Blurryface

Black Ops III Mega Modding Thread

Blurryface    137

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my Black Ops III Modding Thread. In this thread, I will try to include all of the little and big things that we can add to our custom maps and also on how to script them to get them to work right. Right now this thread is not finished so I will be adding more and more as time goes on. I hope this thread can help everyone out and will be of good use.

Note: Use Ctrl+F to use the find feature to help you quickly get to a certain guide through my thread. It will help you out and save you some time. Here are a list of titles you can search for;

Changing Your Starting Weapon

Setting Up Perks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changing Your Starting Weapon

Changing your starting weapon is really easy to do and it is a really neat feature if you want your character to spawn with a completely different gun other then the default one. So lets go through on how to change our gun and get it to work in game.

- First of all we need to go to our BO3 root folder and open up our map folder. So go to the following path: BlackOps3Root/usermaps/scripts/zm/   Once you have gotten here open up the file named "mapname.gsc" with Notepad++ or any other Notepad that can read GSC.

- Once you have opened up the file use Ctrl + F and find the following line of code

zm_usermap::main();

- Add the following line of code just below the line that you have just searched for;

startingWeapon = "anyweapon";

weapon = getWeapon(startingWeapon);

level.start_weapon = (weapon);

- Replace anyweapon with the weapon of your choice. This will be the gun that you now start with when the map starts. For example you could change anyweapon with ray_gun.

- Lastly make sure everything is in place and looks right and then save the file. Once done head back to launcher and rebuild your mod and when you start the game you will have your new starting weapon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting Up Perks

Setting up perks is really easy and simple to do. The good thing is that we already have perk machines in our mod tools so that saves a lot of time but lets go through on how to add perks to our map and also on how to add perks that are not in the mod tools.

Basic Perks

- Quick Revive, Speed Cola, Juggernog, Deadshot, Double Tap, Stamin-up and Mule Kick are already perks that are in our mod tools and ready for us to use. To add any one of these perks to your map open up radiant and then open up your prefabs browser. Navigate through the following path. zm > zm_core > vending_perkname_struct. Select the perk of your choice and simply drag it onto your map. Once the perk is in your map make sure it is sitting level with the ground and it is facing the correct direction and that is how you add any one of these perks to your map. Now just rebuild your map and then start it up and your perk machine will be waiting on you.

Widows Wine

Adding Widows Wine to your map requires a little more effort but it isn't all that hard to do. Just follow the steps and make sure that you follow them correctly to make sure that your perk machine will work.

- First you need to download the already made prefab here

- Place the prefab in BlackOps3Root/map_source/_prefabs/

- Next open up your mapname.gsc in usermaps/mapname/scripts/zm

- Under the //Perks comment you'll see the base perk scripts, under the last line (staminup) put the following;

#using scripts\zm\_zm_perk_widows_wine;
Close that file and open up mapname.csc in the same directory, find the //Perks line again and add the same code listed above to the script, save and close.
Now open up raident and open up the Prefabs Browser then navigate to where you put the perk machine prefab.
Just drag it on to your map and place it where you would like, then rebuild your map and start her up and the perk machine will work perfectly.

Electric Cherry
coming soon...

Blurryface    137

Updated the thread guys. Adding little parts at a time due to me wanting to take my time with the thread and also me working away from home so it doesn't give me much space to work with. Hopefully this will be useful in the future and thank you for checking it out so far! :23: