The End Cutscene Discussion [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS]

Monopoly Mac

• Administrators
3 hours ago, MysteryMachineX said:

I somewhat disagree. No one ever asks a question unless they intend to get an answer. Or in the case of a rhetorical one, already know the answer. Zombies may be about questions and mystery, but any good mystery answers as many questions as new ones it introduces. I have never been interested in Zombies because I was simply enthralled in the mystery of it. I was interested in Zombies because the answers I did get were answers I had never even knew to expect and changed my perspective of the simple arcade game that unfolded around me.

Sure, some questions were answered, which, yes, must occur. Tranzit and Die Rise are examples of the no-answers extreme while Gorod Krovi is an example of too many answers being spoon-fed to the player. 

But over the course of the story,  the majority were left vague. And honestly, that's why your story projects can't be seen as reliable, accurate or canon, no offense, just being honest. You fill in the gaps with theory, which is what we have all always done. But it isn't fact. Simple as that. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Sure, some questions were answered, which, yes, must occur. Tranzit and Die Rise are examples of the no-answers extreme while Gorod Krovi is an example of too many answers being spoon-fed to the player. 

But over the course of the story,  the majority were left vague. And honestly, that's why your story projects can't be seen as reliable, accurate or canon, no offense, just being honest. You fill in the gaps with theory, which is what we have all always done. But it isn't fact. Simple as that. 

Quite frankly the idea of canon is ridiculous and serves only to tell others what you think something should be. In fact, that is literally why the word was created. Besides, by that logic, every historian who ever lived failed. Theories are the foundation of science, right above hypotheses, and they are but the icing on the facts I employ my story.

You can assert your opinion, but please don't attack my project.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, MysteryMachineX said:

Quite frankly the idea of canon is ridiculous and serves only to tell others what you think something should be. In fact, that is literally why the word was created. Besides, by that logic, every historian who ever lived failed. Theories are the foundation of science, right above hypotheses, and they are but the icing on the facts I employ my story.

You can assert your opinion, but please don't attack my project.

A theory is the step below a law. It is not a law until proven. And canon is dictated by the creator or its representatives. I realize that you don't like to acknowledge canon, yourself, in your own interpretations, however, denial does not invalidate indelible fact. When I say that Dr. Maxis was senior scientist for Group 935 during WWII, stationed primarily at Der Riese facility from which he began experimenting with Zombies, I have made a canon statement. If, however, I were to say that Dr. Monty is the devil - aha - wait! That would be a theory; a non-canon statement. The canonicallity of the theory is invalidated as a consequence of the credentials of its origin. Were we, however, to receive a final and conclusive confirmation, such a statement would then be canon. We had this debate over a year ago here on CODZ and the definition remains the same now as it did then. 

Unless you mean to say that I am simply and respectfully discrediting your work as inaccurate, which I am, I am not attacking your work as poorly arranged or presented; merely that, as a whole, none of the versions can be regarded as a canon explanation of the Call of Duty Zombies storyline. 

Canon is dictated from the creator? Like how the Bible was written by God? No. There is no list of what is considered "canon". Treyarch doesn't a have of list of "this totally happened". They've never even used the word. BUT YOU HAVE. Even things that can be considered fact can be retconned. Just look at the Kino radios. Or the ending of Buried. Or the origins of the characters. Or a million other things. The story evolves as more material is released. You are fooling yourself to think that the creators of a story equate to God. They are fallible humans and shame on you for trying to shame me to make something of it.

To sum it up, your view on "canonity" is your personal theory. And you're aggressively forcing it upon others.

Since you obviously have no support whatsoever for A Zombie Trilogy, I am removing your name from the credits. Good day.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, MysteryMachineX said:

Canon is dictated from the creator? Like how the Bible was written by God? No. There is no list of what is considered "canon". Treyarch doesn't a have of list of "this totally happened". They've never even used the word. BUT YOU HAVE. Even things that can be considered fact can be retconned. Just look at the Kino radios. Or the ending of Buried. Or the origins of the characters. Or a million other things. The story evolves as more material is released. You are fooling yourself to think that the creators of a story equate to God. They are fallible humans and shame on you for trying to shame me to make something of it.

To sum it up, your view on "canonity" is your personal theory. And you're aggressively forcing it upon others.

Since you obviously have no support whatsoever for A Zombie Trilogy, I am removing your name from the credits. Good day.

To the contrary, do you not believe in the inspired Word? Yes, canon was established by the Creator. To question my faith or think I equate Treyarch to God is a gross overstatement of my perspective. 

"Canon," as an adjective is not strictly belonging to Christianity as a religion. It is established facts as dictated by the ultimate authority on the subject at hand. Therefore, Treyarch being the authority and zombies being the subject at hand, it must therefore follow that what Treyarch has put into their games is, in fact, canon. Not to mention that the word Canon has been used by Jason Blundell quite frequently,  evidence enough that there is indeed a Canon to the zombies story.  Those same authors of Canon have the authority to change or alter a.k.a. retcon  or expand upon  anything currently perceived as Canon.  It's a sort of paradox of existence where canon in its final form already exists regardless of whether you and I or anyone in the zombies community is already aware of its existence. 

And no, it is not a theory of mine.  I am operating under the definition of Canon.  If, then, that means that you feel inclined to refuse acknowledgment of the work that I have done, that is on you. However, regardless of your decision to include or omit proper accreditation, I am unaffected;  perhaps even benefiting from not having my name on an innaccurate piece of work. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

beat it in an hour and a half on xboxone....super disappointed it took 2 minutes in the final boss fight. like what? the cutscene was awful. staffs didnt return LIKE BLUNDELL SAID THEY WOULD! however new files emerge with monty as the announcer. so super EE is coming? was not with the DLC4 for xbox and PC? wtf treyarch WTFFFF!!!! cutscene could have been better, story could have been better. complete trash and I have been playing for 7 years missed the first one. but come on! whole reason i bought BO3 was zombies. now im left disappointed. treyarch i think we need to see other people...i am disgusted

17 hours ago, Castun50 said:

staffs didnt return LIKE BLUNDELL SAID THEY WOULD!

The question DalekJD asked was "will we see them again in any capacity?" and he said yes, which doesn't mean we would wield them. Still disappointing, but just goes to show they know how to hype us up :/

15 hours ago, Nemesis_96 said:

The question DalekJD asked was "will we see them again in any capacity?" and he said yes, which doesn't mean we would wield them. Still disappointing, but just goes to show they know how to hype us up :/

Heck to the yes, I am super disappointed, the fact that treyarch would do this sickens me. I am appalled I really am

• 2 weeks later...

This was a complete waste of time

This easter egg ending gave NO answers and only made more questions arise. the reward was very underwhelming and this being the last map for the bo3 dlc cycle it was very disappointing. comparing this to other dlc 4s from treyarch is like comparing tranzit to mob of the dead. their is no competition.

TRASH

On 10/20/2016 at 6:25 PM, tooloud said:

This was a complete waste of time

This easter egg ending gave NO answers and only made more questions arise. the reward was very underwhelming and this being the last map for the bo3 dlc cycle it was very disappointing. comparing this to other dlc 4s from treyarch is like comparing tranzit to mob of the dead. their is no competition.

TRASH

my biggest complaint is that it was so hyped, so "full filling" hyped, the answers to every question we have had. Then you do the easter egg and your left with even more questions than answers. Been playing for 7 years and I have to say treyarch has dropped the ball HARD. Very unlike them too, its not just a trollarch thing its just they dropped the ball in the worst ways. especially after saying this map was being worked on before gorod grovi was even released makes you wonder, why all the update BS with the audios? like what were they working on that requires so much? this whole 2nd easter egg bs is stupid. It should not be that we have to wait for triggers to be put in place. my disappointment level is way to high

Archived