Ciphers

SayGoldie

we all see ciphers while playing zombies around the maps... they are an inevitable part of the game. some can be solved in a matter of 30 minutes, and some still haven't been solved. the cipher I'm going to talk about, is probably the longest unsolved cipher in call of duty zombies.... that is "the castle" one. its been almost 5 months now, and nobody has even solved the first word... there can be many reasons for this... the main one being Treyarch are very sneaky. I think that they have added many different cipher methods in this one cipher... the unsolved cipher is this: (The Castle) o yo l l.jpgrrgnrdcyhea thsyar a p w sryy c auM ag ,naaca ldwylnmrphoto... llulf yoirntin teop noekuaoku Zyiooy.ee ulZ . I have solved the first word for this (o), this means "by".

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said that you think they used different encryption methods but you failed to mention what any of those are and instead insisted that you know only the first word. Anyone could make a similar claim regarding any unsolved cipher and they only way to proof them right or wrong would be to compare it to the solution. You need to provide additional information as to how you came to that solution or it's frankly not worth anyone's time trying to figure out the answer using a mostly imcomplete and unverfied partial solution.

1 minute ago, oxin8 said:

You said that you think they used different encryption methods but you failed to mention what any of those are and instead insisted that you know only the first word. Anyone could make a similar claim regarding any unsolved cipher and they only way to proof them right or wrong would be to compare it to the solution. You need to provide additional information as to how you came to that solution or it's frankly not worth anyone's time trying to figure out the answer using a mostly imcomplete and unverfied partial solution.

I used a method called Caesar... by was the first word for "o yo"

2 hours ago, SayGoldie said:

I used a method called Caesar... by was the first word for "o yo"

Caesar shifts work on a character by character basis so the input length will match the output length. If the input is "o yo" then the output needs to be 4 characters, not 2. Additionally, in a Caesar shift, each letter encrypts to the same letter each time it appears. This means that both "o"s would appear as the same letter so at the very least the start would have to be something like "be-b".

Also, if you're using a Caesar shift, you don't get partial answers that are correct. It's an all or nothing thing.

If you still feel that you're correct and just don't know the right name for what you did, show your work and we'll describe your approach in better terms.

5 hours ago, oxin8 said:

Caesar shifts work on a character by character basis so the input length will match the output length. If the input is "o yo" then the output needs to be 4 characters, not 2. Additionally, in a Caesar shift, each letter encrypts to the same letter each time it appears. This means that both "o"s would appear as the same letter so at the very least the start would have to be something like "be-b".

Also, if you're using a Caesar shift, you don't get partial answers that are correct. It's an all or nothing thing.

If you still feel that you're correct and just don't know the right name for what you did, show your work and we'll describe your approach in better terms.

awe ok thanks... I don't exactly know what the method was. i just typed in "o yo", and it said "by". i said Caesar, because it looked very similar to this method. you seem like you really understand this sort of stuff... maybe we could help eachother on this.

Ok. If you remember what you used or something, we could go from there but in general, I'm busy with other ciphers and this one in particular isn't high on my list. If you're interested in learning more about ciphers in general, practicalcryptography.com is a decent place to get your feet wet.

7 hours ago, oxin8 said:

Ok. If you remember what you used or something, we could go from there but in general, I'm busy with other ciphers and this one in particular isn't high on my list. If you're interested in learning more about ciphers in general, practicalcryptography.com is a decent place to get your feet wet.

ok dude.

Archived