CoDZ comic #1!

anonymous

• Moderators

Okay, heres a short breakdown of the very first CoDZ comic. I haven't talked or discussed about it with anyone, nor have I read it myself. I have only seen MrRoffleWaffles's video. I self really like it, both the story as the style it is written and drawed. It still leaves some open gaps for theorists, unlike I previously thought. Here we go:

Spoiler

In the first page of the comic book, it is said by the sane Origins Richthofen that many worlds are broken, because of his own selfish agenda. The story zooms in on four specific survivors: Misty, Marlton, Russman and Stulinger, all in an unknown American town. While Marlton is sitting in some kind of base, he is watching and has radio contact with Misty, who is sitting on the roof of a building, shooting zombies. At some moment, Misty climbs of the roof because, as stated by Marlton, "the area is clear of reanimate activity". Well, nope, when Misty walks over the street, a horde of zombies come out of the sewer. With help of a by Marlton made drone, Misty makes it out alive and returns to the base. At that moment, Misty and Marlton see Russman walking on street. Russman is searching for food, but at the moment he finds some cans with beans and other eatables, he is attacked by the undead. Stulinger saves him, but as they run away, they become surrounded by the horde and they run out of ammo. Stulinger repeats that it shouldn't go like this. On the moment everything seems lost, they are saved by Misty's gunfire and Marlton's drone. They climb up on the building where they arrive at the base. When Misty shoots on  zombie wearing nazi clothes (most likely zombie-Richthofen, but the characters don't know), the zombie dodges the bullet. Then, this zombie seems to command the other zombies to attack the character's base. Marlton leads the others to a bunker (doesn’t look like the nuketown bunker).  But zombie-Richthofen leads the undead to them, and when the zombies are in, ready to kill our crew, Stulinger again yells that this isn't how it should go.
He also says: "I did what you want. I got us together. You're going to have to meet me halfway here. A little freaking help?". Then, suddenly a portal appears. Russman asks Stulinger to thank his mysterious friend (referring to Richthofen, who can only be heard by Stulinger), and the four go though the portal. Zombie-Richthofen smiles evil. On the last page, we can see a zoomed out picture of the Nuketown Zombies loading screen. I ain't gonna explain that one, you have to search it yourself. For so far, issue 1!

Some notes:

-In the beginning it is said that many worlds are broken because of Richthofens Grand Scheme. So there are more universe in which the Moon missile's are fired.

-The portal in the end may explain the time issue we always had with Moon-Nuketown-TranZit-Die Rise. It could be possible that this comic takes place in the 20th century, but that they are later teleported to the future via the portal. We have to have patience.

-In the Buried cutscene, we see that the N4 meet each other in TranZit. In this comic, it seems that the characters know each other already. Does that mean that TranZit takes place before the comic?

-The characters going in Marltons bunker, together with the last page of the Nuketown screen, it seems that this bunker is the Nuketown bunker. It looks however, much different. This bunker entrance is in a building, while the Nuketown one is outside. Maybe the bunker has two entrances? But if that's true, the town this comic takes place in has to be Nuketown, while I don't see any matching things. Like I said earlier, I only have seen this comic in a video.

-It also seems that Stulinger is contacted by Origins Richthofen, beside Crazy Richthofen in the MPD.

-Zombie-Richthofen! Gives me many questions.

-And the Nuketown Zombies loading screen in the end. It deserves its own discuss-topic on this forum.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't think they should nor would go with making the events of Black Ops II trans-dimensional. Not more so than it already was. There's no need to separate the three levels that defined that saga into separate universes. Sure it was wacky and had a weird timeline, but it has been established for years. Going back and pulling out the rug and saying "psych you all got it wrong all those years ago back before we were even hired to think up some horrible twist idea that wasn't even conceptualized back then!" is just plain wrong. Besides, the main game focused so much on dimension jumping, and this zombie Richtofen is a new-ish guy. I think this is just going to be its own arc, with referential allusions to the main story.

Personally, the interpretation I have thus far is that this is simply a tale between journies. I would say between Die Rise and Buried, but that's not an American city. Are we sure the city is American? Where did that come from? Couldn't it be a city in the Eastern hemisphere? Anyhow, this was the biggest gap in their adventure, so it'd make sense to be at that time. If not, then my next guess would be between TranZit and Die Rise (but with a back-in-time pit stop at Nuketown).

I like the introduction of zombie Richtofen, but who knows what it's relevance will turn out to be. I don't think we're going to get any revelations from these comics, just some more filler. (I thought the same thing of Revelations and that turned out to be true, well, plus a conclusion to the series). By that I mean I didn't need to rewrite my story much at all. If this holds to be true, then that would mean that the Subjects on the Moon died, and Richtofen's body reanimated in a "special" way that made it more evil than the rest. It got back on Earth via the No Man's Land teleporter and raised an army. What was special about it? Have we ever needed a reason for that? *cough* Subject Two-Six *cough* Pentagon Thief *cough* George Romero *cough* Him

• Moderators
13 hours ago, MysteryMachineX said:

I really don't think they should nor would go with making the events of Black Ops II trans-dimensional. Not more so than it already was. There's no need to separate the three levels that defined that saga into separate universes. Sure it was wacky and had a weird timeline, but it has been established for years. Going back and pulling out the rug and saying "psych you all got it wrong all those years ago back before we were even hired to think up some horrible twist idea that wasn't even conceptualized back then!" is just plain wrong. Besides, the main game focused so much on dimension jumping, and this zombie Richtofen is a new-ish guy. I think this is just going to be its own arc, with referential allusions to the main story.

Personally, the interpretation I have thus far is that this is simply a tale between journies. I would say between Die Rise and Buried, but that's not an American city. Are we sure the city is American? Where did that come from? Couldn't it be a city in the Eastern hemisphere? Anyhow, this was the biggest gap in their adventure, so it'd make sense to be at that time. If not, then my next guess would be between TranZit and Die Rise (but with a back-in-time pit stop at Nuketown).

I like the introduction of zombie Richtofen, but who knows what it's relevance will turn out to be. I don't think we're going to get any revelations from these comics, just some more filler. (I thought the same thing of Revelations and that turned out to be true, well, plus a conclusion to the series). By that I mean I didn't need to rewrite my story much at all. If this holds to be true, then that would mean that the Subjects on the Moon died, and Richtofen's body reanimated in a "special" way that made it more evil than the rest. It got back on Earth via the No Man's Land teleporter and raised an army. What was special about it? Have we ever needed a reason for that? *cough* Subject Two-Six *cough* Pentagon Thief *cough* George Romero *cough* Him

I have no doubt that the comic takes not place in another universe than BO2, the story would only be messed up if they did so. As for the location, there is no certain evidence were it takes place. I just thought of North America because of the style of the buildings and electricity poles make me think its in America. Or perhaps Asia or Africa, but it doesn't look European. Off course, that's just my way of view, and its not a good argument. But Marlton seems to have built a whole base there. Like they lived there for a long time. Marlton possibly had that base before the Apocalypse. These things together with the Nuketown loading screen in the end of the comic (which is in Nevada, USA, North America), made me think it is taking place in America. But I agree none of these arguments are good.

And about the zombie-Richthofen, Im sure he is very relevant in the story. A zombie-Richthofen was seen earlier in CoDZ. And a leading zombie that can dodge bullets, it must have importance, right? He smiles at the end, when the N4 went though that portal, like that was what he wanted. Gives me the idea that he is send by Richthofen (who most likely made that portal).

I have many doubts. The story is already "messed up", so that's not a real metric. Occam's razor dictates that one cannot suppose a multiverse unless it is established as fact. Until we get some concrete evidence that supposes what was previously thought to be one universe was actually separate ones the whole time, we are forced to conclude the most likely explanation is that they are from the same universe. If this portal takes them to another city, full of zombies, facing the same plotline as they always have, then it is the same universe for all intents and purposes. If the portal takes them to a world where the Greeks won World War II, then yes it would be separate. Being wacky is not enough. Chronology is more important.

And yes, there's always the chance that it could be an alternate universe with differences so small that it is indistinguishable as another universe. But by that same logic, you could exist in a different universe than I. We could split timelines any moment. For if the difference cannot be observed nor measured, then the distinction is meaningless and can only exist in discussion of unobservable hypotheses or faith that the differences even exist at all.

• Administrators
On 10/16/2016 at 11:48 PM, Rissole25 said:

Although I haven't read it yet, what is staff's plan regarding the comic images being online and released early? @Hells Warrrior@InfestLithium@BoomByeYeah

As in, do you think they should be allowed to be posted on here for easiness? Or perhaps wait until the physical release before that can happen?

Yes go crazy! Whoop whoop.

To be honest, I didn't think we would be able to post the comic due to copyright, but there was a PDF version uploaded to reddit which seems to have since been removed. I have formatted it so it can be directly uploaded to the site, and easily read without needing an external link, but spoilers..

Spoiler

Spoiler

Apologies for the additional spoiler, my tablet hates me.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Hells Warrrior said:

Sorry folks not been around much, not got any plans for the comics as of yet. I haven't even contemplated doing anything, to be honest I haven't been very active recently at all.

Same, mateo. I feel like maybe we're all just recovering from varying levels of disappointment alongside trying to keep up with life.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright I finally read the comic.

I actually really enjoyed it and am looking forward to this series. One thing it made me realize, is that I feel like the TranZit crew are going to get more character development than the Origins crew has, except Richtofen. The comics all about telling a story, with future issues exploring each characters past. Whereas you only really get development from the Origins crews quotes and cutscenes. As I said before though, they still feel like the same people they were from Origins/The Giant except Richtofen.

Anyway, enjoyed the art style. Russman and Stuhlinger's faces are A+ every time. And it had me laughing unexpectedly at certain parts. I'm loving the mystery it's setting up. What is their fate? Why is WW2 Richtofen there? Is it Sam or Richtofen in there? And could it be the one from The Giant?

Really hope they explain which Buried ending happened and the events that happened after it. Seems like the crew just split up and only just reformed in the comic.

Archived