Sign in to follow this  
Hells Warrrior

My Absence

Hells Warrrior    564

No doubt many of you will have noticed that I haven't been around as much lately, it's due to several reasons, work, family, life etc. but the main reason for my absence. Is I simply have no time for the game anymore, I have lost all affection I had for the game and it's had a knock on effect with loss of interest with the gamemode, site / community.

It's not that I don't want to play but I'm more interested in playing BOI or BOII and Der Eisendrache on BOIII - the rest of the maps on BOIII I couldn't care less for and I've hardly played anything since April.

I've decided that I'm not leaving the site but my activity will be greatly reduced but I'll still be around in the background and I'll ensure things are running smoothly. I don't want us going back to the dark days of going down at the end of each month but I also think we may need to consider our costs going forward as well. I've spent a lot of my own money on the site/forum/apps as have the others members of staff and those who have donated - which is why we won't leave you in the lurch.

It's a shame, I had a lot of time for this game but I'm also getting old (auld as the say in Scotland) and I've found myself generally play games less and less and watching more TV such as politics and documentaries and so forth (definately an age thing). 

Anyway, that's generally the reason why I haven't been around much, hope you all understand but when the affection goes, you can't do much about it but hope that maybe it returns in due course but with how Treyarch zombies went this year I find it highly unlikely that I will be putting any further funds towards any Call of Duty title.

• Like 1

Rissole25    378

Very understandable man.

And I'll give my honest opinion. I would absolutely hate for the site to shut down, but I would completely understand if it eventually came to that. You, the staff and the donors that have been keeping it alive for sometime now, which I'm sure we're incredibly grateful for. But if you couldn't keep up with the costs or didn't even want too, that's fair enough as well. I'd hate for it to become a burden on you guys.

• Like 2

Spider3000    140

It's sad that it's coming to this, but many of us are simply fed up with Call of Duty, or at the very least Zombies.

I also would not like the site shut down, because it has become a great website for me to hang out over the last year and a half, and even longer for many more people.

That being said, the passion is gone, and like Rissole said if you feel like the site should be shut down, because of costs or whatever I would understand.

I appreciate the whole staff for their contributions, but thank you Hells for making CoDz the site it is today.

• Like 2

Awards

anonymous    346

I've always seen you as the boss of this site, and its too bad to say bye to you. But its bye and no goodbye, and I'll see you again later. For everything you have done here (I believe you were even the one who bought this site and are also the biggest donor), I want to thank you. Good luck in your further life, only Scottish guy I ever knew.

• Like 2

Awards

You already know I echo those sentiments Craig. Black Ops 3 zombies was a massive let down for me as a whole. The story and attempts at answering many past mysteries was a disgrace to this great community who helped mold it. They would have been better left unanswered if you ask me. The direction the storyline went with BO3 was also a bizzare and nonsensical route. The finale was a real shame.

The problem when it came to gameplay was the lack of evolution in the series. If you have played since WaW then the games have just become progressively easier as each one drops. They seem reluctant to try and expand upon the basic core game style for veterans to get a new challenge and that has unfortunately made the series become tired. Their attempts to divert this tired style was to introduce annoying, random side quests that barely reward the efforts. Now we are getting zombies every season it is going to continue to lose it's charm (for me).

I don't want to say never but I won't be buying Infinite Warfare on release or anytime soon after. I would only have been buying it for zombies and after seeing gameplay for ZiS I just ain't interested in splashing 50 bucks on a game just for 1 map that looks fun but offers very little difference from what I've been playing for 8 years now.

• Like 3

Hells Warrrior    564
On 10/31/2016 at 0:47 PM, anonymous said:

I've always seen you as the boss of this site, and its too bad to say bye to you. But its bye and no goodbye, and I'll see you again later. For everything you have done here (I believe you were even the one who bought this site and are also the biggest donor), I want to thank you. Good luck in your further life, only Scottish guy I ever knew.

I'm not leaving, far from it - just can't be bothered with zombies in general at the moment.

I can second this, man. Sometimes life just grabs you by the..you know.. and other things arise. Sometimes it's not because you don't have the time, but also it just doesn't seem as important to be considered a priority when juxtaposed to other aspects of your life. Family, work, planning for the future. Everything.
It's like you really want for things to be simple like they used to be so you can sit down and actually enjoy a good game of zombitches. But you realize that time just doesn't want to allow that.
Personally, I used to be, primarily, a solo player, but now whenever I do get a chance..and the will..to play, I'm unable to play solo. My mind just wanders and thinks of all the other things I could be doing that will help better myself and my life in the real world.
It's a sad phenomenon but also a good one. Zombies, or any video game in general, isn't likely to be a productive pastime. However it's still a lot of fun if your mind will allow it. And there's nothing wrong with a little fun every now and then. Absolutely nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

• Like 3

Awards

As I discussed with you on another thread, I found BO3 somewhat enjoyable and still do (The Giant is of course fun, Eisendrache has some flashes of former glory and Revelations does also), but CoD Zombies is currently a mere shadow of its former self. When this community was at its strongest and busiest, was during Black Ops 1. I wasn't a member, but I lurked these forums all the time looking for strategies, reading more about the story and so on. The game in itself was fairly simple, and what are most people looking for in a zombies game? To kill zombies, to survive against the hoard, to challenge themselves to progress. That clearly got lost in translation over the years. Moon was as complicated as the game needed to get. I remember when I first started playing at my mates house, I used to go up there to play nearly every day and I'd eagerly look forward to our next session. Then when I got the game myself, I played almost every damn day for over a year straight before I finally got bored. It was a combination of always wanting to improve my scores, the community finding new and improved ways to play the maps even nearly two years after release, and just the fact that killing zombies was fun at the time, all made me keep coming back.

I suppose where we've figured out a lot about how the game works now then there's less emphasis on the need for the community to come together and find strategies and stuff, that's just the nature of the beast unfortunately. Still remember back in the BO1 days when guys like Superhands, 5and5, Tom and Pish were finding out all these things about how the game works and from those findings, themselves and others would develop strategies. Now it seems like all the best strategies are being found in the first week and the map starts to become stale quite quickly as a result. However, this really isn't being helped by the fact that the replay value for a lot of the maps is being killed because there's so much messing about just to get set up in a lot of these maps, whereas in the older days you could just jump right in, in most cases.

So yeah, this is still a great site, but it's past its former glory unfortunately. In a way, I regret not signing up to the site when it was buzzing back in 2011-2012, but I'm so glad I was a around at the time, lurking around and seeing what was going on and the site certainly didn't need any contribution from me as all angles were being covered by a group of awesome individuals. Regardless of the circumstances now, it'd be horrible to see the site shut down, even due to its history alone.

Edited by ZombiesAteMyPizza!

Mr. Jay    60

First of all, thank you.  Thank you deeply for your selfless contributions in the last 3 years.  Thank you for your financial sacrifices, your time and effort in moderating, and your deeds as a quality member.  We could have easily evaporated 3 years ago, if it wasn't for you.  I would extend the thanks to all staff members in the last three years, I could only imagine how difficult it was for you guys.

Secondly, I'm sorry.  I always thought you were unfairly entrenchred into this savior situation.  For years I complained about the business structure and the sustainability.  I'm sorry that the end is foreseeable, despite your efforts.

Thirdly, no one wants to see the curtains drop, unless it means freeing you from the shackles.  We wish not another minute of your sacrifice only to delay the inevitable.  Your time and resources could be better reserved for you and your family.  It's like round 50 on Five when you are only running circles just to not die.

I would like to extend thanks to Boom and Infesto for their efforts, as wells as other staff members who worked tirelessly in the last 3 years.  We couldn't thank all of you enough for keeping it alive for another 3 years.  The site will die, maybe not tommorrow, maybe not next year, but one day.  Is it worth fighting for still?

When the plug is finally pulled, the spirits and memories will forever live, in our hearts.

Separate Note:  I apologize if it sounds like an eulogy, it not my intent.  Happy thoughts.

• Like 1

Awards