So Newtons Cookbook? Do you like it?

Rissole25

Newtons Cookbook is essentially a GobbleGum Conversion system, allowing you to trade Mega's/Rare Mega's for Rare Mega's/Ultra Rare Mega's. You also need to use a new type of "item", Distills. You can get 30 free once per day, and are purchasable for Liquid Divinium/CoD Points. 10 Distill's are used for every conversion, with the recipe's for certain gobblegums being swapped around occasionally for others.

So my thoughts on it? It just doesn't really interest me. I've already given my thoughts on GobbleGums here, so you can see why. It also kind of annoys me that it requires these new Distills, and to get them, we need to purchase it with Liquid Divinium or CoD Points. If I've got Liquid Divinium, I'm going to be spending it on Monty's Factory. You get 30 Distills free per day which is nice, but it's just the fact of charging for it again. Like seriously?

That said though, that is just my opinion on it. This might be worthwhile for those who have a ton of low-tier gums, but have hardly any high-tier ones. And another good thing about this, is that it "unlocked" DLC gums, meaning if you just have the base game with just Shadows of Evil, you'll still have access to the gums added in DLC's.

So CoDz, what's your thoughts on this new addition?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

When I first heard the name I was hoping for something story related. Sadly, it has something to do with the gameplay: Gobblegums. And Im a old-school player: I only use perk-a-colas, I've never bought any gobblegums. So that book doesn't apply on me. The name, however, still interests me. Is it just a nice nickname, or has it to do something with the story?

Why Newton's Cookbook?

Why not just Monty's? Or like, any other character briefly mentioned in the Zombies lore. Why not Gersch, or Yuri, or Gary / Brock or Stuhlinger or someone from the Flesh or Broken Arrow.

It's almost like they are already trying to forget God Monty ever happened. lol

And I guess a nice addition if it was in the game from the start. Now it's just... eh, who cares.

• 2 weeks later...

I need a twitter to follow that posts a pic of the new gums to craft every day. I am not gonna launch it daily just to see what to craft. I think they could have made it more friendly to people who aren't on every day. Like if it changed weekly but there were 6 options instead of three. 

I think being able to use up unwanted gums is brilliant tho. I have whole gum sets filled with gums I don't care about to burn through when I am just messing around with friends and not playing seriously. 

Now that is has been out for a few weeks, it is nice we can trade garbage gobblegums for nice ones. I do not mind spending the 3 Liquid Divinium here and there on a batch of distills to make a gumball I know I am going to use. I see it as spending the LD in Doctor Monty's Factory and getting a gum you want with each one, not an issue if spending a few trash gums i'll never use along with it. Some recipes are nice, like 8 Burned Outs for a Perkaholic. Some are not so nice, like 8 Death Machines for an Instakill. At least it shuffles around each day. Overall the addition gets a thumbs up from me. 

Still doesn't cut it IMO. I'm saving up "distills" for the day that some utterly useless gobblegums can be traded in for really good ones. Yet I see something like Perkaholic, then I check and it wants me to trade in like 2 Bullet Boosts and an Unbearable for a Perkaholic, both of which I use. Why oh why can't you just pick, maybe, 10 megas or 5 rare megas to trade in for an ultra rare of your choice?

On 15/01/2017 at 10:56 AM, Lenne said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But I like the fact that the game got something "fresh" after the release of a new CoD.

I just wish it was DLC 5 for BO1. :P

Still holding on to hope for a classic map pack here as well, probably never going to happen but if I pretend that it might then at least that's a bit of excitement in my life.

Archived