the grenade. And as long as you were currently holding the PAP'ed gun, throwing a grenade worked the same as shooting it.

• Moderators

Ah, I admire you for seeing the recent changes in the storyline as a challenge, and continue the good work. In my opinion, even better work. The last word in Chapter 3: Hilda, so well thought! I also love the fact that Vril is mentioned already, and I certainly hope it will be mentioned more in the future. Two points:

>A test subject having the weight of 48 kg. I know the early 20th century were rough times, but isn't that a little too light? I think an average human weights like 70-80 kg.

>A scientist from rural Mississippi? Since you are from there too, it cannot be coincidence...a little Easter Egg?

• Like 1
  • Moderators
9 hours ago, LadyXombie said:

He PAP'ed his weapon(Thompson, I think) shortly before throwing the grenade. And as long as you were currently holding the PAP'ed gun, throwing a grenade worked the same as shooting it.

Did not know that. Thank you

• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

>A test subject having the weight of 48 kg. I know the early 20th century were rough times, but isn't that a little too light? I think an average human weights like 70-80 kg.

>A scientist from rural Mississippi? Since you are from there too, it cannot be coincidence...a little Easter Egg?

I swear I googled the average male weight and that's what it was, since I don't know metric well. I probably read the number backwards or something.

As for Mississippi, that is definitely a part of it, and also I wanted to illustrate the diversity of Group 935 when it began.

• Administrators

Chapter 2 really has that enticing imagery going on...and I'm a sucker for medieval imagery. :tounge_xd:

Also, noticed an error in Chapter 2:

“Is Hilda the reason your are so forlorn, Doctor?”

Just being a little grammar Nazi zombie, that's all. 

• Like 1