FLdvYUT.png

Ah Jason "satisfying, complete ending rolling in" Blundell. Director of our favorite game mode. Also sucker for cliffhangers.

The man raised to the Aether  I mean, Agartha  I mean the heavens because he made one his name was slapped on one top tier map (Mob of the Dead) but then subsequently ruined the entirety of CoD Zombies.

Ever since Jimmy Zielinski and Reza Elghazi but he never gets any love because Transhit left Treyarch he has been the face of Zombies. And with the BO3 Z season having just ended on a rather ... interesting note.

Let us remember all the things that our good man has brought to the table this past year.

Thank You Jason for:

• Adding a """"new"""" cutscene named genesis.mkv and having it encrypted when everyone was all about the Super EE oh boy this can't be there actually is one can't wait to see the real ending!!!111 oh wait it's just the SoE intro cutscene oh hahaha you joker you ; )
  • Retconning the shit out of the Zombies storyline for no good reason, basically throwing away everything up to Mob to insert your own crazy overly convoluted fan service shit.
  • Replacing a story based on historical events, myths, conspiracies and (alien) technology with a story based purely on maaaaaaaaagic and le good versus ancient evil ; )
    96FEeqJo7.png
  • Making the primary antagonists in a gamemode called ZOMBIES squid tentacle aliens straight out of a ZONE-SAMA hentai parody.
  • Making a story that was about surviving in a apocalyptic wasteland while having to choose between two opposing sides and while having to deal with an infinite cycle of dying and being reborn into a story about a 80 year old ""God(?)"" that has 4 grown men getting into the bodies of children to keep them and a little girl trapped inside a basement because......... reasons? 
  • Putting 95% of the story behind a bunch of ciphers because that's what we've always wanted having to become Sherlock fucking Holmes in order to understand the plot.
  • Adding more fan service for the sake of giving fan service than your average anime 
  • Being not ONLY responsible for one of gaming's WORST endings ever (Origins) 
    But after admitting the ending totally sucked and after retconning that...
    Proceeding to make an even WORSE ending for Black Ops 3 ;/
  • Admitting that he wouldn't add any new gamemodes to Zombies because he has a super high standard and only things that are challenging, fun and creative are given his Seal of Approval
    And yet totally approving the Relevation's Final """""Boss"""""" battle.
    And making the grand reward for finishing all the easter eggs a ... different starting pistol.
  • Not giving us any new perks side from Automated Electric Cherry Widows Wine because you're a sucker for classic perks?
  • Promising us that Revelations would put brackets on the 8 years of Zombies (Which is highly ironic in and of itself because you practically erased 8 years worth of Zombies lore to shoehorn in le magic good versus ancient evil squid monsters battle)
  • And yet still not having explained the following
     - The meaning of the blood vials
     - What our crew was "immune" for in ZnS
     - Why Richtofen's soul was already in the house but they still killed him in The Giant trailer
     - Who the Bald Man in the First Strike poster really is (spoilers: It's Richtofen) 
     - The relationship between the Shadow Man and Richtofen
    And most importantly
     - Why Takeo sounds older with each released map yet he looks 20 years younger than his 1.0 counterpart

d221p2I.png

Thanks for reading my shitpost. <3

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, anonymous said:

We cant blame Blundell for all this. Sure for some things, but not everything. The community has become very lazy after Revelations. Im sure if everyone digs deep enough, we will be able to find answers on the unsolved questions.

Exactly. I'm sure time will tell(or not) but I don't think he's sitting around thinking "I trolled the shit out of them." It's probably more "I can't believe they gave up. I gave them everything and they're too stupid to look for it." While the ciphers might be too hard this time around, the estimated size of the plaintext from them is probably a small chapter of a book. We might be sitting on better answers than we could even imagine but it's just gonna take some time.

As for the actual map, it's been clear to me that the community has just given up. Most people took one look at the subpar "ending" and trusted it to be just that. I don't really understand how anyone can look at the Rev ending compared to the other BO3 maps and think that we're done. Maybe we are and I just refuse to give up on the dream but I surely hope not.

I will say this though: Game logic and trolling aside, Blundell is a man that works at a company that sells a product. You don't just piss on 8 years of buildup to troll a bunch of kids. He needs to sell another product in a few years and knowing you'd have a bunch of shit reviews with the Rev ending doesn't work. Additionally, you don't tell everyone that the product will keep users busy for 18 months and fail to deliver. You need to keep a job and make money to support you and your family. This may be just a game to us but it's this man's livelihood.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, oxin8 said:

I don't think he's sitting around thinking "I trolled the shit out of them." It's probably more "I can't believe they gave up. I gave them everything and they're too stupid to look for it."

I feel bad for him. BLUNDELL READ THIS! We feel bad for you!

Look, the problem isn't that the community has gotten lazy or have given up, far from it. Saying it's the community's fault is like saying your book series is failing because your target audience is too dumb to understand it.

We paid what, 100 dollars give or take for this season of Zombies. Is it too much to ask for a complete and satisfying beginning - middle and end?

The ending is shit. It's fucking horrible. And it's not because of the community, hell no. It's because of one thing.

Horrible writing. Why?

Absolutely nothing gets explained.  

The Blood vials are never explained, even though they are crucial to  the story.

Monty's backstory, motive and even his powers are never explained even though he's crucial to the story.

The whole Primis fails infinite loop cycle whatever is never explained even though it's crucial to the story.

See the problem here? They fail to touch on anything that is crucial to understand what is even going on in the story. No wonder nobody liked the ending.
What's there to like when you leave all of these open plot points laying around and never give any closure on anything.

And probably the biggest offense is hiding this shit behind ciphers. Ciphers should be there to provide additional story related information that is not needed to understand the main plot but still adds to the overall story and thus enriching your experience. Cipher related information should never  contain crucial plot details because A: we might not even solve some ciphers, which basically means that crucial parts of the story are not known to us because we didn't solve some random numbers and B: Nobody wants to be Sherlock Holmes to understand the basics of your story.

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

I feel bad for him. BLUNDELL READ THIS! We feel bad for you!

How can you seriously feel bad for someone who purposefully added in an encrypted "new cutscene" to feed the Super EE hype knowing well that people would be fucking furious when they would find out said cutscene is actually the SoE intro but renamed and encrypted. 

Like that's not even funny. That's pretty much disrespecting your entire fanbase.

I know Jimmy Zielinski's popularity wasn't what it used to be after Transhit, Die Rise and God Mode Buried but at least he didn't put a fake cutscene in the files just to mess with his fans.

• Moderators

Think about WaW. The only info that was given was a meteor in a swamp, coordinates to Tunguska, a cutted hand, a hanging man, the thing "115" and some radios about a story about some doctor called Maxis who had some though problems with his daughter, dog and colleague. And look where we got! Apparently were those marines trying to rescue a man who later appears (or not) in a swamp, a base of Unit 731's mythical Division 9. The name "Der Riese" was enough to gain theories about the Nazi antigravity machine, UFO's, the Vrill Ya and hollow earth. Hollow earth, which was the key to what the story is today.

28 minutes ago, Slade said:

How can you seriously feel bad for someone who purposefully added in an encrypted "new cutscene" to feed the Super EE hype knowing well that people would be fucking furious when they would find out said cutscene is actually the SoE intro but renamed and encrypted. 

Like that's not even funny. That's pretty much disrespecting your entire fanbase.

I give your right for that one.

@Slade I agree with most of what you have said regarding the black ops 3 story, it was poor and I was massively disappointed. We pretty much knew what we would be doing (collecting the souls) from the disc maps, and we really didn't need 6 maps to tell that story. So many loose ends, and such little resolution in the end.

In regards to the SOE cutscene, I don't see how that is disrespectful. We are not supposed to know it exists. I know they are  aware that people datamine, but in that case it is a middle finger to dataminers, not their whole fan base. There is an irony in the people trying to cheat their way to answers (not meaning yourself), feeling cheated by what they found.

The major disappointment for me is what the multiverse and different versions of our characters has done to the story. I don't care about these characters anymore. I hope Revelations is the last we will see of them, but judging by the comics they intend to keep this story going, which will probably be the final nail in the coffin for my involvement with Treyarch zombies.

I'm with Slade here. I used to defend Treyarch but there's only so much one can bear. They're not evil, but they are severely misguided lately. Ciphers were a bad idea from the start. The entire community relied on only a handful of dedicated codebreakers. When those few fail, entire pages are missing from the storyline.

Plus, the lies and near-lies were rampant from the start. Half-baked promises that could never be kept. With Jimmy Zielinski, you always knew he was purposefully being cryptic to get at you. But with Black Ops III, they took the route of impersonating credibility. i.e. They tried their hardest to make promises and get people to believe them.

Falling for propaganda is not a good idea. But you can't simply blame the victims. You must point the finger at the designers of the propaganda. People are not interested in zombie talk these days because there's just little left to talk about. "What's the point?" many ask. It is a valid question, one I hope to answer.

Also, come on. God is apparently an old British white guy? Seriously?! How offensive is that?!!! I know this has been a series that's already been dominated by white male heroes and constant inappropriate depictions of women, but come on! (If you don't believe me about the woman thing, consider there ratio is often 0:4 or at best 1:3, whereas in the real world it would be 2:2. Also, Misty. Also, opening shot of Jessica Rose, between the legs. =_= )

Yasss slay @Slade (I feel so weird saying that).

I've said this around but compare The Giant and subsequent maps. With The Giant it honestly sounded like they were going to do a different story based on the radios and quotes. Why mention Samantha and that she was "withered"/dead and how she's changed if you're never gonna address that or feature her for more then 3 seconds? What's the deal with the radios where they talk to themselves? It wouldn't be their Primis selves, so thats open.

Like wtf does this one even mean and how does it pertain to the story as of Revelations? Why are they even killing Richtofens if they don't have a Soul Summoning Key? There's only one.

Nikolai Belinski: "It's not all bad news, Nikolai. We may have failed in our mission, but at least there is one less Richtofen to deal with. If it is any consolation, tell him that the first one was the hardest. I should know, I've killed at least three Richtofen's. There was the one in the fire, the one with the boat hook, and the one - what? No one told me. Sorry, forget what I just said. Everything will be fine."

There are somethings Blundell did good. Really good. But there are also some really stupid things that I find hard to ignore.

Swinging on in to add a little salt. I agree 110% with Slade on this (I came into this thread ready to throw punches because of that damn title).

Jason Blundell ruined zombies. Yes, Jimmy did make Tranzit. But at the same time, at least he tried to create a new side to the story. Ultimately it failed, but at least he tried. Retconning is terrible, and Jason used it to use the foundations that had already been laid to make his own story look all the more better. This entire season of zombies felt like some prepubescent teenagers shitty attempt at an "indepth" and "captivating" fanfiction. My appetite for this story has been ruined. I'll still love World at War - Black Ops 1, but I couldn't care any less for Blundell's spin (is that even what it is?) on it. 

Also, I'm still annoyed that they tossed Dr Monty, I mean God's (?) name onto a... gumball factory. To... what end?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Swinging on in to add a little salt. I agree 110% with Slade on this (I came into this thread ready to throw punches because of that damn title).

Jason Blundell ruined zombies. Yes, Jimmy did make Tranzit. But at the same time, at least he tried to create a new side to the story. Ultimately it failed, but at least he tried. Retconning is terrible, and Jason used it to use the foundations that had already been laid to make his own story look all the more better. This entire season of zombies felt like some prepubescent teenagers shitty attempt at an "indepth" and "captivating" fanfiction. My appetite for this story has been ruined. I'll still love World at War - Black Ops 1, but I couldn't care any less for Blundell's spin (is that even what it is?) on it. 

Also, I'm still annoyed that they tossed Dr Monty, I mean God's (?) name onto a... gumball factory. To... what end?

Blundell's story won't be as good as Zielinski's, but at least we can improve it. I mean, if we give up now, we'll never find out what information lays in the gaps of story. Off course, I really dislike the fact that the BO3 story includes little real life mysteries and (ww2 and cold war) conspiracies (such as Tunguska, project Riese, area 51, hollow earth, moon nazis, ...) but we are still able to do something to that. We still can connect things to the Ragnarok, Nan Madol, Lake Vostok and the Cthulu tales. To such things. We just discovered the top of the iceberg.

• Moderators
On 14.12.2016 at 5:44 AM, MysteryMachineX said:

Also, come on. God is apparently an old British white guy? Seriously?! How offensive is that?!!!

To be fair as soon as anybody tries to portray god in media someone is going to be offended.

+1 to both of you though.

Archived