The Time Has Come

Hells Warrrior

• Tech Admin

With a heavy heart.

It has been several months since I have been active, I took some time out to spend more time with the family, concentrate on work and to generally enjoy life away from the site and gaming in general. At 40 years old this year, my time for gaming has dwindled Year or Year.

So I have decided with a heavy heart to hang up my gloves and hand over the reigns to someone else.

When I joined the team, the site had a few technical and staffing problems and as a team we got rejuvenated and pushed the site forward and self funded.

We aren't quite self funded but close to it.

I'm going to stick around for a few weeks in the background with the staff to discuss and implement the required changes and ensure everything is handed over smoothly.

As a team though, it is apparent that we are pretty much mostly of the same opinion and others may also hang up the gloves but that is for them to say who they are and if/when that will happen.

It's probably for the best with a fresh injection of ideas from new and existing staff members on how to push the site forward and what changes if any are required.

It's been a pleasure getting to know you, for those that don't know me or know if me - sorry about that.

Wishing everyone the very best for the years ahead.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

:sleepy:

This was not expected so suddenly, Craigo. I have much to talk with you but seeing that this was your decision coming for a while, I can only do one thing: to support you move albeit it being with a heavy heart.

For everyone on CoDz and future generations, @Hells Warrrior is nothing less of a "god". This man came to use when we were in a time of need and did not hesitate to offer his services. Hell, he didn't ask for a single form of payment or reward...just pure kindness from his heart. A few veterans on this site know what we had faced back when the forum was running on outdated forum software with severe tech AND administration problems (don't listen to Craig, we had shit hit the fan real hard before he saved us). He offered to put us on a better forum software (IPS) and took the reigns as the head honcho for everything systems administrating and even financially.

I've seen the man go through so hell while being staff here. You won't believe how much work goes through this site in the backend. Imagine, if you will, the science behind the human body and how insane all the systems/organs have to work together in order to do simple tasks like move and think and talk. That powerhouse was Craig for CoDz - the big brain and science behind it all.

I can sit here and praise Craig all day long about how he saved CoDz and is a wonderful guy, but words enough won't do him justice. He's more than just a sys admin or a fellow slayer...he's my friend. Family. The kind of man that you'd welcome into your home with loving arms as you'd do anything to show how much you appreciate him in your life. He has been my inspiration to strive as a better staff member, and human being all together. Even on a personal level, he's shown me a kind of human empathy that I've never experienced before. I only hope that I can carry what I've learned from him on all levels into the rest of my life, as he has done for myself and everyone who has been lucky to be in his presence.

To Craig, you will always be our family no matter which direction your life takes you. The Zombies gaming community may be dwindling away slowly but I hope that you really reconsider your position and decide to stay with us despite the delayed activity rate. You can still appreciate the game, not be into the gaming experience of it as much and yet remain with us. But perhaps that's just me wanting to keep one of my...best friends and role model here with us longer.

Either way, I'll follow you into Agartha and beyond. You're beyond the scope of a Legend in my heart.

The site won't be the same without you, but it sounds like this is a decision that you have wrestled back and forth with for a while, and you have to do what is right for you and your family. 

I joined the site after you became involved, and it was a time where the site really seemed to be thriving from your involvement, and there was and still is an integrity that seems exclusive to Codz. I know we only played the once, but you seem like a really genuine, sincere guy and I wish you all the best for the future.

Even if this is the end of your official involvement with the site, I would urge you to keep your consoles and games. I've had a few moments where I thought I might walk away from gaming in general recently, but it's nice to know if you're ever feeling nostalgic and want a trip down memory lane, the game and your fellow zombie slayers are only a click of a button away.

• Moderators

Oh Hellswarrior, good old Hellswarrior. Since I am around here, you seemed always like the "father-figure" on this site, and when someone had technical trouble, you always helped him/her. I've said it before, but without you this site probably wouldn't be here and other way wouldn't be as good as now. I certainly hope you will come back now and then, but what I hope more is that you will have a awesome life with your family and friends. Don't waste the time you could otherwise spend here on the forum: Enjoy your life. Wish you and your family the best. And in times that things dont turn out the best, know that there are many people here who see you as their friend. You and what you have done here will never be forgotten. And if you don't forget us either, the rift between our soals and memories will keep exist.

Goodbye

• Moderators

What this old man deserves is a kick in the butt. >:( (Just kidding)

Man... HW. I've said it so many times how valuable you have been for this site. So I am not going to say it for a 100th time.

Just know that I very much do respect what you have done for us and that you will always have the most precious spot in the heart of CoDz.

I also respect your step down from the position, but I do not like it. :P

Maybe someday this franchise will go back to it's glorious popularity and people will apreciate good and well thought out theories again instead of constant shitposting and dumb memes. That is a big fat maybe though. (I am not talking about current day CoDz though just making that clear. <3)

What I want to say is: When that day comes and you feel the itch again, I am sure you can comeback as the King of CoDz.

I wish you all the best and of course your family as well.

Kind regards

your favourite dutch/german hybrid

<3 <3 <3

Fuck BO III

I've already spoke to you privately regarding this and have told you I feel the same but while also feeling burnt out and deflated with zombies I have had a several month break from playing regularly but recently while having a bit of spare time in my busy working life I have started playing again here and there and while doing some solo high round strata on a few maps I have started to feel the spark again so I don't want to leave the scene quite yet. 

Maybe I just played zombies too much and got burned out on the whole thing but after a long break I can feel the passion creeping back in. I know I will never be able to pump in the same kind of time I once did but I definitely feel the itch to play again and I'm going to try and get involved again. Time will tell if my feelings are short lived or not but I will percivere nonetheless.

Just wish the mode wasn't laden in micro-transactions but I will try to look past it and see what happens. Either way, let's get some games in bud and see what happens.

@Hells Warrrior

While I don't know of it entirely being my place to speak on the matter, I feel I should say something.

When I joined this forum (if I recall correctly, it was about... May 2014?), it was tough, what with adjusting to a new forum and such. I was particularly used to PTG before I came here. A lot of the people I came to know there I basically got used to being around, and I'd spent plenty of time not even attempting to contact them, or anything of the sort. I didn't actually like or favor plenty of them, but they were just around, and a few of them actually became my friends. So, it was definitely hard to adjust at first.

But I feel that coming here has been one of the biggest gifts I'll ever receive in my life. I met some of the greatest creative minds I know as of today (Voyager, HitmanVere, etc.), created plenty of posts that could make me active in the community again, and realized my potential as a writer, creating a map concept story I actually feel proud of (albeit my incessant stalling of Citadel). I feel indebted to thank you for that, though. Because you basically worked behind the scenes, keeping this forum running and working so that I could do these things, and create all I have. Notwithstanding the fact that you, as a forum member, are a great and positive individual.

I do hope that this transition works well for you, and I wish you the best of luck in the future!

Suffering from same issue with forums, my dude. I have also lost the spark I had back in 2014/2015 when I was always active in forums and technically always reachable through PM. Can definitely relate in some way.

When I was active, I remember discussion about forums with you, helping it in small ways possible (like Teamspeak server for a bit), good times. Never had unpleasant time with you while talking.

Hopefully you come back one day with the same inspiration you had back then to make forums great again :smiley:

Hells you're definitely my idea of what the site is, I hope it remains stable after your departure.

And that's not even to talk about theories, I find this site to be my home on the internet. 

I don't post much at all anymore, mostly for the same reasons stated, but this is where I come at the end of the night, usually I fall asleep reading old info from back when.

I'm sure we will see you from time to time Hells, this place is harder to forget than any cutscene or anticlimactic ending.

Don't let this site fall through or I'm comin for alls ya ;)

Craig, thanks for all your hard work on this website. As everyone's said before, we're all in your debt for taking on the reigns and stepping up in a big way.

Your insight, expertise and genuine kindness had made an impact on this site that will be immortalized forever. While Covy was away, I was often limited in the amount of work and time I could dedicate to improve the site- not to mention my lack of experience. Your offer to dedicate time to create meaningful improvements to this site meant to much to me, because I knew it'd mean alot to all of us here. Now a few years later, CoDz is a beautiful website with all the features deserving of a such an important site to the COD Zombies communities. Through your help, this site truly cemented it's position as the best COD Zombies site on the internet. We've had some great times in the past, and I wouldn't trade those for anything. I was able to learn so much from your time here on the site, and for that, I'm thankful friend.

I want to wish you the best of luck in the future, and I hope you're able to devote some of your scarce free time to pursuing a project that genuinely enjoy. As always, best wishes for your family too. As your adventure in life continues, I hope your boys are able to grow to be as genuine & generous as you were here on CoDz. 

Archived